Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question Mad World Achievement

Hello everyone!

As this will be my first post here I hope I'm not completely screwing this up.

I was wondering how many people on each Realm have the "Mad World" Achievement (Horrific Visions Feat of Strength).

Since I couldn't find any comparison website (at least not up to date) I was wondering if anyone might know something.

In case anyone knows a good achievement comparison website with up-to-date data I'd also be very happy with that :)

Thanks in advance!

5 mask solo is not hard at all for a coupe of weeks now.

Full research + high rank cloak makes it a cakewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    5 mask solo is not hard at all for a coupe of weeks now.

Full research + high rank cloak makes it a cakewalk.
    Nice answer there budd. We get it. You can do Mad World.

For the OP: https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14140/mad-world

Wowhead puts in at 1% of all accounts.

It's not really fun coming from caster class to deal 5 masks run expect if your geared out and know the route plan, it shouldn't be a issue but it's very hassle to deal with some annoying spell coming from grounds (Like move out and cancel your cast which result loss dps) It's doable though if you planned out what to deal with x and y.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-03-18 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Thanks for that reply. I had a scathing reply to the guy you answered to...but I was just like "Meh..whatever...it is not worth it" and deleted it. Let's try and be realistic...it is not a cakewalk for many, many, many people....and a ton of people that I encounter in chats during invasions aren't even far down the research tree or have a high cloak rank.
    I think a better question and more accurate analysis would be who actually cares and out of the people that care what is the percentage? You can't just look at the entire wow population and use that as a percentage of difficulty. I (and others like me) aren't going to put any effort into getting cloak ranks and 5 masking will never ever happen (I don't even know what masks are or how to get them) so my people shouldn't be in the statistic. Out of the people that care it's probably higher than 1%
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Meh...for somebody who doesn't care, you still got magically attracted to this thread
    I didn't know what Mad World cheeve was so I got curious
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    It's not really fun coming from caster class to deal 5 masks run expect if your geared out and know the route plan, it shouldn't be a issue but it's very hassle to deal with some annoying spell coming from grounds (Like move out and cancel your cast which result loss dps) It's doable though if you planned out what to deal with x and y.
    Baked Voidfin.

Casters gotta use Baked Voidfin. Less time moving, more time pew-pewing.

Consume the Baked Voidfin. Eat it like Doritos.

As I said in the Visions thread, your best friend is Gift of the Titans. Before engaging a difficult boss or one with hard-hitting Sanity drainers (Umbric, Rexxar, Boundless Corruption, that Inquisitor in the Drag), fish for the proc by waiting around a bit, or clearing some easy trash around them before engaging boss as soon as you have it. It gives you a hyper-lust and renders you immune to Sanity drain which allows you to pump DPS and shorten the most difficult fights dramatically. Don't be afraid to stand around, at current cloak levels the passive sanity drain is minimal.

The Visions-specific food are also quite handy, if a bit pricey on the AH.

Besides that, practice a 4 mask run and do everything to keep your Sanity above half, burning orbs included. If you can manage that, you'll be ready for 5 masks.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Baked Voidfin.

Casters gotta use Baked Voidfin. Less time moving, more time pew-pewing.

Consume the Baked Voidfin. Eat it like Doritos.
    Nah. Melee and casters should use the healing food. The only thing bad in 4/5 masks runs is mob damage. Use that and you can safely do "big" pulls(vary from class to class), simply face tanking without having to move so much. Without it you have to play safe which means you are losing time.

Seriously, 5 masks is a joke if you have a high level cloak and a full tech tree.

Actually I had to look it up also, it is not in the achievement tab. Seems to be a hidden achievement (like the 100 000 memento isn't visible at first, only after you collect 10 000 and then 50 000)
    The Mad World achievement is acutally a Feat of Strenght, so naturally it is impossible ot see until you get it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

What a coincidence, I just did mine. People saying it's already easy probably overgeared it at 465+ ilvl. Orgrimmar at 460 and now Stormwind at 463 were really tight.
    Specially if you are Enhancement and don't dirty trick change to Elemental for Alleria. I probably entered in "the zone" for a while because I was behind af on sanity and managed to dodge pretty much everything on her. I am happy with the achievement, specially representing my favorite spec!

Now that Rank 15 cloaks are a thing, Mad World is a joke to get. I'm around 467 iLvl, and although being an Outlaw Rogue (one of the top specs for it), I've been doing 5 mask clears for a few weeks now. I can also get through without using a single orb. Elite Extermination alone is so busted as it hands you 2,000 sanity across the 10 minibosses. Gift also gives you a ton of Haste, Speed, and 20s of 100% Insanity Resistance randomly, which can be a huge boon to sanity, especially if it procs in Lost Areas.

Without bothering to look, I want to say I got my first 5 mask clear around Rank 9 or 10, so it's been quite a few weeks. My first clear was an Org week and I got the SW clear the week right after.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty casual FoS for any1 who have full heroic+ gear (470+) and have all cloak upgrades. Tryed once in orgri and done it with 2 orbs left. Before that always did it with a friend (2ppl). Perhaps its a problem for ppl who never did it before. But after 10+ runs you know mobs pretty well. You not need even to hurry. You have enough time even to kill everything and loot all chests. Just need some preparations for that
    1) around 5 kebabs per run
    2) 2% food helps a lot
    3) WA with poison tracker (to understand effects of every potion)
    5) WA with area debuffs + artefact proc. It have 1 min cd so if you see hard pack and its not on CD you can count on it.
    6) with invise pots or abilities you can skip some packs. Especially big insect before rexxar. Cos otherwise you have to burn you cds most likely. And came to boss "empty".

