Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veurori View Post
    is here someone who is happy with lags in nazjatar, corruption pay to win or essences forced on 1 character? I want to see that guy

- - - Updated - - -

well it depends. blizzard failed w3, failed hots, hearthstone is slowly losing playerbase, and now diablo 4 with all the leaks and stats doesnt look that good in a long run. wow is the only sustainable income for the company so I think they should finally listen and do at least 1 expansion good now. they dont have any good project this year anyway.
    Rofl pay to win, man you need to go out more.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the beta for BfA ran for 3.5 months. I am hoping that the beta for Shadowlands will run for at LEAST 5 months (end of April to end of September). if BfA had an extra 6 weeks for beta then it could've been a bit better
    6 more weeks huh?

I don't know if you were around in MoP and WoD, but if you were, you'd remember they delayed the WoD release by a whole bunch. ....and what did it accomplish, if I may ask? They took their time, and had less than nothing to show for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Were you around at the launch of 8.3 to see the official forums? People complained about stuff that they REPORTED as bugs on the PTR, yet some of them went live anyway and were fixed a week or two after the release. What does that tell you?
    Tells me they either had other things with higher priority to take care of or, the already announced a release date, and were confident they would be fixed in short time. You act as if this was a year or two long bug that never got fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    You assume those issues were top priority, or that they were problems Blizzard should fix instead of directions players didn't like.

Blizzard just because feedback is given, again, does not mean they have an obligation to make changes or that they aren't listening. Could be simply, this is the direction they are going in too bad if you don't like it. Could be we know it's a problem but it is not a top priority, or we are having issues correcting it without fuckingnup other things right now and the fix will come later.

Again, game development is not a democracy. Feedback isn't being ignored just because you don't get a response or an ingame change.
    well, we have the entire shaman debacle. Where one of the top shaman player and theorycrafters simply quit the game in protest about blizzard ignoring the feedback about shamans and outright releasing the class broken and the shaman class had a insane decline in players. The fixes to the class was sent in and agreed on by the vast majority of the shaman players, but blizzard did not listen

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    in any Q&A, he never once mentioned any decision was forced on him, everything is his amazing brain idea and we stupid to not admire it enough

- - - Updated - - -

the only reason i know that most of those decisions aren't his is because his interview that i read myself prior to working for blizz, his opinions were hardcore that he considered wow getting very soft (was that interview during cata or mop era? don't remember), he wanted even more hardcore changes than wrath module, think of TBC/Vanilla progress system

Either he changed exact opposite of what he was in ideas, or he is forced, and since Ghostcrawler talked a lot about wow in first year he left we learned from him that he (ghostcrawler, not Ion, ion still can't talk free) was forced on at least few hated changes in wow by the company
    Imagine now in activision era, a company that rivals EA in term of how to f8ck gaming industry, either 1st or 2nd at closing beloved gaming studios after forcing them to rush bad games to end their reputation (the other is of course EA)
    We know why blizzard changed their mind after going hardcore again in cata. Ghost crawler did the get gud post and players left at a rate larger than any time outside of wod.

It proved people as a whole just don't like the game being super hard so catering to it is dumb. Unless you're a moron who wants a small community playing a tough game and everyone else to fuck off so your game is pure. Which from a business standpoint is stupid.

The cata bleed only stopped when lfr came in.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    well, we have the entire shaman debacle. Where one of the top shaman player and theorycrafters simply quit the game in protest about blizzard ignoring the feedback about shamans and outright releasing the class broken and the shaman class had a insane decline in players. The fixes to the class was sent in and agreed on by the vast majority of the shaman players, but blizzard did not listen
    Again, just because feedback is suggested does not mean a dev is obligated to make changes nor that it is being ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didin't know, there is some blizzard devs here... How suprising...

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Twink? Can you outfit low-level chars with essences now, or did you perhaps mean 'alt'?
    yeah sorry, I meant 'alt' :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, just because feedback is suggested does not mean a dev is obligated to make changes nor that it is being ignored.
    then why the F*CK do they make beta realms!? to suck money from idiots who pay to be free testers (whom they still ignore)?
    if they aren't obligated to make changes to literally the best shaman players on earth, who exactly should they listen to ? to the god and savior Ion who knows everything?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I didin't know, there is some blizzard devs here... How suprising...
    they did state during a Q&A before that they listen to fan websites even more than their officials in a weird PR statement, but that is quite old so maybe it is outdated info (i think that was early legion Q&A)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

then why the F*CK do they make beta realms!? to suck money from idiots who pay to be free testers (whom they still ignore)?
    if they aren't obligated to make changes to literally the best shaman players on earth, who exactly should they listen to ? to the god and savior Ion who knows everything?

- - - Updated - - -

they did state during a Q&A before that they listen to fan websites even more than their officials in a weird PR statement, but that is quite old so maybe it is outdated info (i think that was early legion Q&A)
    They fixed the issues you brought up. I don't see the issue. Once again, just because feedback is given doesn't mean devs are obligated to make those changes. What is so hard to understand about this? many things were fixed, some changes happened. Some may have been to big to do before release, some may have gone against the general philosophy of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    We know why blizzard changed their mind after going hardcore again in cata. Ghost crawler did the get gud post and players left at a rate larger than any time outside of wod.

