Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Do You Want An Essence System In Shadowlands If....

For me the essence system was a genius way to get me to play parts of the game I normally wouldn't be that interested in, and I actually found love for things like PVP a little more than I thought I would.

That being said, would you approve an "essence-like" system to be introduced in Shadowlands IF it was account bound? Or do you think they should do away with it completely, and just give us the spells?

No, just get rid of it plz ktx. If they want something like it then purely cosmetic would work.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sure I guess. I don’t hate the system outside of it not being account wide. Would be nice to progress my alts on my main too.

Sadly though essences are replaced with the stupid covenant abilities that’ll fuck over anyone who picks the wrong one.

Yeah I'm fine with it if it's account bound.

It's actually kind of interesting choosing the proper essences for different situations. I think this is a bigger thing in arenas where you might want extra healing throughput or extra damage or more mana regen or something like that, but even in m+ choosing between AoE and single target essences is at least a choice each group can make.

Even though some of them are really grindy/annoying, like I will never get Worldvein, I don't even have rank 1 on any of my characters, I still think the overall idea is pretty solid. It's just massively flawed that it forces you to do the same content grinds over and over on alts, because no other system has ever done that before and it makes no they weren't account bound to start with.

Yes. I really like essences. They are fun and actually change how you play.

The only grievance i have right now is, that they basically destroy playing alts and twinks if you have not unlimited time to grind the shit out of the same things over and over again

Not in the slightest unless they make it purely skill based rather then grind and time gated. That said I will take the orginal and superior essences system. They are called glyphs.

Essences are just talents points with additional steps.

While the old talent trees were full of filler and cruft (shit like 1% crit), the new ones are too simplistic to offer meaningful choices. We need a middle ground.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want the completed classes with only progression being the gear and cosmetic upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by roberts282 View Post
    For me the essence system was a genius way to get me to play parts of the game I normally wouldn't be that interested in, and I actually found love for things like PVP a little more than I thought I would.

That being said, would you approve an "essence-like" system to be introduced in Shadowlands IF it was account bound? Or do you think they should do away with it completely, and just give us the spells?
    I don’t mind essences but don’t make me pvp if I don’t like that play style or do t make me pve if I don’t like it. Also let my alts gain access to whatever I unlocked on my main if it’s there. The essence system is not bad but the implementation is. It feels like I’m locked into a character and I don’t like it . I usually have all max level characters at the end of the expansion with decent gear on alts. This expansion I have max levels but only one alt that can keep up with my main.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I just want the completed classes with only progression being the gear and cosmetic upgrades.
    This, but without the cosmetics since I don't care about that.

5+ Year Old Account
    No more essence BS please. They were a much required bandaid to BfA's horrible gameplay, but they were just that - a bandaid. And they've become the main factor for BfA's alt-unfriendliness (along with the cloak grind), it is almost as bad as early Legion in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

No thanks for being forced to pvp to get BIS essence for pve. They can fuck off right there.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roberts282 View Post

I enjoyed unlocking them once. But I never re-unlocked them on alts because that's an objectively ridiculous thing to ask of your players.

Yes I know what objectively means, that's why I used it there.

Character power will never be account wide.
    Essences or any equivalent will never be account wide.

No. Give me my class and all it's major tools right from the start. I won't play the game for months with a broken class, just to make it even functioning. And essences are mostly lame anyway. Many of them are not class specific and therefore boil down to "press this butten every X seconds to get a damage boost". In BfA their goal was spec-identity but then they gave all specs the same essences and loaded like 30% of all damage done in Essences/Procs/Corruption, etc. Makes little difference which class you play, if your use the same abilites as other classes anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont really care right now that it isnt account wide, i do like the systems tho that get peoples feet wet in systems they wouldnt usually go.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Character power will never be account wide.
    Essences or any equivalent will never be account wide.
    Then they should abandon it in the next x-pack!

Sounds good to me. Essences were great.

To anyone complaining it being account bound would be too good, BiS essences were rarely shared across alts in my experience. Good for one isn't good for another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorrow View Post
    Then they should abandon it in the next x-pack!
    you were under the impression that the heart was gonna make it to shadowlands? PepeLaugh