Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    ah, somehow i got obesity and heart disease mixed up.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...lications.html
    Yea, you can have heart disease without obesity and obesity without heart disease

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    We have a good idea. It'll get much worse before it gets better, especially in the US, and this ain't going anywhere by June.
    Eh, it could, three months is a long time in the virus world.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    There is benefit in virtue signaling, at least in their eyes. Chances of someone contracting coronavirus at E3 and dying? Virtually nil, unless they start carting in elderly and people with compromised immune systems. I'd be more concerned about catching a cold or the flu at E3. Chances of someone dying in a car crash on the way to E3 are vastly higher than catching the coronavirus at E3, let alone dying, yet we don't see them potentially shutting down E3 because of the risk of car crashes.
    This is complete and utter fucking nonsense. This is going to financially crush the ESA if they have to eat all these costs with nothing to show. They don't "benefit" in any way beyond protecting those that would attend the event. And in all reality, many of the big publishers would be pulling out anyways so there'd be little reason to host it when it would functionally be a ghost town.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Sadly, most things that are highly visible and publicized as deadly/dangerous are actually very minor compared to many other threats that are more likely to occur across a broader spectrum of people. E3 being cancelled (and the rash of other similar actions occurring around the US) have nothing to do with actual public safety and everything to do with virtue signaling.
    Again, this is utter fucking nonsense and you will not find a single medical professional who will support such absurd conclusions. This is about limiting the spread of a virus that's 20x as dangerous as the flu for young folks, and around 8000x more dangerous for older folks than the flu.

It's not so much about worrying about the attendees specifically, though that's a concern. It's about limiting huge public events with people traveling from all over the world.

It's the same reason some big cities have declared states of emergency and canceled big public events altogether.

This is taking the virus seriously. Which we should be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I kinda get why are they doing it, but then again, i don't think many people in high risk groups would attend.
    the problem isn't us young/middle age ppl, i have zero worry that i die from corona (not sure that is good or bad when u live in the WORST country on earth...), the problem is even if it won't kill u it will use u for 2 whole weeks without ur knowledge to spread to as many other victims as possible, and it is one of easiest to spread virus, even easier than common cold which is supposed to be easiest virus to spread ever
    And in those 2 weeks at least 1 elder or kid will take it from u and may die

The most ironic part i love about this story is the studies done on corrupted blood plague in wow during ZG and how lot of ppl dismissed it as 'unrealistic' since it is just a 'videogame' and no way humans will behave like that (spread the virus intentionally knowing that it may kill), only to exact same behavior happen irl when corona showed up, but no one dare to point to ZG incident that warned us about human nature pure evil
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Eh, it could, three months is a long time in the virus world.
    Yep. In 3 months it went from a virus primarily affecting China exclusively to increasing outbreaks in other countries and Italy functionally shutting down.

And every medical professional is in agreement: It will get worse before it gets better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't Obese people and Diabetics at high risk though? not saying everyone but I'm sure its more than a handful of guests.
    anyone who has a slightly weak kidney is in problem, since it kills u by kidney failure (how not sure, maybe overheat it?)
    of course diabetics and obese abuse their kidneys since ages, payback time b8tch
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    anyone who has a slightly weak kidney is in problem, since it kills u by kidney failure (how not sure, maybe overheat it?)
    of course diabetics and obese abuse their kidneys since ages, payback time b8tch
    Yeah thanks for making fun of my genetic disease that I had no say in getting. I'm sure I'll enjoy the payback for my chronic, inherited condition.
    Think before you post man.

That's kind of mean towards diabetics. Many didn't ask for the disease or do anything to cause it. My father got it and he was fit as fiddle, didn't consume vast amounts of sugar, etc. He's even baffled the doctors because it's not really type one OR type two, it's like 1.5.

But yea, lets say "paybacks a bitch" to all those people born with type 1 who don't get a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    People are vastly underestimating this virus, and behaving as if they won't be affected. As someone with elderly and sickly loved ones, I am very glad that the authorities are taking it seriously. Well, with a few exceptions...

You can go 2 weeks without symptoms, spreading the virus. That's a LOT of potential spread. In fact, watch the movie Contagion. :3
    Last time I heard it's a possibility you can spread during incubation, although there are just a few reported cases of such. Vast majority seems to be from people who show symptoms even if they are mild.

"The main way the disease spreads is through respiratory droplets expelled by someone who is coughing. The risk of catching COVID-19 from someone with no symptoms at all is very low. However, many people with COVID-19 experience only mild symptoms. This is particularly true at the early stages of the disease. It is therefore possible to catch COVID-19 from someone who has, for example, just a mild cough and does not feel ill. WHO is assessing ongoing research on the period of transmission of COVID-19 and will continue to share updated findings."

