Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alliance Things you can't do in WoW.

I know people get really defensive when you start messing with their distraction without consulting them first. Even if its just thoughts and ideas.
    So please, if you post here do not try to derail the thread by attacking ideas. Not having any ideas does not count as having an idea btw.

"Things you can't do in WoW"- This is meant to be thread where we post things we can't do in WoW. It does not have to be something you actually want to do. If you notice you can't do it, post it here. Also this isn't for "we can't do this, because BLizz is stupid." Its just facts. "I can't do this"=fact. "BLIZZ be stupidd"=not a fact.

-Can't do Corrupted Invasions in every zone on Azeroth.

-Can't put cosmetic armor on hunter pets.(that I'm aware of)

-Can't dress up companion pets with all the fun options that are available to perky pug.

-Can't remove corruption from gear and put it back on at a later date.

-Can't trade mementos for essences to do runs to get more mementos so you can keep doing visions. (Gear is limited to one run for that IL if you think this means people can just farm corrupted gear from visions.)

-Can't work towards getting transmogs from Visions of Nzoth.

-Can't work on getting literally hundreds of Xmog sets for whatever class you are playing.(I mean sets, not a compilation of random gear that makes something that almost looks like it matches.)

-Can't build your own ship and name it with thousands of sails to choose from and then ride around on it. (Could fish from it, keep just off the shoreline and upgrade it like Garrison inn.) I mean upgrade till it is your own personal inn.

-Can't build your own house somewhere in someplace that serves as your own personal inn.(Garrison is far too big for what I am talking about. Just the inn please.)

-Can't raid mythic with xrealm guilds from the first day of mythic release.

-Can't queue for rated battleground unless its through find a group.

-Can't add xmog on a smaller level. Such as satchels, fanny packs, bags of gold on your belt. Things like that.

-Can't change the color scheme of xmogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    I know people get really defensive when you start messing with their distraction without consulting them first. Even if its just thoughts and ideas.
    So please, if you post here do not try to derail the thread by attacking ideas. Not having any ideas does not count as having an idea btw.

"Things you can't do in WoW"- This is meant to be thread where we post things we can't do in WoW. It does not have to be something you actually want to do. If you notice you can't do it, post it here. Also this isn't for "we can't do this, because BLizz is stupid." Its just facts. "I can't do this"=fact. "BLIZZ be stupidd"=not a fact.

-Can't do Corrupted Invasions in every zone on Azeroth.

-Can't put cosmetic armor on hunter pets.(that I'm aware of)

-Can't dress up companion pets with all the fun options that are available to perky pug.

-Can't remove corruption from gear and put it back on at a later date.

-Can't trade mementos for essences to do runs to get more mementos so you can keep doing visions. (Gear is limited to one run for that IL if you think this means people can just farm corrupted gear from visions.)

-Can't work towards getting transmogs from Visions of Nzoth.

-Can't work on getting literally hundreds of Xmog sets for whatever class you are playing.(I mean sets, not a compilation of random gear that makes something that almost looks like it matches.)

-Can't build your own ship and name it with thousands of sails to choose from and then ride around on it. (Could fish from it, keep just off the shoreline and upgrade it like Garrison inn.) I mean upgrade till it is your own personal inn.

-Can't build your own house somewhere in someplace that serves as your own personal inn.(Garrison is far too big for what I am talking about. Just the inn please.)

-Can't raid mythic with xrealm guilds from the first day of mythic release.

-Can't queue for rated battleground unless its through find a group.

-Can't add xmog on a smaller level. Such as satchels, fanny packs, bags of gold on your belt. Things like that.

-Can't change the color scheme of xmogs.
    Great of you to initiate this thread but... care to share what it's meaning/purpose is?

Also you CAN work towards getting transmogs from Visions of N'zoth.

Horrific Visions include several transmog rewards such as the Backpack transmog, the weapon illusions which are HF exclusive as well as the Ny'alotha raid set (I think it is Normal or LFR recolour).

have fun

/thread

Can’t wear a skirt, none I have found, tons of dresses though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't ban noobzors from keystones.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is pointless because the list of things is, by definition, endless.