I did orgri+5 w/o hunting pots (got only 2 +100 sanity). And ate only 3 kebabs. 472gear fire mage. And still have 2 orbs. I did it with several mistakes and still success. So...I think mechagon immortal still harder. Cos last boss do not give you any chance to fix you mistake.

Congratz on that achievement. I hope to get there soon, but it will have to be on an Orgrimmar week. Also I skip some content like pvp..so some helpful essences might be eluding me and my ilv is still only 450.

But yeah...as some ppl here point out, they do have the full research, the full cloak and a high ilv. And if they could do a 5 mask clear with a rank 10 cloak, then they also are well skilled. For some it is hard to fathom, how anyone could have problems with mechanics that they overcome easily.

One of the posters here, Soulsobreezy has a nice youtube channel, where he did a 5 mask run on his Prot Pally at ilv 459, I believe. It still doesn't look like he "facerolls" stuff.
    But not only is he a better player than I am, he also has way more essences or "luck" with corruptions that help. He also does videos with classes that he isn't familiar with and that have like ilv 430-440 or so.

I am constantly hearing in chat what range ppl are in. Even now, some don't have the Elite Extermination research or are just at cloak rank 6. Some hate SW so much, they skip that week. And I must say, going into HV with alts is just not fun. First the seemingly endless quest chain, only to find out at ilv 425 I hit like a wet noodle, every piece with corruption on it makes it harder as you constantly spawn some crap and sanity drains like mad. That is probably my gripe with how HV are build: I actually does get easier over time...then spikes agin with "Mask of the long night" being the worst and first available.
    Thanks.

At rank 10 or 11 skill is indeed present but some classes and specs have so much more tools for HVs that it's not even funny. I would kill for some kind of Blink as Enhancement or Stealth without potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    Pretty casual FoS for any1 who have full heroic+ gear (470+) and have all cloak upgrades. Tryed once in orgri and done it with 2 orbs left. Before that always did it with a friend (2ppl). Perhaps its a problem for ppl who never did it before. But after 10+ runs you know mobs pretty well. You not need even to hurry. You have enough time even to kill everything and loot all chests. Just need some preparations for that
    1) around 5 kebabs per run
    2) 2% food helps a lot
    3) WA with poison tracker (to understand effects of every potion)
    5) WA with area debuffs + artefact proc. It have 1 min cd so if you see hard pack and its not on CD you can count on it.
    6) with invise pots or abilities you can skip some packs. Especially big insect before rexxar. Cos otherwise you have to burn you cds most likely. And came to boss "empty".

I did orgri+5 w/o hunting pots (got only 2 +100 sanity). And ate only 3 kebabs. 472gear fire mage. And still have 2 orbs. I did it with several mistakes and still success. So...I think mechagon immortal still harder. Cos last boss do not give you any chance to fix you mistake.
    Honestly I had no problem with solo 5 masking org... got it weeeeks ago but I still cant clear SW just because of how unfamiliar I am with the layout. After weeks you get used to the extra punishing mechanics but I still get lost and lose a lot of time.. I am thinking about making an ally and run around in SW for a day to get my route down before I attempt it again later in the week

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Honestly I had no problem with solo 5 masking org... got it weeeeks ago but I still cant clear SW just because of how unfamiliar I am with the layout. After weeks you get used to the extra punishing mechanics but I still get lost and lose a lot of time.. I am thinking about making an ally and run around in SW for a day to get my route down before I attempt it again later in the week
    Which route are you doing? I am going Mage > Trade > Old Town > Dwarf. Works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hmm I got Dwarf, Old Town, portal to Cathedral, Trade, Mage Tower. Normally I enter Mage Tower with full sanity and all three orbs (courtesy of the toy gnome and some kebabs)
    I port to Cathedral at the end of Mage and Dwarf. I use all orbs but no K'babs. When I finally did it today (cloak R14), I still had emergency too I think. Was really unlucky with potions as well. There's defintly some margin for error but a mistake on Old Town boss or Alleria really screws me as Enhanc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Which route are you doing? I am going Mage > Trade > Old Town > Dwarf. Works pretty well.
    Its not the specific route I have a problem with but getting to objectives in umbric area mostly and finding one of the elite guy in the other one. I keep going around in circles.

Now that i have done it i do honestly feel that getting the Mad World achievement is roughly the same level of difficulty as getting the Mage tower challenges.
    Some classes are better than others, some players can get it early, but if you know how to play your class and you have good gear then it becomes fairly easy.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Soloed on my discipline priest.

was not as easy as people make it out to be. it is probably miles easier on DH than anything else, to a point that if you are a DH it is nearly guaranteed you either already have it or will get it for free, but for other classes it might be hard.

I had cape 14, consumable and drums. I finished SW without ress proc, without any orb and halfway through my sanity bar.
    To put it in contrast, I 5-masked org at cape 13 with 2 orbs and proc left, no consumables or drums.

Edit: Another thing, you need to know what abilities the mobs at both lost zones have, especially since as a disc you dont have interrupts for the SI7 Informants, oh and also do not stare into the eyes at matthias' fight
    Last edited by Nuba; 2020-03-19 at 10:54 AM.