It proved people as a whole just don't like the game being super hard so catering to it is dumb. Unless you're a moron who wants a small community playing a tough game and everyone else to fuck off so your game is pure. Which from a business standpoint is stupid.

The cata bleed only stopped when lfr came in.
    If, by your logic, the changes in cata caused a population decrease then why has the population decreased so much more since the mass casualization? Or do population decreases only count when they support your arguments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    If, by your logic, the changes in cata caused a population decrease then why has the population decreased so much more since the mass casualization? Or do population decreases only count when they support your arguments?
    ah yes the ole,

something as broad as "players leaving a game" only happens for 1 reason, arguement

Unhappy dear blizzard take your time to make next xpansion right
    One can only tear apart and reinvent the wheel so many times. Sometimes it will result in failure.

It's a shame they did not build upon and expand the Artifact Weapon system. Could have improved what worked in Legion without replacing it with an inferior product in BFA. What Blizzard did to class / AP progress design would be like scrapping Mythic Dungeons in favor of Mythic Scenarios. Just, no. Bad Blizzard. At least they did not scrap everything from Legion.

Blizzard needs some self awareness. No excuse for leading WoW into something as tragic as the start of BFA. Or as terribly alt hostile as the patch content that followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    One can only tear apart and reinvent the wheel so many times. Sometimes it will result in failure.

It's a shame they did not build upon and expand the Artifact Weapon system. Could have improved what worked in Legion without replacing it with an inferior product in BFA. What Blizzard did to class / AP progress design would be like scrapping Mythic Dungeons in favor of Mythic Scenarios. Just, no. Bad Blizzard. At least they did not scrap everything from Legion.

Blizzard needs some self awareness. No excuse for leading WoW into something as tragic as the start of BFA. Or as terribly alt hostile as the patch content that followed.
    Except the general consensus with everyone who spends all day complaining on mmoc (almost everyone on this site lately) is convinced the artifact system was just as trash as everything else *they* personally dislike about wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Were you around at the launch of 8.3 to see the official forums? People complained about stuff that they REPORTED as bugs on the PTR, yet some of them went live anyway and were fixed a week or two after the release. What does that tell you?
    It tells us that if blizzard doesn't release something that is absolute perfection like "FF14" (I don't know why that's the only other mmo anyone on here has ever played), then its an absolute failure.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    But which part should blizzard listen?
    People happy with the game dont post about it.
    For all we know people unhappy with the game could be a minority.
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    ah yes the ole,

something as broad as "players leaving a game" only happens for 1 reason, arguement
    Exactly. You can't use player population decreases or increases to make any kind of coherent argument for specific gameplay changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I have no lag in Nazjatar ever so yeah I'd say I'm happy with it.
    So you never do Battle of Nazjatar, grats for you I suppose...
    (Or if you ever played Battle of Naz in EU you are a stone cold liar.)

- - - Updated - - -

not be able to push m+ as high as someone who have millions of gold to buy items doesnt sound like pay to win?
    no buying one item of the AH is NOT pay2win - you should look up what pay2win means then you can learn that wow is a game that is never gonna be pay2win....

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    So you never do Battle of Nazjatar, grats for you I suppose...
    (Or if you ever played Battle of Naz in EU you are a stone cold liar.)
    Nice assumption, but I do Battle of Nazjatar all the time since it's a great source of CP and I have never experienced any lag at all during it except once. All you have to do is not join some a group that puts you into a server that has 200+ people in there. The only time I've seen the lag occur is when a guild called "Ruinous brings in 5 raid groups to that shard so you have 200 allies (yes literally this many) and brings the server to its knees, but even then its only for a few minutes. It's a known fact the server can't handle over X amount of people in a zone especially with abilities firing off left and right.

Secondly region doesn't matter as the same rules apply.

10+ Year Old Account
    They fixed the issues you brought up. I don't see the issue. Once again, just because feedback is given doesn't mean devs are obligated to make those changes. What is so hard to understand about this? many things were fixed, some changes happened. Some may have been to big to do before release, some may have gone against the general philosophy of the team.
    if they did fix it, it was way too late after they already left
    since i don't main shaman i don't know if those issues were fixed or not, what i do know for sure it was reported from early beta and went live and still ignored until ppl who play since day 1 left the game and gave up after they learned first hand that blizz don't listen to them anymore
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

if they did fix it, it was way too late after they already left
    since i don't main shaman i don't know if those issues were fixed or not, what i do know for sure it was reported from early beta and went live and still ignored until ppl who play since day 1 left the game and gave up after they learned first hand that blizz don't listen to them anymore
    Ahh yes, the I don't know defense. I know many people who have played since day one. I was there day one and plan to come back for SL, after my hiatus due to my job. Blizzard listens. The issue is there are millions of opinions and not everyone will be happy.

Again, just because feedback is offered, does not mean a developer is obligated to make changes. Thus is the part you are missing. You people sound like petulant children crying when they don't get what they want. You don't seem to understand how game development works.

There are plenty of blogs and sites dedicated to to it. Go read some it will give you some insight to the industry. And maybe it will stop this line of thinking. That is not to say devs cannot or do not make mistakes or make bad decisions based on feedback. They can and they do. But they have deadlines, budgets, and priorities, as well as trying to figure out what is actually good feedback. Frankly most feedback is vitriolic trite. Even then, the good feedback may not fall online with design philosophy, or it may be something that just cant be changed until the ext expansion.