Can't put a mauve tophat on my Poro companion pet while in a RBG with a LFG group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    So please, if you post here do not try to derail the thread by attacking ideas.
    Are you trying to imply that this thread will lead to thoughts and ideas that will improve the game?

Because "Things I would like to see" is a much more pragmatic approach to that.

Some of the things you mentioned not being able to do are perfectly reasonable things to want, and that's actually valuable information for the Devs. However, it's all muddied by the pretense that we're just listing random crap that isn't in the game. I can't get my real-life laundry done in the game—and I really hope it stays that way.

It feels a bit like you're guarding against people giving you reasonable counterpoints or having this turn into a debate, but the reality is that for things to make it into the game there needs to be a bit of back and forth (because as wonderful as you may have it pictured in your head, you need to have multiple eyes on something that is going to go into the hands of millions of people).

If I'm completely wrong about all that then I can follow up with a more negative conclusion about you, but I see no need to not give you the benefit of the doubt here.
    SorryNotSorry

Cant use white and grey items for transmog.

Alliance

"Because "Things I would like to see" is a much more pragmatic approach to that."

Hey, thanks for response. I just wanted to make a list of things you can't do in WoW that are within reason to exist in WoW. Exactly what you said about this being useful info for devs. That is what I had in mind when I was typing out my post.

Some of these observations are really old. Something like being able to name your mounts. I always enjoyed friends back in Vanilla and BC would say this my mount "Sephy or Thor." I always thought it would be cool if you could simply give your mount a name that only you can see when hovering over it or clicking it.

As you can see actually speculating on how these things would be implemented would take very long posts and would just make people go cross eyed imo. Though if you feel you can convey good info, it would help the topic.

So just a simple list without malice or any of the why isn't this in the game omg whyyyyyy sentiment. Just observations from players that play the game they design and manage.

As to this thread being pointless, I do not agree with that. The goal of this thread is ideas for fun, ease of access, and overall enjoyment of the game we stare at for hours on end. If you think the most ridiculous thing you can imagine should be in the game then post it. Not sure how seriously it would be taken though. And if you feel like saying you "can't have fun." Then post it I suppose.

So saying "can't do my laundry in WoW" doesn't really fit into the realm of within reason to exist in WoW if you are just being sarcastic about what type of ideas could be posted here. Though if it follows the format there are plenty of quips that can be made.

TOO LONG, DIDN'T READ!= Thread for ideas regarding fun stuff, ease of access and overall enjoyment of game. And yes my title was intentional, just not meant to be snooty, snotty, snooty.

- Can't choose the animations you use for abilities
    - Can't choose any race to play as any class
    - Can't mount instantly as every class
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-03-20 at 08:37 AM.

Can't make a morbidly obese blood elf.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

7+ Year Old Account
    -Can't use the old race animations that gave each race/class combo special flair anymore.

-Can't transmog the legendary cape effect from MoP, only the cape itself.

Alliance

"Technically you can get the Wrathion Backpack transmog for 5000 Mementos and from assaults by N'zoth's forces you get BoA gear that ends up being a transmog set."

Aye, to be clear I mean full transmog sets and the BOA gear is a set of course. But it should be one of many to obtain from visions. So yes backpack counts as a mog to work for and I really was happy to get that item. Fun journey and a just reward imo. And yes hundreds of full xmog sets is the idea I would be backing. Imagine if the art department was assigned to create 20 new xmog sets for each class. The fun part being that you have to collect those eight pieces from one or two dungeons per xpac. Not sure how the numbers add up, not here to implement. Going after something like that would take time and be something to be remembered as players in a positive light.

More art the better imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Great of you to initiate this thread but... care to share what it's meaning/purpose is?
    exactly, i don't understand
    i can type u can't get fire power like mario gave us in the nes era, but i doubt that it will make sense?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Cant catch new demons as a warlock.

Would be cool to have a system like hunters where you choose your demons specc.
    Ofc some restrictions, like imps not being able to tank

Hello everyone. I haev been playing WoW for a couple years and I have never thought about those things. It is very interesting, thanks

You can't fast travel between the dive bars in Zandalar and in KulTiras. Could even have been implemented as drinking a combination of drinks in a certain order to go to a specific bar.

Can't use my Gatling gun for the Division.

Can't get Hand of A'dal and Amani War Bear anymore.

/Flex