Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why are Zeppelin's still there?

There's a portal to literally every major city. I understand old content being around, it has its uses. But Zeps are just a travel method that isn't needed anymore.

Thats like giving The Flash a car or motorcycle, nobody would do that and it wouldn't make any sense.

A better question is why not? Same for boats. Why not have different ways to travel?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    A better question is why not? Same for boats. Why not have different ways to travel?
    Why use a car to commute to work? Or bus? Why not walk? Or saw off your legs and drag your legless body?

Because there are readily available, better methods of travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Why use a car to commute to work? Or bus? Why not walk? Or saw off your legs and drag your legless body?

Then use the "better methods" and leave the old ones alone. It adds nothing to the game removing boats/zeppelins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Then use the "better methods" and leave the old ones alone. It adds nothing to the game removing boats/zeppelins.
    Thats not what your initial argument was. You said Why not? So I answered. You're moving the goal post and have resigned to "just leave them be" which is what I figure your answer was gonna be to begin with but I wanted to answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that the Zeps and Ships are still in there. Even if I'm not really using them at max level, they make the in-game world feel a bit more alive, and add a sense of bustle in the faction capitals. My only gripe is that they don't move organically....the straight line, turning on a dime way they move breaks the illusion by quite a bit for me. Plus, they do get used a fair amount during the leveling experience when you aren't dungeon spamming.

Because it's a means of transport for low level players?

Thats not what your initial argument was. You said Why not? So I answered. You're moving the goal post and have resigned to "just leave them be" which is what I figure your answer was gonna be to begin with but I wanted to answer.
    People really overuse "moving the goal post" crap. You never gave a good reason for removing them, only some silly comparison between real life and a video game. You said it yourself, there are portals everywhere. What value is there in removing a feature people still use?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it’s a video game? Because not every single feature needs to have a purpose or use? Because some things are just there to enhance the world? Fuck off with your modern MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY mentality

i would rather remove portals...

guys didnt you get the memo? the only way to measure a mode of transportation efficacy is by measuring how vroom it goes

i do walk or ride a bike to work from time to time even if bus is faster

i also take a boat from time to time just so i can fly around the world

Imagine being this idiotic.

In a game which gives no real productivity, why would you do something that isn't the most efficient option?

People do take different types of transits places, friend.

Some people bike to the park, despite driving being faster.

Some people take scenic, train trips on vacation, although flying is faster.

Some people like taking Flight Points, although flying on your mount is faster.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kookster View Post
    i would rather remove portals...
    No thanks, waiting around for the Zeppelin in classic is ass.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Well, low lvl can't just fly, they probably prefer a boat to booty bay, rather than walking from somewhere to quest in STV

Portals are there for gameplay purposes only and generally for higher level characters, boats/zeppelins are useful for low level characters/alts while also making the world feel more alive just by being around even if they aren't as used and it should remain that way.

There's a portal to literally every major city. I understand old content being around, it has its uses. But Zeps are just a travel method that isn't needed anymore.

Thats like giving The Flash a car or motorcycle, nobody would do that and it wouldn't make any sense.
    I think it's because we, as characters, are amongs the elite of the elite. To us, portals are abundant but for a common peasant I do think portals are very, very, very rare. They'll have to use the good ol' zeps.

I also imagine the service required to keep stationary portals online is quite expensive.

We're like those having the most advance and new tech money can buy, it'll eventually come to the general public but it can take years.

So, in my opinion it do make sense, in some way.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I prefer to take my car to work but my neighbor rides his bicycle and I've even seen people walk or take the bus. It's really crazy but people prefer different things, I thought about being upset at them for not preferring the same thing as me but then I realized how silly and childish that would be.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're moving the goal post
    He isn't moving the goal post. As he said, there's no need to remove the old methods at all - they don't hurt you, and some players like to use it sometimes.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    why would you remove them? lowbies still use them, they are a fast way to get to Booty Bay for Horde (for example) I am sure there are others