Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Psssst... the whole thing is fictional.
    That was a very relevant observation, thank you.

  2. #22
    We will off the Jailor (probably with the help of Aman'thul), Sylvanas will swoop in and take his mojo, gobble it up and become the new super-ultra-mega-deity of death, potentially kill/absorb the Arbiter, and boot us out of the shadowlands. This was obviously her plan all along, even back when Arthas stabbed her the first time after her mid-riff free power slide into the arms of a deathknight. Danu.. I mean Nathanaos will probably sprout wings and will be the most fabulous of her pets and the only being in the shadowlands with even 1/10th of her power. Bwonsamdi will sing us a rapp-medley and afterwards lament that his workload just doubled.

    Edit: As for the after effects, a tabula rasa via timeskip is by far my favorite. I want them to go all out with the world and the setting in 10.0.
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2020-03-20 at 11:13 PM.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Edit: As for the after effects, a tabula rasa via timeskip is by far my favorite. I want them to go all out with the world and the setting in 10.0.
    You know what's funny? I would like to go back to "lesser evils". We're fighting Titans, we're fighting Old Gods, we're fighting Death itself... I'm sick and tired of it.

    I am playing Classic at the moment and it's so refreshing when the Defias that kidnapped the king and work for Onyxia or when you battle dwarfs that work for Ragnaros. That's why I really like the Awakenings "leak". It's back to basics.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  4. #24
    Dreadlord Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Bwonsamdi will sing us a rapp-medley and afterwards lament that his workload just doubled.
    Nah, he's more of a Reggae guy/troll to me. I guess he could do a Reggae/Rap mix though?

    Bwonsamdi is my future husband <3

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You know what's funny? I would like to go back to "lesser evils". We're fighting Titans, we're fighting Old Gods, we're fighting Death itself... I'm sick and tired of it.

    I am playing Classic at the moment and it's so refreshing when the Defias that kidnapped the king and work for Onyxia or when you battle dwarfs that work for Ragnaros. That's why I really like the Awakenings "leak". It's back to basics.
    Ragnaros is a lesser evil? C'Thun? Kel'thuzad and the Scourge?

  6. #26
    I am Murloc! Varodoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    5,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You know what's funny? I would like to go back to "lesser evils". We're fighting Titans, we're fighting Old Gods, we're fighting Death itself... I'm sick and tired of it.

    I am playing Classic at the moment and it's so refreshing when the Defias that kidnapped the king and work for Onyxia or when you battle dwarfs that work for Ragnaros. That's why I really like the Awakenings "leak". It's back to basics.
    Well I mean Classic wasn't that different... Nefarian and Kel'thuzad were somewhat grounded villains, but Ragnaros was a demi-god and C'Thun was a god. It's doubtful that they'll ever change that formula.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    Basically anything is left. See below the full list of WoW expansions, with the ones that were made up on the spot bolded.

    World of Warcraft (2004)
    Burning Crusade (2007)
    Wrath of the Lich King (2008)
    Cataclysm (2010)
    Mists of Pandaria (2012)
    Warlords of Draenor (2014)
    Legion (2016)
    Battle for Azeroth (2018)
    Shadowlands (2020)

    It's half of them. BfA could be bolded too, with the crazy retcon of enlarging two islands into continents, but let's skip this for the sake of argument
    I would think that only warlords was made up on the spot. Everything else had set lore from Warcraft 3 so I'm not sure how you can say they made that up on the spot.

    The only reason they made warlords was just to get guldan back basically.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Ragnaros is a lesser evil? C'Thun? Kel'thuzad and the Scourge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Well I mean Classic wasn't that different... Nefarian and Kel'thuzad were somewhat grounded villains, but Ragnaros was a demi-god and C'Thun was a god. It's doubtful that they'll ever change that formula.
    Compared to Old Gods and even Titans, yes. Arthas and Deathwing for sure were major evils but Classic started... slowly and then became "dramatic". C'Thun was the "strongest" enemy in Classic we've fought but it took us years of Classic to get there.

    What are we doing since WoD? Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, N'zoth. And in Shadowlands even a bigger foe. I think we can tone it down a bit because it's hard to always top the last evil we've fought.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  9. #29
    Sylvanas will suffer some sort of climactic karmic retribution, that's about all I can say for certain at this point.

    What I want is, by the power of afterlife magic, every single individual person she's wronged to be able to line up and kill her. I doubt that'll happen, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  10. #30
    We may end up coming back to Azeroth with the Scourge having washed over the world and killed everyone and everything. Because, y'know... the Helm is destroyed...

