View Poll Results: How hyped you are (at this moment, right before Alpha) about SL ?

Voters
346. This poll is closed

87 25.14%

29 8.38%

22 6.36%

34 9.83%

13 3.76%

34 9.83%

25 7.23%

34 9.83%

28 8.09%

8 2.31%

32 9.25%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    0 Couldn't be less hyped.

It's going to be more of the same. Time AND rep gated flying just kills it for me. I don't care about immersion and whatever else limiting flying is suppose to give in terms of playing experience. I simply don't have time to not have flying and to play. I need to be in and out of quest areas as fast as possible.

Adding more class specific abilities is only exciting because they dumbed the game down way too far and I've already experienced that in previous expansions. Add to that stat/level squish taking me down to 60 again doing small damage(i want to see big ass numbers as that makes me feel good) makes me not really excited.

Honestly more hyped than I was for BFA. I wasn't interested in allied races at all. The only one that caught my eye were the Nightborne, but Blizzard completely butchered their models. I also wasn't that thrilled about Zandalar or Kul Tiras.

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to the Covenants, mainly because I loved Class Halls in Legion and I think it will be something similar. Also really excited for the lore, especially about the Venthyr and the Night Fae.

Still don't know if I'm gonna join the vampires or the faeries. Transmog, mounts and pets will make that decision for me.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gave up on WoW already. But was hyped for WC3 Reforged. Considering how it turned out, nah, I have totally lost hope with Blizz.
    Sorry, voted 0.

Felt bad putting a 0 on the poll, so I put a 1.

I can't be hype if I don't know anything about the xpac. I mean I know some stuff but it's nothing really to be hype about lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I want to be hyped for it and I plan on playing it but truthfully it's hard to be excited for anything WoW related right now when we're hot on the heels of an expansion that was lackluster. I'm also super salty about not getting a new class, it's always been a huge selling point for me. Here's to hoping they get things right.

7+ Year Old Account
    | - - o - - - - - - - |

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Almost every expansion in the past decade has had about a 4 month long beta period other than MoP which was cluttered with the "guaranteed access" from the annual pass. With alpha builds being pushed out even if encrypted, we're right on track for a mid to late April beta launch which is exactly when BfA and Legion's betas launched the the releases were both in August. It's well within the realm of possibility honestly.
    Beta in April? Legion & BfA Alpha started months earlier at their respective lifetimes compared to where we are now, Legion even in Q4 2015, BfA end of January 2018. We're more than 2-3 months over that point already. We don't have public Alpha and you're already talking about Beta next month?

An August release was never going to happen alone due to the Q4 deadline. And then Corona happened. Let's be realistic.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-03-23 at 08:20 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    What i am curious is for the people who clicked 0.

Which basically means you have NO hope left whatsoever and are nor interested in the game at all. I wonder why you are even on this side then and responding to threts about this game? Otherwise the 0 is a lie. Like those overblown Metacritic ratings.
    No hope (since WoD) for every next expansion until it will consider this
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even in my thoughts, first time I will not be purchasing an xpac outright. I'm sure as fuck not buying another legion/bfa with incredibly boring class design. I'm not playing another xpac of AP grind and endless dailies/time gates either. Blizz is the only one that still pulls this shit and its unacceptable. If its the end for me in WoW I'm fine with it, got 2 other good MMOs to play and Blizz completely lost my love when they ruined my rogue in Legion.

There are so many unrealistic requirements for me to be hyped, they done mangled this fucking thing beyond saving.

I'm semi-interested in how emodeathlordcutie420 progresses though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    No hope (since WoD) for every next expansion until it will consider this
    Well tbh i am pretty sure you are in the minority... by far with this one. Old human/gnome faces were horrible. That weird snout of the humans....

And undead are still... well undead.

I think you will wait forever on this one.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I honestly keep forgetting there's even a new expansion coming and often forget it's name when it is brought up. I'll probably get more hyped once it actually gets closer and we get some solid info about it.

Maybe like a 3?

If I'm ever at a 1, I'm burnt out from WoW and need a break.

If I say I'm at a 10, I'd be lying and would love anything they gave us.

bring it on...very interested what is coming.

7+ Year Old Account
    VinceVega
    Well tbh i am pretty sure you are in the minority... by far with this one. Old human/gnome faces were horrible. That weird snout of the humans....

And undead are still... well undead.

