Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yeah going with that logic everything is farming.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I was comparing it with legendaries. They wre introduced in 8.2 not in last patch. 8.3 legendaries were irrelevant as you already had all of them, damage has been already done. Essences are 100% deterministic acquisition.
    Yes. Some things requires more farming, but Wow is a farming game anyway. It is just some activities are more fun to farm than others. Most activities to get essences are not fun (isles, pvp, old raid, etc...), especially when you have done them on your main.
    Last edited by Specialka; 2020-03-11 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Yes. Some things requires more farming, but Wow is a farming game anyway. It is just some activities are more fun to farm than others. Most activities to get essences are not fun (isles, pvp, old raid, etc...), especially when you have done them on your main.
    And none of the activities and sheer amount of it were fun to farm legiondaries. The only thing that made me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Yeh, you dont know what youre talking about.
    100% know what I'm talking about. Sitting AFK in Dalaran jumping around isn't playing the game. Doing Dailies, Emissaries, M+, Raids, etc. If you that every day and only got one in 3 months, you're lying. As other posters have also called you out on.

I know people who only did one M+ a week and Emissaries every day, and would still get 1 lego a month. So, keep up the lies. I'm sure it's working well for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Was the same in my guild. And that's what I have heard from other guilds too that I interact with and have friends/old guildies in. People saying they get one legendary in 3 months are flat out lying or did 1 emissary a week and then idling in Dalaran complaining about why they don't get legendaries. Seeing so many misconceptions on how BLP worked and what the best content to do to get legendaries in Legion that doesn't really surprise me.

- - - Updated - - -

Tier sets -> azerite gear
    Artifact weapon -> neck + essences
    Legiondaries -> Corrupted

Fixed that for you. It's nice having personal opinions and all that, but at least be honest. To compared Legendaries to Essences isn't only wrong, it's also make zero sense seeing we have corruption that works the same as legendaries. How can you even compare Artifact Weapon to neck only when neck does nothing but let you use "tier-sets"? Logic 101.

Both are items
    Both are behind RNG WALL as you so gently put it.
    Both got limited amount of pieces you can equip(within reasonable corruption)
    Agreed, 100%, folks here calling me a liar still though. No possible way to only get one every 3 months unless you weren't playing. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    100% know what I'm talking about. Sitting AFK in Dalaran jumping around isn't playing the game. Doing Dailies, Emissaries, M+, Raids, etc. If you that every day and only got one in 3 months, you're lying. As other posters have also called you out on.

I know people who only did one M+ a week and Emissaries every day, and would still get 1 lego a month. So, keep up the lies. I'm sure it's working well for you
    Youre wrong. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Legion had:
    -Suramar + withered scenario
    -Mage Tower
    -Class order halls + quests + mounts
    -Interesting artifact designs you can collect
    -Interesting story
    -Likable characters

BfA has nothing of that.

Legion did have legiondary issues, and the AP wasn't fun to farm, but as a casual player I couldn't care less. My first legiondaries on my main was Prydaz and Sephuz so yeah, I wasn't exactly lucky in the legiondary lottery. And while it was a bitch to get alts raid ready with AP farm it got better later in the expac.

Azerite gear and essence farm isn't fun imo. Corruption feels like it just takes all control out of the players hands and that isn't a good feeling.

Legion did ruin a lot of classes but BfA imo is worse.
    this is the best post i read. that is accurate to what blizzard is doing.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Youre wrong. Period.
    No, I'm not. No one, and I repeat, NO ONE, did the things I listed and got 1 legendary every 3 months. Bad luck protection made sure of that didn't happen to people, Blizzard even stated that the entire point was to reward players who played more, with more legendaries. So if you only got 1 in 3 months, that's because you didn't play. End of story. Keep living in the lies you tell yourself, friend. But as other posters have stated, your experience you're claiming, it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, BfA is almost exactly the same as Legion.

It's the same focus on world quests. One daily quest with bigger reward etc.

It's the same focus on M+. The same key system, and endless scaling of dungeons in a "modern" GOGOGO AoE fashion.

It's the same Raiding system. 4 difficulties. LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic.

It's the same questing system.

It's the same AP grind.

It's the same Titanforging system.

It's actually a bit BETTER system than the "no gear should matter in PvP", "100% random garbage ilvl PvP gear" PvP system we had in Legion.

To me, it seems like the only reason people liked Legion was because of the transmogs on your cool weapons. And people seem salty that BfA don't have Class sets (another transmog argument). Is it really this easy to make you enjoy an expansion? Cool transmogs = good expansion?
    Story makes the same thing a lot more palatable. In Legion each class has it's own story line and that's a strong enough vehicle to improve replayability.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And none of the activities and sheer amount of it were fun to farm legiondaries. The only thing that made me quit.
    Ah the implementation of leggos acquisition was shit obviously. At least, in SL, it looks like we can target which leggo we want. But, in early legion, rerolling was a pain equal to bfa, but after a few patch, it was far easier to reroll in Legion than in 8.3 bfa.

