Blood Set Up for M+

Hi guys. I’ve been playing as unholy for most of the expansion, but me and my friend (resto Shaman) are looking to push m+ as tank healer. I’ve cleared 15/16s in all the dungeons as DPS, and am a little apprehensive at moving to tanking.

I’ve logged out in my “tank” gear.

https: //worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/draenor/caedal

Are my stats ok for pushing 16 and up or do I need to go more offensive? I have some other DPS trinkets but was using void for the vers. I don’t have the ToS trinket yet.

I’ve got basically every corruption effect in my bags, are there any must have ones I should swap in? Currently using a 2 and 1 TD and a gushing

Is red thirst better to play in that row for the higher keys?

Cheers

Are you serious?
    You have gear good enough to push a 20 key.

Yeah I get that my gear is probably good enough, more interested in the stat balancing, and corruptions etc.

I went for as much vers as I could while keeping in the TD and gushing pieces, while keeping 20% haste (which used to be recommended. Assuming it still is)

Quote Originally Posted by Bexlyn View Post
    Yeah I get that my gear is probably good enough, more interested in the stat balancing, and corruptions etc.

I went for as much vers as I could while keeping in the TD and gushing pieces, while keeping 20% haste (which used to be recommended. Assuming it still is)
    From the top Raider.io players I personally found, every single one of them runs 26%-31% raw haste.
    So, take that for what it's worth.
    Your Azerite is something to be desired, Bonespike graveyard is pretty shit tier and you're currently stuck with 2 of em.
    Most Bloods I see at the upper echelons are running 2-3 Heart of Darkness, 2-3 Bloody runeblade and only 1 Bones of the Dawned or Eternal Rune weapon. 2-3 Overwhelming seems to be a common theme as well.

You might also consider Conflict and Strife minor over Formless void, assuming you end up dropping Vers for more Haste but take that suggestion with a grain of salt.
    While I've played a lot of Blood, I haven't pushed much past 13 keys so again, your mileage may vary. When in doubt, lurk the leader boards!

PS: I've been running Bonestorm since BoD and never looked back. There seems to be a 50/50 between players who run BS and Red Thirst so I personally imagine it's a key by key issue, or Tyrannical vs Fortified in Kings Rest etc.
    Last edited by DazManianDevil; 2020-03-25 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks for the feedback. I have my unholy azerite pieces that I can reforge if needed. Not sure if the engineering helms traits are good or not..

I've had a bit of a rejiggle and swapped some haste in for vers. Also did the essence swap you recommended. I see alot of guides suggest running Crucible as the major. Is that really needed? It doesnt really do alot of damage overall. I feel using it as a major is a bit of a waste.

I'll give the new set up a run out later today

The single biggest thing you can do to push up to probably 18s is gear defensively-- especially if you aren't extremely comfortable with the spec yet.

Tanks and healers (I main heal and tank on occasion) want to feel like their dps can carry a key but the truth is until you are in high keys, tank and healer dps will rarely be the deciding factor in a smooth run.
    What will have a much bigger impact is the ability to double/triple pull because you can survive it. Or pulling faster because your mitigation means less waiting on healer mana. Or even more dps from the healer because if you are more on the defensive side, they don't need to babysit.

With that said, I don't know blood DK well enough to tell you a good balance. Just saying "top players do X" should be taken with a grain of salt because a lot of the time they need to take risks that aren't required for 99% of people doing keys.
    SorryNotSorry

Depends on your group but running the cheat death major would probably be beneficial to you. Let's you practice pulling up to your absolute limit while most likely preventing a wipe.

Double/triple pulling is going to save more time than any essence you could equip otherwise.

Also it's a good safety net since it's possible to get instagibbed through DRW by the few extremely hard hitting trash pulls. (Good ol waycrest captains/guards)

As for stats whatever level of haste feels playable for you. Mostly focus on vers avoiding mastery.
    Last edited by Tehalbino; 2020-03-26 at 12:05 PM.

