Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    "Well Mr murderer, you killed those people with a 7.5 inch knife, and we only have a law for a 7 inch knife, and an 8inch knife, you are free to go! How were you to know murder with a 7.5 inch blade is illegal, it's our mistake".
    What are you even talking about? Didnt you just accuse me of being childish? And you know its likely this is fake anyways, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    I actually dont think this is real. The only info Im seeing is a wow thread citing this thread and a link to a reddit thread that later on, references this thread as well..
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-03-25 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Didn't play during Argus. Lots of soulbound items are tradeable.

The only thing I know is that the game lets someone do it.

What other things that are doable that should not be done? Please make a complete list for me. Do you see the problem?
    The paladin one shotting vectis
    The exp pot stacking
    The WQ repeatable big
    The world boss that you could constantly bonus roll

The common thread being obvious bugs are obvious

What are you even talking about? Didnt you just accuse me of being childish? And you know its likely this is fake anyways, right?
    By its very nature, an exploit is undertaking an action unintended by Blizzard, meaning they are unaware of it - but people want them listed so they know if its an exploit or not. Its absolutely ridiculous reasoning that holds no water in the real world.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't play during Argus. Lots of soulbound items are tradeable.

The only thing I know is that the game lets someone do it.

What other things that are doable that should not be done? Please make a complete list for me. Do you see the problem?
    This is a level of absurdity i have not seen for a long time - you want a specific list of exploits so you know not to do them? You know Blizzard remove exploits, right? If its in the game, its because they are not aware of it, and it is unintended.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are these rules spelled out in the game? I didn't even see an update about Malefic Cores. I just did a vision and it popped in my inventory.
    Did it say "this item can be traded..." or not?

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Or saronite bombs.
    That's a bug, that's different.

By its very nature, an exploit is undertaking an action unintended by Blizzard, meaning they are unaware of it - but people want them listed so they know if its an exploit or not. Its absolutely ridiculous reasoning that holds no water in the real world.
    Ok well, I didnt say, I wanted Blizzard to list exploits, so Idk what youre going on about. Have you any confirmation this is even real, or do you not care? I understand some people just want to argue about 7.5" knives, but Im not one of them..

Ok well, I didnt say, I wanted Blizzard to list exploits, so Idk what youre going on about. Have you any confirmation this is even real, or do you not care? I understand some people just want to argue about 7.5" knives, but Im not one of them..
    Then why do you keep bringing it up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    That's a bug, that's different.
    Whats the difference? The action of exploiting a bug.......thats what an exploit is.

Then why do you keep bringing it up?
    To show you the flaw of your speeding analogy.. Did you not read that 5 posts ago?

Also, why do you keep ignoring that this is likely fake?

No, MORE coffees - we must be entertained!
    While I admire your attempts to nurture my bad drinking habits, I shall not be encouraged!
    That being said, being 2nd on damage in a timed +12 key, as the tank makes me very happy and I frequently make loud obnoxious noises over comms whilst drinking too many coffees.
    This is why my friends don't let me tank anymore

To show you the flaw of your speeding analogy.. Did you not read that 5 posts ago?

Also, why do you keep ignoring that this is likely fake?
    No, it is a fantastic analogy. As i said, your claim that speed limits are posted was dismantled in the very next post - The overwhelming majority of the time we do NOT have a speed limit visible in front of us - we are expected to use judgement and common sense to determine the likely limit of any given road. For example, if i pull out of my friends driveway, there are no signs posted in either direction within sight - however, i know it is a residential area, therefore i stick to 50km/h unless i see otherwise.

Just like we are expected to notice when an action is unintended, and engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is cheating. Soulbound items that are intended to be tradable have special text added to them to indicate this.

I'mma wait until it's clear that this is real before passing judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    What if someday i find some weird thing i can do to earn a large amount of gold?
    Like...realm hoping to kill a bunch of mobs that drop high value trash.

And im banned for it...

Am i supposed to ask Blizzard: "Hey im getting rich? Can i do this?"

Just an example i always had this idea on my mind
    yeah, or what if a world quest resets over and over, how am i supposed to know if its intended or not?

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    yeah, or what if a world quest resets over and over, how am i supposed to know if its intended or not?

Is it the only WQ behaving this way? Is it outside of the typical behaviour of this scenario? Does it grant you an unfair advantage over others? Does it seem logical for Blizzard to implement a single WQ that can be spam repeated? Does it require any unusual actions by yourself to trigger the reset?

God help us from some people..

Was this unintended? yes. > dont do it.
    Are you sure? no > dont do it.
    Did this provide an advantage or could provide an advantage (in gold or power etc)? yes > dont do it.
    Do you need to justify it? yes > dont do it.

dont do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    No, its like saying marijuana should be legal because its more open to debate.

Again you are comparing illegality in a videogame...which is not even illegality...is actually being pretty smart about the game.
    Trying to "fool the system" is a big thing for many people.

Heck, if you have millions of gold, you probably abused th system and is Blizzards mistake in allowing that to happen.
    Wtf are you talking about? It is not open for debate - the rules are very clear. And I never said it was illegal.

If you think risking having your account banned to gain an advantage for a very short period of time before it is rolled back is "smart", then we understand that word very differently.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-03-25 at 07:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    What does sold down even mean? There's lots of cases of trading loot. Like, every other piece of loot in raids.

Passing power to other players is what the best players in the world do, and Blizzard has officially endorsed it. Not sure how this is different when it's implemented into the game, just like personal loot is.
    cause these are weekly lockout quest items.
    imagine if you could trade your legion legendaries with others cause you were in a group when they dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    cause these are weekly lockout quest items.
    imagine if you could trade your legion legendaries with others cause you were in a group when they dropped.
    Does the item have the additional text identifying it as tradeable?

No, it is a fantastic analogy. As i said, your claim that speed limits are posted was dismantled in the very next post - The overwhelming majority of the time we do NOT have a speed limit visible in front of us - we are expected to use judgement and common sense to determine the likely limit of any given road. For example, if i pull out of my friends driveway, there are no signs posted in either direction within sight - however, i know it is a residential area, therefore i stick to 50km/h unless i see otherwise.

Just like we are expected to notice when an action is unintended, and engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is cheating. Soulbound items that are intended to be tradable have special text added to them to indicate this.
    Right, you just want to argue over something that probably didnt happen. Enjoy going in circles by yourself. Also, you know the bolded part because its printed in law. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The paladin one shotting vectis
    The exp pot stacking
    The WQ repeatable big
    The world boss that you could constantly bonus roll

The common thread being obvious bugs are obvious
    So everything not on this list that I can do, I can do without getting banned? Great, thanks.

Clever use of game mechanics, move along

15+ Year Old Account
    Just reset anyone's cloak that did it to 1, problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.