  11. #31
    I still want a proper dragon xpac

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Sylvanas proclaiming Shadowlands is free?
    and she will be there if we need her.

  13. #33
    I am Murloc! Varodoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    5,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Compared to Old Gods and even Titans, yes. Arthas and Deathwing for sure were major evils but Classic started... slowly and then became "dramatic". C'Thun was the "strongest" enemy in Classic we've fought but it took us years of Classic to get there.

    What are we doing since WoD? Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, N'zoth. And in Shadowlands even a bigger foe. I think we can tone it down a bit because it's hard to always top the last evil we've fought.
    So what BfA did? Because we went from a titan who is universal level, to a fat pirate and a titan experiment gone wrong... In fact I saw several people complaining about the tone shift between Legion and BfA.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You know what's funny? I would like to go back to "lesser evils". We're fighting Titans, we're fighting Old Gods, we're fighting Death itself... I'm sick and tired of it.

    I am playing Classic at the moment and it's so refreshing when the Defias that kidnapped the king and work for Onyxia or when you battle dwarfs that work for Ragnaros. That's why I really like the Awakenings "leak". It's back to basics.
    Ah my "all out" was more ment in a way that I want them to change up the stories, the actors, the settings etc. Going back to some more mortal conflicts would indeed be kinda nice, though usually that means for Blizzard that we sift through shit because that is suppsedly funny. So I'm not sure they can pull that off.. in fact I'm pretty sure they can't.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Probably something that involves the Light or the Void. Blizzard said they're interested in Light and Void expansion, and that seems the natural destination after Shadowlands. What's left when Sylvanas and the Jailer are defeated?

    We have Yrel and the Lightbound. We have Xal'atath. The whispers in Alleria worsened after N'Zoth's defeat, with new voices joining the chorus. Blizzard tells us to be careful about N'Zoth "death" (hint hint). The Void claims that the Light made a deal with the enemy of all (Death). The elements are all there. It's a matter of how at this point, not if.
    I would love to see something like this break the "Good expansion, bad expansion" loop we've been in since WOTLK started it by being so good it made Cataclysm look bad.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Probably something that involves the Light or the Void. Blizzard said they're interested in Light and Void expansion, and that seems the natural destination after Shadowlands. What's left when Sylvanas and the Jailer are defeated?

    We have Yrel and the Lightbound. We have Xal'atath. The whispers in Alleria worsened after N'Zoth's defeat, with new voices joining the chorus. Blizzard tells us to be careful about N'Zoth "death" (hint hint). The Void claims that the Light made a deal with the enemy of all (Death). The elements are all there. It's a matter of how at this point, not if.
    Source about blizz saying they want void light expansion?

    I would like to see where xal atath, but honestly I think most of the things you said are gonna be in this expansion as in patches. Much as everyone thought argus, Azshara or N zoth would be its own expansion.

    Alleria if it all will be a single scenria or quest, but most likely not much.

  17. #37
    I am Murloc! Varodoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    5,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I would love to see something like this break the "Good expansion, bad expansion" loop we've been in since WOTLK started it by being so good it made Cataclysm look bad.
    10.0 will probably be bigger than Shadowlands and perhaps one of the biggest expansions in the game.

    I mean, it's 10.0. It's a milestone for the game, so I expect Blizzard to go all out. It could be Legion 2.0. An expansion about Light and Void, just like an expansion about the Burning Legion, sounds like "endgame material". Whereas expansions like Warlords, Battle for Azeroth, and Shadowlands have the potential to be good.... but let's be real, the premise doesn't make them nearly as grand in scope as Legion or a Light and Void expansion.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  18. #38
    We defeat deathgod-empowered Sylvanas and capture her, a couple of powerful spirits of the Shadowlands start a trial against her crimes but then a dragon comes and rescues her.

  19. #39
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,218
    The Jailer goes pop, Sylvanas turns to the camera, hand in hand with her new beloved, Tyrande. “Now. We are all. Free.”.

    The Night Elf soul army gathered below cheer in rapturous applause as the scene shifts to Sylvanas and Tyrande jointly cut the ribbon. Officially declaring the Shadowlands as the new Kaldorei homeland for all races. Nathanos and Sira are now also in love and they become the first citizens of this new utopia.

  20. #40
    Mechagnome Seiklis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    706
    Time skip...walk back through the portal to Azeroth only to find that 10 years passed with us getting stuck in SL (Believe at some point, at least canonically, we'll be trapped in the Shadowlands where time moves much slowly)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •