Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Because Blizzard is a “let’s complicate simple things” office.

Why a new currency? Go to vendor X, say “hello I’m an alt”, buy the essence you want (and can), gg.
    Obviously to keep us grinding and staying subbed, would love to see stats if their decisions lately is actually working instead of driving people away.

This forum isn't much help in that case since it's not a representation of the average WoW player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Wowhead says that it will eliminate us having to grind out ranks 1 and 2.

The confusion comes from the fact that you can't purchase rank 3 without already having learned 1 and 2. So we wouldnt know if it's usable without ranks 1 and 2.
    liekly these versions of the tirm literally just automaticly give you rank 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    But you know mate that's no true... They were asked like million times about account-wide essences. It's obvious that they want to prolong the game because of the people who play alts.
    "Blizz didnt listen to feedback on classic, millions of people asked and they just wanna prolong the game"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    stop acting like you don't know essences system is locked behind a quest chain. this isn't gear appearances we're talking about, or BOAs.

this is like saying, well since i unlocked world quests that all my other toons are good to go.... They are, but I still have to do one thing to unlock them on my alts. If I don't do that, it's not unlocked.
    you are comparing apples to oranges my boy , and it's pretty single Alt character B unlocked the essence system receive all essence from Main character A it's not that hard and they already did something similiar with the legendary essence

but at the end of the day who cares , this expansion was a shitshow from beginning to end, this is just another grain of sand in the desert called BFA
    Last edited by Miross; 2020-03-13 at 06:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I don't care about appealing to you fanboys anymore.

I. hope. They. All. Lose. Their. Jobs. They are simply not capable of redemption.

- - - Updated - - -

Patch 8.2 comes out: No account wide essences, which people have been asking for since PTR.

Almost an entire year later: LOOK GUYS THEY LISTENED! WHY AREN'T YOU ENTITLED GAMERS EVER HAPPY GOSH?!

Holy shit imagine being in this bubble. Again, beyond redemption. I'm going all in on WoW team hate. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't I bet you will be right here defending it.

"Wow who cares that you have to get rank 1 and 2, they listened! YOU'RE ALL SO ENTITLED!!! WAHHH!"
    1. wow, and i remember when you were mad at blizz when they fired people, now you want them to fire more? such a hypocrit.
    2. that wasnt really a thing on the PTR, people wernt really asking for account wide essences till 8.3, because of the content no longer being current.
    3. 8 months is not "almost a year" its two thirds, two thirds is not "almost"
    4. imagine being in a bubble? lol you my dude, are the one in a bubble.
    5. you dont have to get rank 1 and 2, you will just right away get rank 3 as listed in the post. grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Nice change, after >1year.

Inb4 "omg, people are never satisfied with blizzard changes! waaah waah! reee!!11one"

Yes. It's a nice change, but people wanted that since BFA launch. It's too late now.
    Come on eazy you are better then this, you serious?
    "People have been asking for a thing added in 8.2, to be account wide since 8.0"
    Come on man, how did you not even notice it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

This isn't account wide essences as far as I'm concerned. It's just another "corrupt-a-wish".

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    Lets see how we acquire the new currency first and how often. Instead of making the ui account wide like mounts and shit, they just had to bring in yet another grind.
    Well, according to the front page, it says you can acquire the "currency" from
    • Horrific Visions;
    • Assaults;
    • Raid bosses;
    • M+ dungeons;
    • Season 4 PvP;

So, going by the wording of the post, I'm assuming:
    • There's no limit to how much you can get from doing Horrific Visions;
    • 3 assaults per week, each one giving some currency;
    • "Raid bosses" implies each boss drops some currency, not just the last boss;
    • "M+ dungeons" implies each and every M+ dungeon completed (I'm assuming on time) gives currency. I'm also assuming the M+ chest at the end of the week also grants some.
    • I don't PvP so I cannot comment on that part

Going by that alone, I think there's more than enough ways to get the currency quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    LOL they didn't "listen to feedback". Their fucking precious player metrics are totally in the shitter and they probably had a ton of feedback on this.

No more flying ever lasted 2 weeks with backlash. No account wide essences lasted longer.

Hazzikostas must be shitting his pants and they will never ever ever call this account wide essences. It is something new and exciting they invented to punish players for daring to want what they didn't to give.

There will be some passive aggressive bullshit in the system. You can count on it. When players win, they find a way to slip some backhanded bullshit in to get back at them.
    I would only counter by noting, they are listening to feedback, it's just not the feedback we would hope. I suspect the only feedback they listen to is the feedback players give them during the exit survey when Blizzard asks, "why are you dropping your sub".

