Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is a level of absurdity i have not seen for a long time - you want a specific list of exploits so you know not to do them? You know Blizzard remove exploits, right? If its in the game, its because they are not aware of it, and it is unintended.

- - - Updated - - -

Did it say "this item can be traded..." or not?
    That is the exact point I'm making - it's absurd. I'm glad you realize this, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    cause these are weekly lockout quest items.
    imagine if you could trade your legion legendaries with others cause you were in a group when they dropped.
    This is not a quest item. It is a weekly lockout item. You can trade other weekly lockout items (almost every single one). I don't see an issue with trading legendaries if in a group. Was this a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    God help us from some people..

Was this unintended? yes. > dont do it.
    Are you sure? no > dont do it.
    Did this provide an advantage or could provide an advantage (in gold or power etc)? yes > dont do it.
    Do you need to justify it? yes > dont do it.

dont do it.
    ...bUt iT's NoT mY fAuLt BlIzZaRd SuCkS aT pRoGraMmInG aNd Qa!

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Right, you just want to argue over something that probably didnt happen. Enjoy going in circles by yourself. Also, you know the bolded part because its printed in law. Have fun.
    Residential street locally are 50, 60, or 70km/h, so yet again, you are completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    This is not a quest item. It is a weekly lockout item. You can trade other weekly lockout items (almost every single one). I don't see an issue with trading legendaries if in a group. Was this a thing?
    If you're referring to Legiondaries that was 100% not the case.

That is the exact point I'm making - it's absurd. I'm glad you realize this, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the item have the additional text stating it is tradable? Simple question

Residential street locally are 50, 60, or 70km/h, so yet again, you are completely wrong.
    And unless otherwise posted, its 50km/hr: https://www.ontario.ca/document/offi.../driving-along "Where there are no posted speed limits, the maximum speed is 50 km/h in cities, towns and villages, and 80 km/h elsewhere."

Should I find it in the Highway Traffic Act for you, as well, or are you done arguing stupid shit, in a thread about something that didnt happen?
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-03-25 at 07:58 PM.

Does the item have the additional text stating it is tradable? Simple question
    I didn't read it. Don't know. Maybe next week when I have another opportunity to do things the game allows me to do I will check.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    And unless otherwise posted, its 50km/hr: https://www.ontario.ca/document/offi.../driving-along "Where there are no posted speed limits, the maximum speed is 50 km/h in cities, towns and villages, and 80 km/h elsewhere."

Should I find it in the Highway Traffic Act for you, as well, or are you done arguing stupid shit, in a thread about something that didnt happen?
    Wrong country mate.

Wrong country mate.
    Jesus christ, youre insufferable... you need to get a life.

I didn't read it. Don't know. Maybe next week when I have another opportunity to do things the game allows me to do I will check.
    The game allows you to do a lot of things that are covered in the tos. For example, the game allows you to communicate with other players. That does not mean you can go around harassing and abusing other people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for the "I got banned for no reason at all" - threads.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I'm sure there are people who will say this is "fun detected", but honestly, this is obviously unintended and leads directly to an increase in actual player power that'll go beyond what is designed for for the rest of the expansion, so it's one of the relatively few times I can see temp bans being justified. Perma seems a bit harsh when they can just do rollbacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Malefic Cores increase corruption resistance by 3, so if one person can get 15 resistance from a full party clear that would over time allow a person to have a huge resistance to corruption effects, which would let them stack Infinite Stars or Twilight Devastation beyond what is intended.
    you are right. i was scratching my head thinking why would anyone even do this, until a troop of multiboxers just blazed by me in uldum right now. Now i dont know how good multi boxers would be in a horrific vision BUT, image that 1 out of the 3 getting three malefic cores lol. Thats nearly a month of clears had in one reset lol.

edit:
    1. perma ban seems crazy, should be length of it
    2. its not a strong argument but, shouldnt blizz have thought of this and programmed against this?
    Last edited by Minikin; 2020-03-25 at 08:38 PM.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    shouldnt blizz have thought of this and programmed against this?
    If you can figure out a system to build software without bugs or oversights you should do it. The biggest companies in the world will throw billions of dollars at you.

Then why do you keep bringing it up?

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the difference? The action of exploiting a bug.......thats what an exploit is.
    The fact that you could trade the cores is an oversight that went by because you can trade just about anything that recently dropped in an instanced group, it's NOT a bug. Blizzard just dropped the ball. This just happened to slink by. However, the saronite bombs rebuilt the edge of the platform (which wasn't part of the encounter) due to some sort of error in the programming, making it a glitch/bug. With the cores, it remained tradable because Blizzard forgot to disable the trading part.

they were not banned for trading loot
    So, what were they banned for?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So, what were they banned for?
    Exploiting a bug. Assuming this all happened ofc.

"exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    If you can figure out a system to build software without bugs or oversights you should do it. The biggest companies in the world will throw billions of dollars at you.
    oh i agree. i steer away from shit that smells like an unfair advantage because it always ends up either
    1. patched
    2. banned

obviously theyll have some issues with software where ppl find an area to exploit. the xp buff, heroic lich king etc etc. but perma ban for this seems a bit....extreme?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

The game allows you to do a lot of things that are covered in the tos. For example, the game allows you to communicate with other players. That does not mean you can go around harassing and abusing other people.
    That's the thing - it's in the tos. It's in the game. Malefic Core trading being outlawed is never mentioned in the game. That is the point. Banning people for doing things they have no way of knowing it's unintended is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    The fact that you could trade the cores is an oversight that went by because you can trade just about anything that recently dropped in an instanced group, it's NOT a bug. Blizzard just dropped the ball. This just happened to slink by. However, the saronite bombs rebuilt the edge of the platform (which wasn't part of the encounter) due to some sort of error in the programming, making it a glitch/bug. With the cores, it remained tradable because Blizzard forgot to disable the trading part.
    Is the item flagged with the text that identifies it as tradable? Because all those other items do.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the thing - it's in the tos. It's in the game. Malefic Core trading being outlawed is never mentioned in the game. That is the point. Banning people for doing things they have no way of knowing it's unintended is stupid.
    Is the item flagged with the additional text line stating it is intended to be tradable?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    oh i agree. i steer away from shit that smells like an unfair advantage because it always ends up either
    1. patched
    2. banned

obviously theyll have some issues with software where ppl find an area to exploit. the xp buff, heroic lich king etc etc. but perma ban for this seems a bit....extreme?
    The ban a person receives is always based on their account standing. If anyone was perma banned, they would have had an extensive history of account infractions, most likely for similar offenses.

Just to be clear, if an account was in good standing with a good history, i agree that action would be extremely harsh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the item flagged with the text that identifies it as tradable? Because all those other items do.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the item flagged with the additional text line stating it is intended to be tradable?

- - - Updated - - -

The ban a person receives is always based on their account standing. If anyone was perma banned, they would have had an extensive history of account infractions, most likely for similar offenses.

Just to be clear, if an account was in good standing with a good history, i agree that action would be extremely harsh.
    interesting i didnt know that. i thought it was based on severity. like certain actions add a month eventually adding up to a perma. certain ones are perma regardless or previous standing.