Subtlety Finishers and Timers

One of the worst features of the new Subtlety design is that there is no way to spend combo points on any self-buffs between mobs in world content, or while restealthing in PvP.

I couldn’t overstate how much I miss:

1. Pressing Premeditation --> Slice and Dice as I stealth towards my enemy and prepare to open
    2. Getting fancy with Premed --> Sap --> Cheap Shot w/o breaking Sap --> Restealth with 4 combo points --> wait DRs --> Slice and Dice from Stealth --> Cheap Shot --> Rupture --> Premed (again!) --> now I’m able to do a completely different stunlock/rotation in my opener.... this is called gameplay depth.
    3. Spending combo points on self-buffs/timers when my enemy is on stun DRs / Find Weakness is down and I’m setting up damage for my next big burst window.
    4. Spending extra combo points on Slice and Dice after finishing off a mob and while moving to open up on the next mob.

Let me say also that I flat out do not give a damn if raid loggers find maintaining Slice and Dice to be a hassle. Whatever. Give them a talent so they don’t have to deal with it. Give me back my damn important Rogue buttons.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I miss having slice and dice as well (or even recuperate for that matter). Just like you said, an extra ability to press while in stealth, while losing, or just to add some skill and depth to the rotation.

The cheap shot to the side thing is a cool trick to do in duels but has little value in arenas. It's a nice throw back to the neilyo days.

Current sub (with many other class/specs) feels like everything is handed to you. 30 sec cd on marked for death....2 charges of shadow dance with additional cd reduction... seem like all to much. Id rather have a baseline 1 min cd on marked for death or as sub have access to a 30 second prem. Id also like to go back to 1 min shadow dances with only 1 charge, make the cool downs be powerful and meaningful not something you press on every go in arenas.

Hopefully with the "unpruning" in Shadowlands, some of these abilities will make their way back into our toolkit. I'm really excited for poisons to come back to all specs and not have my slow be tied to a combo point spending dot :/

You could pvp with outlaw if you miss casting slice and dice so much