Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    lol, this means that their subs must have really dropped off lately
    LOL no it doesn't. This is being done in light of the fact people are stuck at home. Why not entice them to play the game?

It's interesting that so many say this is undeniably a good thing.

What if they changed the XP boost like this permanently, would it still be a good thing?

What if it was 500% instead, still a good thing?

What if you killed 1 mob and was max lvl?

Just wondering where you draw the line.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post

What if they changed the XP boost like this permanently, would it still be a good thing?

What if this is a test to determine EXP in SL?

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    In the time it took Joana to hit level 60, you would be halfway done with 1 (ONE) Rank 2 Essence. That, quite frankly, is fucking ridiculous.
    Again, you're killing your own argument, because you're using this "Joana" who is not a representative of the average player base. And you further kill your own arguments with your next statement:

Also, please stop acting like it takes months to hit level 60 in CLASSIC WoW nowadays.
    I never, once, mentioned classic WoW, in my arguments. I expressly wrote vanilla WoW. I.e., the WoW from 15+ years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post

It's a temporary boost to give players a reason to level more alts, to get them to spent more time in the game in this time where isolation from society is a necessity to contain the spread of the virus.

They have already said the leveling 1-50 is equal to 1 expansion of content. So it is definatly faster than todays leveling indeed.

Blizzard already said they'd speed up the leveling speed by 60% in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Again, you're killing your own argument, because you're using this "Joana" who is not a representative of the average player base. And you further kill your own arguments with your next statement:

I never, once, mentioned classic WoW, in my arguments. I expressly wrote vanilla WoW. I.e., the WoW from 15+ years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a temporary boost to give players a reason to level more alts, to get them to spent more time in the game in this time where isolation from society is a necessity to contain the spread of the virus.
    It's not my fault you choose to write about a version of the game that is 15 years old vs. a version of the game that is being utilized now. I rest my case. The average CLASSIC player takes maybe 8 days to hit 60, again, in that time on retail - you'd be done with just ONE essence grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Black Desert Online had a 1000% xp boost in 2018 Now THAT says a lot about BDO... this is nothing
    Oh god that would be so amazing, even if it just lasted a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oooooooo yes! I love this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yar. A few days of quad < a month of double for sure
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Every quest I do gives like 15% of a level, if not more. This is in full heirlooms that boost XP though, mind you.
    I'mma try it on my 112 Shaman now (which I am leveling heirloom-free) and get back with the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think this has less to do with the pandemic, and more to do with trying to lure back players who quit the expansion.

We know participation in raids is way down. 2.5x as many guilds killed a boss in N/H/M Uldir than have killed a boss in N/H/M Ny'alotha.
    It's to do with the pandemic, not whatever personal conjecture people conjure up.
    Whilst it's for sure a means of encouragement, it's 100% to do with exactly what they stated. Case in point: They've never done anything like this. They could've thrown everything + the kitchen sink at us during WoD's bleed, and they didn't. The only courtesy they did, was make the Moose mount a guaranteed quest drop from Archimonde rather than its originally intended purpose as a store mount.

My local shop offered to bring groceries home to older people in our zipcode area free of charge, with no human contact. Some posts in this thread made me think just how hilarious it would be if I was stood outside the store going "Corona you say?... Nah, it's because ur struggling with customers, or u wanna make more monies"...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-20 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Why would you think they are trying to compete with totally different games?
    Why do you think people only play one game? I know I won't be touching ANYTHING other than Animal Crossing for at least the next week.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    Damn, was hoping this would be for classic as well. Really want to get my alt to 60 but have other stuff to do right now.
    The main classic players would riot if they did that.

This would be amazing if I didn't already have nearly every class leveled and didn't care about leveling my 20th Paladin or w/e

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You don't even know what my point is lol.
    I don't have to. Because your very own opening statement is a wild claim that is unfalsifiable at best, and demonstrably wrong at worst.

Nice, now I can bring myself to get that Mechagnome heritage armor for my collection, even though I don't ever intend to play one.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man i cant imagine begging people to play this game so hard. The pressure really must be on since Classic is still killing BFA numbers. They better put up nets for all the potential roof jumpers over there in Irvine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Man i cant imagine begging people to play this game so hard. The pressure really must be on since Classic is still killing BFA numbers. They better put up nets for all the potential roof jumpers over there in Irvine
    What is it with folks like you? It's always some conspiracy, some sign of doom, some cosmic correlation between classic and retail and the death of WoW. Some of ya'll are so damn bitter.

LOL @ the person who said timewalking would give 2-2.5 levels for one dungeon. Do you even play the game? With the 100% bonus I got 788k from 1 tw dungeon(Gundrak). Pretty sure you get MORE from a regular random dungeon. To clarify a level takes 800k+ 110-120.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Covid19!