Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/richar...irus-briefing/

Seems simple enough to me if true. We'll get more information after this is investigated, but you can see why people might get the wrong idea?
    This is bothsides-ism of the worst order. Do you think maybe people are excusing Feinstein because shocker, Facts show her situation is different? But oh no, throw her on there to because muh both sides.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Granted, that is more than misleading, but even if it was 500k that would be a huge breach in the Public Trust.
    Sure, and she should be investigated the same as the rest...no one here is saying differently. There are two mitigating factors in her case though:

1) the stock that was sold was in a biotech firm. Conventional Wisdom is that stock like that will be more likely to go up instead of down during a medical crisis. Had she held on to that stock for another few weeks before selling...she would have made a lot of money...instead of just dumping a failing stock.

2) She wasn't publicly telling people that Coronavirus was not going to be a big deal while privately telling donors to prepare for the worst. That, in my opinion, is the real breach in the Public Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    I, too, advocate for executing government officials over insider trading.
    I'm mostly sure this is said ironically, but understand, that this was done in the golden hour. Italy did not get a golden hour because of how insidiously this virus spreads during its incubation period. The US got the opportunity, we know from this situation, they were briefed, and they understood the urgency of the situation, the need to act to save American lives, and their betrayal of the American people was so complete, that not only did they neglect to take the actions that would save at least tens of thousands of American lives, they decided to spend the golden hour profiting from the coming disaster instead of preparing for it. As a lifelong opponent of capital punishment, send those fuckers to the wall.

I am willing to bet you will find most these people also put a ton of money into Boeing before the stimulus bill details got out as well.. because they are getting bailed out and no pay back or anything. It is just.. thanks.. come again..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    lol weird how Boeing all of a sudden in a few days....zoom.....now we find out they are one of the few companies that have their own specific bailout language in the senate deal....

hmmm, you have to wonder.....right?
    Not really. Trump in their pocket aside, Boeing is a pretty big company, pretty big employer, and boy has the 737 thing shafted them right up the black box.

lol weird how Boeing all of a sudden in a few days....zoom.....now we find out they are one of the few companies that have their own specific bailout language in the senate deal....

hmmm, you have to wonder.....right?
    The funny thing about the Boeing bailout.

When it was discussed that the government should get a voting share in exchange for the bailout with stipulations against buybacks and putting voting worker representatives on the board, Boeing was like -Nyeh...No thank you. We can live without it.

Like seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Not really. Trump in their pocket aside, Boeing is a pretty big company, pretty big employer, and boy has the 737 thing shafted them right up the black box.
    The 737 is another corporate fiasco where the board and shareholders got big checks, but now the losses are being socialized.

Like at least the Europeans aren't playing fake capitalism with Airbus. It's a fucking state owned company and they aren't pretending it isn't.

Boeing is a de-facto state owned company. Like its entire existence is almost completely reliant on government contracts, tax breaks, funding etc, and we pour tax payer money into it like if it was a government department, but we have no say in how it is run. Like fuck off. Stop pretending and just nationalize the fucking thing if you keep shoveling billions upon billions of our money into it. At least then we can say we own it.

The same shit all the time. Privatize the gains, socialize the losses if you are corporation/billionaire, if you aren't, go find make yourselves some bootstraps to pull yourselves up by.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-03-27 at 10:28 PM.

Justice department is investigating several members of congress for these sales.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/polit...rus/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Justice department is investigating several members of congress for these sales.
    In a related story, Barr finds no wrongdoing. Sorry I can't link the source yet, I'm sure it's like four or five days out.

In a related story, Barr finds no wrongdoing. Sorry I can't link the source yet, I'm sure it's like four or five days out.
    Sad but true.