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-de...-coronaviruses
    Error 404 - Signature not found

the right move
    ppl are really underestimating this virus even with all shit going on, because it has only 2% death rate, ignoring that it has the worst spread of a virus in modern history
    2% is quite high if you consider that people like the German head of state are estimating that up to 70% of their population will be infected by the coronavirus.
    >Horde avatar
    >happy to see people die
    Seems about right.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-03-11 at 06:04 PM.

Aren't Obese people and Diabetics at high risk though? not saying everyone but I'm sure its more than a handful of guests.
    Not to mention anyone with respiratory diseases like asthma or CF, also people in their 30s and 40s that are heavy smokers and already have weak lungs. Anyone with kidney issues... Not to mention these people likely still have loved ones in the 60+ age group they visit. Anyone who thinks you shouldn't cancel something because old people won't attend doesn't know anything about this lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-03-11 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not to mention anyone with respiratory diseases like asthma or CF, also people in their 30s and 40s that are heavy smokers and already have weak lungs. Anyone with kidney issues... Not to mention these people likely still have loved ones in the 60+ age group they visit. Anyone who thinks you shouldn't cancel something because old people won't attend doesn't know anything about this lol.
    And it's often the ignorants that make sure it can continue spreading as it has been.

My favourite was the sow lying about where she'd been and how she felt, and ended up bringing the virus to her workplace...

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    and ended up bringing the virus to her workplace...
    In the US that's basically the only option.

10+ Year Old Account
    all those filthy unwashed 'gamers'.... *shudder* smart move to cancel It think :P

The virus is aan absolute joke and a complete power and greed move. This is all a media blowout.
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

Whatever just make video announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    In the US that's basically the only option.
    Until the US shuts shit down and gaurantees wages for workers everyone is going to work regardless of symptoms or not. Got to put food on your families plate and pay bills, most of the country lives pay check to pay check.

Unfortunately the morons calling the shots are hoping to ignore it as much as possible and hope it go's away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Until the US shuts shit down and gaurantees wages for workers everyone is going to work regardless of symptoms or not. Got to put food on your families plate and pay bills, most of the country lives pay check to pay check.

Unfortunately the morons calling the shots are hoping to ignore it as much as possible and hope it go's away.
    Shit, like I said before, I had a medically regulated job that only allowed for 7 unscheduled absences. SEVEN, and that included if you missed because you were sick, or your mom died, and being more than 5 minutes late took half a day off. And they were rolling, so god forbid you got sick at the end of last year and got this now.

This was a field that you were coming into contact with people who were weakened due to removing bodily fluids, as well as doing things like phlebotomy, and they basically forced you to come to work sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes. They have a standing 10 year contract with the LA convention center, and canceling means they lose out on massive amounts of money as they'll likely be refunding all booth purchases and will not have ticket sales.

It's not "convenient" at all. The ESA doesn't benefit from canceling in the slightest.
    He is not wrong, Sony decided not to participate last year and the attendee numbers dropped, I would imagine they expect even worse turn out this year. They are cancelling the traditional convention not online part, they do benefit, this looks to me as cost cutting, nothing more.

Also, lets not forget SOPA internet censorship back in 2012 which was heavily pushed by ESA and in turn by publishers and stating loot boxes is not gambling, right...

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    He is not wrong, Sony decided not to participate last year and the attendee numbers dropped, I would imagine they expect even worse turn out this year. They are cancelling the traditional convention not online part, they do benefit, this looks to me as cost cutting, nothing more.

Also, lets not forget SOPA internet censorship back in 2012 which was heavily pushed by ESA and in turn by publishers and stating loot boxes is not gambling, right...
    They don't benefit from shit, if companies are gonna do an online show they aren't going to pay ESA for it they will simply do it on their own. ESA literally loses all the money these companies paid for booths and are gonna gain nothing in return. If you think they are gaining anything out of this situation you are crazy. Do you think they made money from MS doing a show in the MS theater or Nintendo hosting a direct on their own channels? Hell no, they only got money from MS and Nintendo having booths inside the convention and people paying for ticket prices to visit said booths.

And it's not just Nintendo and MS but Square, Sega, Activision, Ubisoft, Bamco etc all those booth fees gone and all these companies are not going to pay ESA for a show they can simply host on their own youtube and twitch channels.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-03-11 at 07:02 PM.

Good. It's the only smart way to handle this. All public assembly should be postponed until we have a better grip on the situation.