I think you will wait forever on this one.
    Not/terrible, this question was discussed million times already, I don’t care what you or someone else thinks about it (personly, I'd say that newer are "high definition freaks", moreover, this is only regarding appearance, I have no "more moderate" definitions for animations, it's just indescribable within censored language). But OK, there're 2 incontrovertible/confirmed facts:

1) I know a lot of people, who left for this reason (negative attitude to change), and none of those, for whom this was the main reason for coming into the game (positive) = negative result + these overall changes shattered community and only added more toxicity to discussions = double negative result + besides, you better don't underestimate negative impact (on attitude to company) of those who left = triple negative result!

2) You can endlessly argue about beauty or whatever else, therefore our main argument is - they're "not same/different/not similar". This is, as I said, generally recognized and here (as said in link from message) there're 2 ways of customization! (not like WoD=toggle way) solutions: either they give us literally old models to display, make them friends with current interface, or do what they originally promised "new, but old models" - recognizable (the same basic geometry, the same basic animation). I don't care about technical details, in this case, fact of which also has already been discussed in detail "I care only perception part".

What follows from all this? This isn't important if we're minority or not, in this particular issue, it's important just that reason is absolutely objective and is much broader then purely personal/private problem, which means, that I fully answered your question. Do we understood each other?
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-06-03 at 06:49 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

what makes you think that we are "right before alpha"

for all we know due to coronavirus alpha may be pushed by 3-6 months .

i dont belive that blizzard giving up on essences and releasing them for currency is an accident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’ve never been so unhyped.

Every patch makes things worse, so I’m dreading 9.0.

BFA was first expansion where I didn't even hit the max level, Shadowlands is the first expansion I will not be even playing. Been playing since 2.1 on and off, damn.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    No new class, no new races. Don't like the setting, only 4 zones, neither particularly up my alley. Opening cinematic horribly uninspiring, preorder bonuses bland (compare DK allied races to DH early access or BFA allied races... come on).

They are trying really hard to disinterest me with SL, the only thing that excited me so far was extra character customisation.

3/10
    Nailed it in my opinion. New classes were always a strong hype factor for me, and Shadowlands zones seem, I don't know, distinctly unWarcrafty to me. It's the same feeling I had for WoD where for some reason we were time travelling, something is seriously off here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Not/terrible, this question was discussed million times already, I don’t care what you or someone else thinks about it (personly, I'd say that newer are "high definition freaks", moreover, this is only regarding appearance, I have no "more moderate" definitions for animations, it's just indescribable within censored language). But OK, there're 2 incontrovertible/confirmed facts:

1) I know a lot of people, who left for this reason (negative attitude to change), and none of those, for whom this was the main reason for coming into the game (positive) = negative result + these overall changes shattered community and only added more toxicity to discussions = double negative result + besides, you better don't underestimate negative impact (on attitude to company) of those who left = triple negative result!

2) You can endlessly argue about beauty or whatever else, therefore our main argument is - they're "not same/different/not similar". This is, as I said, generally recognized and here (as said in link from message) there're 2 ways of customization! (not like WoD=toggle way) solutions: either they give us literally old models to display, make them friends with current interface, or do what they originally promised "new, but old models" - recognizable (the same basic geometry, the same basic animation). I don't care about technical details, in this case, fact of which also has already been discussed in detail "I care only perception part".

What follows from all this? This isn't important if we're minority or not, in this particular issue, it's important just that reason is absolutely objective and is much broader then purely personal/private problem, which means, that I fully answered your question. Do we understood each other?
    You argue, that you want to decide how your character looks to others.... i am sorry but why do you want to make the game worse for everyone who enjoys the new models? I get the part where you say you like the old models. Eye of the beholder an whatnot. Toggle a switch make everything old. Still thinks it will look weird with all those HD textures in the world and then the old models. But again your game idc.

What i do care about is wanting to make me see these old models. I don't want to see them. They don't fit in the new game. They look good in classic and i got used to it quite fast. But not when everything around is is smooth as hell.. The argument that you are supposed to decide how we see your character is not right in the moment there are others involved and pay for an immersive experience. Look at Aion. They allowed for nearly everything. Like tiny bodys with huge heads. Looked horrible... completely fed up every immersion you will ever have with the game. Because the characters looked so wrong in the gameword.

But i see you are quite adamant about this topic, seeing how much you care about it. But again: Maybe you someday get the possibility to switch NPCs to old models too. But NEVER that I see you as the old model.