Legion didn't have Corruption and Azerite.

By dint of that alone it's miles above BfA.

No, I'm not. No one, and I repeat, NO ONE, did the things I listed and got 1 legendary every 3 months. Bad luck protection made sure of that didn't happen to people, Blizzard even stated that the entire point was to reward players who played more, with more legendaries. So if you only got 1 in 3 months, that's because you didn't play. End of story. Keep living in the lies you tell yourself, friend. But as other posters have stated, your experience you're claiming, it never happened.
    You realize badluck protection was broken for quite a while right?

You realize badluck protection was broken for quite a while right?
    LOL

You're the only one, in the millions of us dorks who played, who went through this. Yeah okay.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, BfA is almost exactly the same as Legion.

It's the same focus on world quests. One daily quest with bigger reward etc.

It's the same focus on M+. The same key system, and endless scaling of dungeons in a "modern" GOGOGO AoE fashion.

It's the same Raiding system. 4 difficulties. LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic.

It's the same questing system.

It's the same AP grind.

It's the same Titanforging system.

It's actually a bit BETTER system than the "no gear should matter in PvP", "100% random garbage ilvl PvP gear" PvP system we had in Legion.

To me, it seems like the only reason people liked Legion was because of the transmogs on your cool weapons. And people seem salty that BfA don't have Class sets (another transmog argument). Is it really this easy to make you enjoy an expansion? Cool transmogs = good expansion?
    World quests are boring but still preferable to dailies.

Agree with you here, m+ is garbage.

Raiding system was never the problem. It's exactly as it should be, aside from the raid finder timegate.

Questing system was never the problem.

Titanforging is still garbage, yes.

Can't talk about pvp.

Now, onto the most important point. AP grind and "Cool transmogs = good expansion?". In essence, yes. The AP grind is still the same, and it's still kinda lame, but the way it's packaged was absolutely superior in legion. Class halls were awesome. Quests for every class, armor for every class, weapons and cool transmog for every single spec. Artifacts are cool, the heart of azeroth and azerite gear is not. WoW is supposed to be an rpg, and class identity was never better than in legion. Plus, pretty much every spec was fun to play (at least on a casual level, i had alts of every class and i had a blast on every single one of them).
    The overall story also led to a more engaging world. Nobody cares about the faction war, and the way N'zoth has been handled is an insult.

Taking the artifacts away from us was a mistake. Going back from our class orders to the boring as shit faction conflict was a mistake. Both of these systems should have been expanded, not left behind. The way you package and present a system is extremely important. All class issues aside (every class feels like shit in bfa), legion and bfa aren't that different, but the presentation, and all that cool class content, makes the difference between legion being a very enjoyable expansion, and bfa being a boring, pointless shitfest.

LOL

You're the only one, in the millions of us dorks who played, who went through this. Yeah okay.
    Is that what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Ah the implementation of leggos acquisition was shit obviously. At least, in SL, it looks like we can target which leggo we want. But, in early legion, rerolling was a pain equal to bfa, but after a few patch, it was far easier to reroll in Legion than in 8.3 bfa.
    Stop with this bullshit, BfA is nowhere near as bad as legion was with all that crap AP that was simply too OP and untargettable SOFT CAPPED TO 4 legiondaries that made people roll the same class in hope of getting better luck on next char.

BfA reroll is fucking easy. Just a tad more complex than expansions like MoP/WoD. But on the other hand it is faster. If you keep up a bit more work.

15+ Year Old Account
    legion didnt have 6 different things to grind to make u stronger or acceptable to a raid grp...

also legion had a more appealing story

7+ Year Old Account
    Youre wrong. Period.
    I did this (one M+ a week and emissaries every day) for a couple of months and I always got a legendary every 3-4 weeks. So agentsi is not wrong.
    Last edited by Imag3x; 2020-03-12 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    No one cares about Twinks.
    Not really true.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Not really true.
    I just want to clarify something, by twink, do you mean Alt? Because a twink and Alt are different things.

If you are using the term twink correctly though, then I stand by my comment.
    Here is something to believe in!

I think the systems being all the same is one of the biggest reasons, actually. "World quest fatigue" was a problem even in mid-to-late Legion, it just couldn't go on without significant changes (which did happen, but were restricted to relatively small events or areas such as Mechagon while the bulk of the world quests stayed Legion-y).

Then there's the weaker flow of content. Legion had it coming in regular, predictable intervals, which BfA wasn't able to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Imag3x View Post
    I did this (one M+ a week and emissaries every day) for a couple of months and I always got a legendary every 3-4 weeks. So agentsi is not wrong.
    LOL that proves it! Thank god...