Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Worst Online dating red flags?

Worst Online dating red flags?

Pictures of them in Photos with randoms.

Pictures of Pets in every photo.

Results from online test or quiz.

Saying they like long walks on the beach* LOL

Whether it's now or then have you ever used online dating sites, if so which ones?

Yes, EHarmony, it was great never met anyone that was anything but great, it's kind of expensive, but if it's a dating site all of those on it should be investing into actually meeting someone.

What is your Best or Worst experience dating someone you met online?

Best EHarmony, met a couple women I dated and became friends with to this day. Worst, I dated a guildy who lived near me, I was 26 at the time she said she was 23, which she was clearly lying and like 18, the date lasted to dinner and that was it, great girl but way too young for me.

Mod Edit: This thread is closed.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-26 at 02:06 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Improper use of to, two, and too.

Improper use of there, their, and they're.

Inability to hold a conversation.

Expecting a laundry list of requirements but not meeting those themselves.

I used Plenty of Fish.

I'm married to the woman I met there. Since at the time neither of us had the time to actually do the whole "find someone" routine it worked out quite well.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I've never online dated but if the lady I chose had a dick I imagine I'd be perplexed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lying about their sex.

Responding late and not apologizing for it.

I’ve tried all the free dating apps and haven’t met one person. The paid ones look even more like cop-outs. I think I’m just not attractive enough to meet anyone.

The absolute worst date I've been on had these properties:

- Ideological declaration without objective rationalization.
    - Lot of cell phone checking.
    - No smiling. Like, zero. We're not playing poker here...

Some properties in profiles:

- Photos are 90-100% selfies or mirror shots, in most cases with contrived poses.
    - Way too much maintenance in one's appearance.
    - Photos that don't include the person in question.
    - Heavily into traveling (not a general red flag, but for me personally, as I don't really like traveling).
    - Stating they're genuine. I have a problem with this, because women I know who have stated this have been anything but. It also lacks modesty, which in itself isn't a red flag, but in this case it kinda is because how genuine a person you are isn't really visible to yourself. People ought to be modest about things they can't say for certain.
    - Listing values that are contradicted by their actions (e.g. green values, but travels a lot).
    - Vegan, smoker and other small personal traits and habits that are just incompatible with me.

I suppose I should add a disclaimer: These aren't automatic nope, more something that makes me wonder if it will work. If the women I talk with otherwise feel pretty good I might as well meet them in person before writing them off.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2020-03-24 at 07:51 AM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

It is a huge red flag if the person does not have any hobbies/interests (shopping, holidays, and eating are not hobbies...)
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

10+ Year Old Account
    Inability to comprehend self deprecating humor.

My bio is essentially me making fun of myself.

"Love travelling"

Pictures of them posing and smiling at some Holocaust monument in Germany. Apparently this is a thing with Scandinavian girls.

Excessive maintenance / plastic surgery

Single picture/no picture.

Their bio is their Instagram

Pictures with emoticons or those stupid cat/dog ears/nose crap

Any girl not in the military is a red flag. It seems like you are more likely to find maturity and mental toughness from a military girl.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

just face pic in case of women on tinder

99,9% she is fat.

Lists nothing about themselves - only demands
    Preggers
    Face tattoos or piercings
    Believes in astrology

10+ Year Old Account
    Posts on MMO-Champion

Pets,
    hipster posing pictures in front of the mirror,
    ranting about politics,
    flesh tunneled earlobes,
    sprawling tatts,
    half nacked pictures,
    fake look, especially bad if you can already see the discount boobjob from eastern europe 4 sizes too big,
    naming traveling and vacation as their hobbies,
    something about documenting their food and/or going on about vegan/gluten free food,
    writing edgy/condescending stuff into their bio because they think they have it oh-so-hard in life,
    spiritual rubbish - a sea of red flags if they mention their fucking guru,
    their bio is a checklist for you to fullfil,
    annoying filters on pictures - we can talk about our animal ear fetishes at the second date,
    smoker or worse drug user,
    party girl,
    pregnant/already having children.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-03-24 at 05:09 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The classic "I like to travel" or "I like to drink wine" is, perhaps not so much of a red flag as it is dull.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

All womens on online dating have red flags, nothing new.

I dated few of them from all those popular sites like POD, Tinder, etc, they all have problems.

But the most majority ones are like:

- They only care about your career/job, no other interesting aspect of your self.

- No short public meetings, super slow response.

- Bad texting, negative attitude, just doesn't seems to care about this dating progress.

- Group pictures (who cares?), instagram promoting (yeah sure you got 1k+ fake instagram follower, there are millions of users are better than you, in the meanwhile you are wasting your god damn freaking times and you should be doing something better)
    Last edited by PokeKitty; 2020-03-25 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    just face pic in case of women on tinder

99,9% she is fat.
    Fat shows in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Fat shows in the face.
    sweet naive summer child.

right angle does wonders

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    sweet naive summer child.

right angle does wonders
    Then your problem isn’t the fat, it’s misleading photos, which anyone regardless of weight can accomplish.

Look at all these fucking considerations for potential dates.

This is why i say the internet needs to die. Shit like this.

Dating never used to be about analyzing a fucking profile and deciding if the person in question is worth your time based on his fucking pose in a pic.

Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Look at all these fucking considerations for potential dates.

This is why i say the internet needs to die. Shit like this.

Dating never used to be about analyzing a fucking profile and deciding if the person in question is worth your time based on his fucking pose in a pic.

Jesus.
    F....

good that you told me

all those chicks i dated while picking them up in the clubs - and deciding it solely on "profile pic " aka how they looked like when in full make-up .

dude now thanks to you i know i was doing it wrong all along

should have asked them about their personality and interest in the middle of club dance floor. and decide based on that.

now more serously - game changes but principles are exackly the same