For the forums feedback, I suspect their typical internal response is "they say they want this, but they really don't", while their external response is, "we are listening...see we have CommMgrs who talk to you".

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    True true true

Farming AP, farming for potions and flasks, raiding 9 hours a week, getting corrupted items, doing M+, getting gear, getting cloak levels.

yOu wAnT tHiNgS hAnDeD tOu yOu
    You're obviously confused. This post is about essences. This post is not about ap (75 neck is insanely easy to get now), potions or flasks (which dont require farming herbs), raids (I'll admit I may be lost on this one as just getting gear isnt the reason I raid), corrupted items (which already had sources and now will have even more guaranteed sources since people didnt want to farm corrupted gear), keys, or cloak levels.

I realize this probably falls on deaf ears, but you could at least make an attempt to stay on topic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Too late in my opinion. I have 0 interest in resubbing just for this lol.

It truly is shocking how tone-deaf they have been all this expansion. In my opinion it's too little too late. The corruption system was just the cherry on top lol

Essences are account wide!!! Buuut... Your alts gotta get the Cloak, get better geared, and farm titanic research to run the visions to gather a currency to buy the essences one at a time... But hey! They are account wide!!! lol.... A swing and a miss blizz

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Essences are account wide!!! Buuut... Your alts gotta get the Cloak, get better geared, and farm titanic research to run the visions to gather a currency to buy the essences one at a time... But hey! They are account wide!!! lol.... A swing and a miss blizz
    Pretty much this. It's late in the expansion and even the raid finder warriors have completed the final boss - now isn't the time to try and pad your user engagement metrics with busywork.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    "directly" HAHAHAHAHA funny

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Just do it

Hippity Hoppity, account wide essences should be our property

I made a post 3 weeks ago when my sub ran out and they were starting to make changes to the vision currency and increasing rewards etc. I said then "good try blizzard but I'm not resubbing, maybe when you add account wide essence". I expected them to stretch this out a bit until maybe MAY or summer when they finally added account wide essence. I guess their subs must be way down for it this soon. The problem now is at the 3 week mark I have no urge to play wow again, maybe 9.0 but beside that my gaming identity for wow has actually died when I unsubbed/uninstalled this last time. BFA and the direction of the wow game managed to kill my gaming identity as a whole because it was my main game I played since 2006. Now I only play single player normie games. Maybe an hour of dbz kakarot or witcher 3 and feel satisfied and thats maybe 3x a week not everyday. Before I had to play 4-6hrs+ of wow to feel satisfied each day. Too late blizzard, I have no care to play now. I'll gladly participate in forums and read wow news because I can still be involved in the lore and game without actually having to play or pay for it .

I just don't get how anyone who wanted account wide essences can be happy about this.

It's not account wide essences.

It's account wide "alternative grind for essences".

Either way the core issue with essences is still there... you still have to grind them out on each and every alt. The only difference now will be what you're grinding for to get them. You still aren't going to be able to jump into endgame stuff with an alt who doesn't have essences when this hits. You're going to have to grind out those essences on each alt.

This change also does nothing for you if your alt needs a specific essence to be viable that your main has not gotten to rank 3 (because your main didn't need that essence).
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-03-13 at 11:07 PM.

Man, people can't be happy about anything here. >.<

My first thought here was "WOO!" and I'm maintaining it, to hell with the grumpy gus brigade here. My alts are cheering in unanimous chorus.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Man, people can't be happy about anything here. >.<

My first thought here was "WOO!" and I'm maintaining it, to hell with the grumpy gus brigade here. My alts are cheering in unanimous chorus.
    I just don't understand why you're cheering.

Nothing has changed except what you have to grind on those alts to get their rank 3 essences. You still have to grind something on each alt. So you could have unlocked those essences already if you were willing to grind for them on each alt. And your alts only get that alternative grind option for essences you've gotten to rank 3 already on your main.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I just don't understand why you're cheering.

Nothing has changed except what you have to grind on those alts to get their rank 3 essences. You still have to grind something on each alt. So you could have unlocked those essences already if you were willing to grind for them on each alt. And your alts only get that alternative grind option for essences you've gotten to rank 3 already on your main.
    Because most of the "grind" are things I do anyway, like M+ or horrific visions to catch up alt's capes?

We haven't even seen how exactly the formula works. It might be a joke to get enough to buy a rank 3 even.