Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What would a war with the US vs China look like?

The pandemic had me wondering what a war declared between the US and China would look like. Like, to the death, only until one side surrenders. Who would have the advantage between allies and what would the outcome likely look like? Would it be a hard fight? All those questions and all.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    yup China munches USA for breakfast economically if Trump looks funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realistically? China would launch everything they had at the U.S before going down. I don’t think it’s likely a war like that would happen but if it did most of the U.S would be wiped out.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    It would look like a bunch of snide remarks back and forth, and a bunch of lawsuits and trade negotiations.

Oh look, pretty much what is happening.

Seriously, a full on War is vanishingly unlikely. It really isn't in anyone's best interests, and there isn't any motivation worth it. War on that scale really becomes possible when one side or the other gets backed into a corner.

Until one countrie develops some new kind of weapon, like something that can destroy living tissue in huge area I don't think we would see a war ( armed conflict of a huge scale) between top countries

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    The pandemic had me wondering what a war declared between the US and China would look like. Like, to the death, only until one side surrenders. Who would have the advantage between allies and what would the outcome likely look like? Would it be a hard fight? All those questions and all.
    I don't think you understand what "to the death" means.

^I think he's reaching for the term "unconditional surrender."

Really no reasons for either side to go all out balls to the wall war...

It would be a couple hours long and end with most major cities on both sides getting nuked. The Earth's environment would be permanently damaged in terms of our needs. Quality of life across the globe would permanently drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Until one countrie develops some new kind of weapon, like something that can destroy living tissue in huge area I don't think we would see a war ( armed conflict of a huge scale) between top countries
    You can see one, but it wouldn't be nation A vs nation B.

What it would look like is nation A collapses into civil war, and then nation B choosing to support one faction. So democrats and republicans enter a civil war attacking each other in the US, and then China having to step in and restore order, and they would choose the republican side.

Or maybe the UK collapsing into infighting among royals and someone having to step in and fix it

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It would be a couple hours long and end with most major cities on both sides getting nuked. The Earth's environment would be permanently damaged in terms of our needs. Quality of life across the globe would permanently drop.

- - - Updated - - -

You can see one, but it wouldn't be nation A vs nation B.

What it would look like is nation A collapses into civil war, and then nation B choosing to support one faction. So democrats and republicans enter a civil war attacking each other in the US, and then China having to step in and restore order, and they would choose the republican side.

Or maybe the UK collapsing into infighting among royals and someone having to step in and fix it

Jesus Christ even when it's a hypothetical war between another nation it still breaks down to civil war with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    ^I think he's reaching for the term "unconditional surrender."

Really no reasons for either side to go all out balls to the wall war...
    i think unleashing a biological weapon is a declaration for war, accidental or not

i think unleashing a biological weapon is a declaration for war, accidental or not
    Biological weapon? Are you one of those conspiracy theory people

There would have to be a biological weapon first.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Biological weapon? Are you one of those conspiracy theory people
    it's just common sense. The CPC is evil incarnate, would you really put it past them dabbling in bioweapons? Xi for a while was making ominous comments about Hong Kong's protests continuing and how it "wouldn't end well."

it's just common sense. The CPC is evil incarnate, would you really put it past them dabbling in bioweapons? Xi for a while was making ominous comments about Hong Kong's protests continuing and how to end it.
    What kind of biological weapon only kills 3-5% of people? you do realize the point of bio weapons is to be as lethal as possible right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    Jesus Christ even when it's a hypothetical war between another nation it still breaks down to civil war with you!
    He gets off every time he writes 'civil war' and it's actually more disturbing and sick than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    What kind of biological weapon only kills 3-5% of people? you do realize the point of bio weapons is to be as lethal as possible right?
    Corona is very lethal and, as the doctors have stated, the worst is coming and to brace ourselves. Meanwhile,

https://www.lowyinstitute.org/the-in...id-19-outbreak

It's a huge plot.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Border skirmishes near China. Neither side would actually invade the other. We wouldn't have the political moxie, and China is physically incapable. Neither side if physically capable, in the near term, of invading and conquering the other.

It could escalate to nuclear, and that would be bad for both sides, obviously.

Otherwise, mostly Navy and Air Force, with the outside chance that we'd land troops on some of China's more dubious island claims.

Don't take Tsugunai's bait...

15+ Year Old Account
    What would it look like? Very short.
    Here is something to believe in!

Intercontinental ballistic missiles destroy human life on the planet