Except for Diane Feinstein, they will look deeper into that one for years to come if he wins re-election.

hmm isn't it great a member of congress resigns from one party because of a joking picture of "almost" touching boobs....

but other party members actually violate the law several times over...and blow it off....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

damn son, someone is going to rich people jail (house arrest in her mansion probably)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-briefing.html

Republican senator Kelly Loeffler admits to millions MORE in stock sales after coronavirus briefing including ditching shares in retailers and buying into company that makes protective equipment as Justice Department launches Senate probe

Loeffler and her husband traded about $1.4 million in stocks she reveals in new accounting

The wealthy Loeffler was appointed to her seat as Republican junior senator for Georgia
    She was already under scrutiny for trades that followed a Jan. 24 Senate briefing on the coronavirus

She sold $18.7 million in International Exchange stock, of which her husband is president
    Also sold in retail stores that have been hammered by the disease outbreak
    Loeffler's husband heads the New York Stock Exchange
    Her office denies she did anything wrong and that her investment advisors made the trades

just when you think that is bad....you see.....

The power couple also sold shares in Lululemon and T.J. Maxx, two firms that, like other retailers, have been battered by stay-at-home orders by governors seeking to contain the spread of the deadly disease.

They also sold $70,000 in Ross Stores. They sold about $56,693 in Lululemon and $27,580 in the company that owns T.J. Maxx.

Sprecher also purchased more than $200,000 of stock in in chemical company DuPont de Nemours, which makes protective gear for medical professionals, although the company has been hit overall in the downturn.

Though it looks like for someone who is the head of the stock exchange did not make good moves. Maybe karma

She and her husband also purchased stocks valued at between $450,000 and $1 million, including in Citrix, a company that benefits when people are working from home.
    Loeffler and her husband's overall trades didn't pay off, however. According to the Journal, the stocks they dumped would have been worth $86,000 less if they had held them. But the stocks they purchased in March trades dropped even more, with $102,000 in losses through Monday.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

hmm isn't it great a member of congress resigns from one party because of a joking picture of "almost" touching boobs....

but other party members actually violate the law several times over...and blow it off....
    Both sides amirite?

Thing with Franken though, he was pushed out before he had an investigation into himself. He wanted it all public and the dems pushed him out. He had always been a in your personal space touchy guy even with men. It was early on into his political career that staffers pointed out that it could be considered inappropriate and they dude changed. He should still be there IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republican senator Kelly Loeffler
    Someone's career is over. Assuming she doesn't resign...er...I mean decided to spend more time with her family...then her opponent is going to have a heyday with really damaging political ads over this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    He had always been a in your personal space touchy guy even with men.
    Dude was a comedian. 'nuff said.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Would be amazing to see Georgia elect two dem senators.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn son, someone is going to rich people jail
    Damn, admission? Didn't think I'd see that outcome. They must have had the Senator dead to right wing.

So...will there be a second? I mean, they all got the same info, maybe they talked about it? Not that I'm expecting it, but if I see the headline that one Senator ratted out another Senator, then Graham's wife and I are hitting the town!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Someone's career is over. Assuming she doesn't resign...er...I mean decided to spend more time with her family...then her opponent is going to have a heyday with really damaging political ads over this.
    This is the party that only narrowly manged not to make a racist pedophile into a senator, I see a future candidate for President.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Im sorry, are you suggesting death as the punishment for this? What does the left actually believe in anymore, as your messaging is very inconsistent? Murder - no death. Financial crime - death. Im just.... wat? Are you guys just the party of subverting expectations at this point, The only moral north start being complete and utter destruction of all normalcy?

Put against a wall? What the actual fuck is going on here... where are the mods?
    What's going on here is that some people can't understand euphemisms.

But your concerning is adorable.

Damn, admission? Didn't think I'd see that outcome. They must have had the Senator dead to right wing.

So...will there be a second? I mean, they all got the same info, maybe they talked about it? Not that I'm expecting it, but if I see the headline that one Senator ratted out another Senator, then Graham's wife and I are hitting the town!
    What's really interesting is the logical conclusion: By admitting she made these sales after the briefing, she's also admitting, whatever they were told at the briefing made it look bad enough that major stock market upheaval was virtually guaranteed to happen down the road. In other words, this is again confirmation they definitely knew how bad this could get way ahead and did not do a thing.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Dude was a comedian. 'nuff said.
    True, but he was told, understood and changed. He ever should have been forced out. This al would have came out innthe ethics investigation.