Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    None of them will suffer any meaningful consequences.
    Well I think that is fairly obvious. Their bank accounts are obviously big enough to not land charges in the USA. Now if I had been a janitor sanitizing the desks during the non-secret briefing and sold my 10 shares grandma left me when she passed for a mere 400 bucks it would be hands behind the back at gun point to the prison.

Which is more the point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Why the hell did none of the people that are part of the gang eight, including Schiff, Nunes, Burr, Warner, Pelosi, McCarthy, McConnell, Schumer, say a damned thing about how serious the situation was when they were being told by American intelligence in January?!
    Because the Trump administration gave it the highest classification.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    they "arrested" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    No, I'm saying there were trillions of dollars of stocks sold by probably tens of thousands of people because of corona and stocks being way too overvalued within last few weeks, which all were public knowledge. Even my mom who has no knowledge in trading when I told her stocks are rising last month told me in a phone call to sell my little owned stocks, I didn't since I have full-time job and would be taxed heavily, so I'm in for long term like 20+ years. I'm not trying to defend anyone I'm just saying the case here isn't strong enough.
    well the case has not even been investigated yet...lol..as far as we know.

BTW you could have flipped your investment over into something safer like treasuries and forgo the tax.....since you didn't have any capital gains because you just moved it to another investment.

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    No, I'm saying there were trillions of dollars of stocks sold by probably tens of thousands of people because of corona and stocks being way too overvalued within last few weeks, which all were public knowledge. Even my mom who has no knowledge in trading when I told her stocks are rising last month told me in a phone call to sell my little owned stocks, I didn't since I have full-time job and would be taxed heavily, so I'm in for long term like 20+ years. I'm not trying to defend anyone I'm just saying the case here isn't strong enough.
    Yeah, no, this is bullshit, he was in on a classified meeting, blabbed to his rich donors, then sold his stocks. He should be fucked, but I am guessing the Barr DoJ will not prosecute.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    At least their was bipartisanship corruption. Wait, I see on the first page people already making excuses Feinstein.

(People in my party can do no wrong) FML
    Not excuses but clarification on when her stock sales happened and the results. Hard to really influence trades in a blind trust, but they should investigate her husband.

Her trades do not fit the pattern, but should still be investigated.

Her party is also calling for her to be investigated including their leader Chucky...
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

At least their was bipartisanship corruption. Wait, I see on the first page people already making excuses Feinstein.

(People in my party can do no wrong) FML
    There is evidence that she sold low, which if she was doing something corrupt she would have sold high. But she sold low, and bought other stock. Something the other morons didn't. They aren't making excuses for her, but it doesn't look the same as Burr or Loeffler or the others.

Did she know about the seriousness of the Covid-19 threat ahead of time?

Did the stocks she sold go lower or higher since the Crash?

Claiming, "She could have made more money if she sold earlier" isn't a defense.
    Stocks have gone higher since she sold. Did you read the thread? She sold stock in a biotech company, a company that would be working on drugs and whatnot for the virus.

It was $21.28 a share when she sold, it was at $27.00 when this report was posted: https://www.barrons.com/articles/sen...ow-51583064907

That was the 1st of March. It is now at 19.25 after Trump's handling of the virus effecting the economy.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/richar...irus-briefing/

Seems simple enough to me if true. We'll get more information after this is investigated, but you can see why people might get the wrong idea?
    Of course, but can you see how the article combined two people, instead of singling out each Senator's actions. Can you see a reason the NYPost would do that?

- - - Updated - - -

Did she know about the seriousness of the Covid-19 threat ahead of time?

Did the stocks she sold go lower or higher since the Crash?

Claiming, "She could have made more money if she sold earlier" isn't a defense.
    She sold and they went higher. I agree we need to investigate, and march her into jail if there is wrong doing, but the facts that we know of now seem to indicate odd but non-profitable timing. I mean, she lost money.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/richar...irus-briefing/

Seems simple enough to me if true. We'll get more information after this is investigated, but you can see why people might get the wrong idea?
    She sold between $500k and 1 million, Inhofe sold more. This is why the New York Post is retarded. They are trying to equate Feinstein with morons like Inhofe and Burr and Loeffler.

Granted, that is more than misleading, but even if it was 500k that would be a huge breach in the Public Trust.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Investigate her, but from all of the public information, she isn't in the same boat as the others that are and should be well and truly fucked with the investigations.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Granted, that is more than misleading, but even if it was 500k that would be a huge breach in the Public Trust.
    Even if it was $1.00 it would be a breach of trust. But you're, as usual, ignoring the details.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. Investigate her, but from all of the public information, she isn't in the same boat as the others that are and should be well and truly fucked with the investigations.
    I would say she is exactly in the same boat right now. The boat that is sailing up Shit Creek to dock at Investigation Harbor. Now after the investigation she may not be in the same position as them, but right now she is.

Investigate all four, investigate thoroughly, and let the facts determine if her actions were appropriate or not.

Oh, and pass a law against family members running blind trusts for Senators. That is bullshit even if they didn't do anything wrong. You want a blind trust? Do with a legal firm that documents every conversation you have with them.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I would say she is exactly in the same boat right now. The boat that is sailing up Shit Creek to dock at Investigation Harbor. Now after the investigation she may not be in the same position as them, but right now she is.

Investigate all four, investigate thoroughly, and let the facts determine if her actions were appropriate or not.

Oh, and pass a law against family members running blind trusts for Senators. That is bullshit even if they didn't do anything wrong. You want a blind trust? Do with a legal firm that documents every conversation you have with them.
    Agreed. All of them should be investigated.

They should all be investigated and forced to resign. Profiting off of inside government information about a national health emergency is unacceptable. Don't give a shit what party they belong to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    They should all be investigated and forced to resign. Profiting off of inside government information about a national health emergency is unacceptable. Don't give a shit what party they belong to.
    Thing is that, last I heard, the stock that Feinsteins husband sold has actually gone UP in value since they sold it, which makes sense since it was a biotech company in the middle of a global pandemic. So they may well have lost money on it.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Thing is that, last I heard, the stock that Feinsteins husband sold has actually gone UP in value since they sold it, which makes sense since it was a biotech company in the middle of a global pandemic. So they may well have lost money on it.
    It went up after she sold it, but is down now to ~$20 (around 30% from it's peak [~$30], but maybe 5% from when she sold it [~$21]). She's worth more than 60m IIRC. It would essentially be the dumbest insider trading ever. 5% on between 1.5m & 6m (the sum of the ranges for the reporting requirements for both her and her husband) when you're worth 60m+ (just herself, not including her husband).

Edit: you can check the price history yourself. The stock's name is ALLO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

lol weird how Boeing all of a sudden in a few days....zoom.....now we find out they are one of the few companies that have their own specific bailout language in the senate deal....

hmmm, you have to wonder.....right?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    lol weird how Boeing all of a sudden in a few days....zoom.....now we find out they are one of the few companies that have their own specific bailout language in the senate deal....

hmmm, you have to wonder.....right?

Nothing weird about this, it is actually quite straightforward and clear. Individual congressmen may not have bought the stock themselves, but nothing stops them from mentioning the Boeing language to their most favored lobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Nothing weird about this, it is actually quite straightforward and clear. Individual congressmen may not have bought the stock themselves, but nothing stops them from mentioning the Boeing language to their most favored lobbyists.
    actually the law stops them....if they get caught that is.....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!