Really appreciate all the feedback. I tanked a TOS 16 and managed to 2 chest it. Was pretty smooth. I used the cheat death as a major, but didnt have it proc during the dungeon. It was nice though to know I had it there if I needed it.

I need lots of improvement though. Need to get out of the habit of trying to press something every GCD, and also use Vampiric Blood more often. I was using Bonestorm which felt pretty nice. TD3 does loads of damage so that also helped.

What did surprise me, was how much damage Spirit Breaker does. I didnt die to it, but it took off 75% of my HP at one point when I didnt have a defensive up

15+ Year Old Account
    Really appreciate all the feedback. I tanked a TOS 16 and managed to 2 chest it. Was pretty smooth. I used the cheat death as a major, but didnt have it proc during the dungeon. It was nice though to know I had it there if I needed it.

I need lots of improvement though. Need to get out of the habit of trying to press something every GCD, and also use Vampiric Blood more often. I was using Bonestorm which felt pretty nice. TD3 does loads of damage so that also helped.

What did surprise me, was how much damage Spirit Breaker does. I didnt die to it, but it took off 75% of my HP at one point when I didnt have a defensive up
    I would suggest using Anima or Concentrated Flame as majors. Anima for fortified weeks and CF for tyrannical. Both big dps boosts.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Just DS after it, it's heal you up real good
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Anyone who tells you to gem/enchant/essence defensively on anything below a 20 is wrong, and even the 20s can be managed. Also, you're better off asking for advice on the dk discord (Acherus) than over here, because Anima is a meme, don't fall for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryIndex View Post
    Anyone who tells you to gem/enchant/essence defensively on anything below a 20 is wrong, and even the 20s can be managed. Also, you're better off asking for advice on the dk discord (Acherus) than over here, because Anima is a meme, don't fall for it.
    Usually it is better not to ask about keys at Acherus also, too much theorycrafters or "wow i can tank 15 even without death strike usage" boiz. Just check what high rio scored bdks currently use, if you need to play higher-than-normal keys (https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac...th-knight/tank). For lower bracket keys, there is literally no difference what are you going to use, 'cause just playing properly much more important

General purpose setup: CF + Symbiotic Presence, Conflict and Strife, (Aegis|Null|Vision|Sphere)
    For random giga aoe numbers with TD - Vigilant Protector + Aegis, Vision, Conflict and Strife

On the Talent side I always run with Bonestorm in M+, it's nearly impossible to die while it is up in a pull of more then 3 enemies, extremely good and the CD is very short.

For Azerites it depends a bit. On the Standard week you can run with

Mayor:
    Stength of the Warden (not so much a Taunt as boost to both Survivability and DPS)
    Minor:
    Null (that magic shield is sweet)
    Aegis (Free and near constant extra Vers)
    Memory (Extra Runes)/C&F (Even more Vers, but harder to get higher ranks)

But on Necrotic weeks I like to have an extra aoe slow/speed boost so I grab Sphere of Supression in the Major on top of the slow from D&D. Helps to have more then one options against an affix that arguably affects DKs the most, especially since we generally want to use D&D in the rotation and you get a little Haste buff as a bonus too.

I would for those weeks usually replace Memory with Warden or Void, since you do want those 10 Corruption Resistance always.

Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post
    Usually it is better not to ask about keys at Acherus also, too much theorycrafters or "wow i can tank 15 even without death strike usage" boiz. Just check what high rio scored bdks currently use, if you need to play higher-than-normal keys (https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac...th-knight/tank). For lower bracket keys, there is literally no difference what are you going to use, 'cause just playing properly much more important

General purpose setup: CF + Symbiotic Presence, Conflict and Strife, (Aegis|Null|Vision|Sphere)
    For random giga aoe numbers with TD - Vigilant Protector + Aegis, Vision, Conflict and Strife
    That's true about Acherus being too caught up with the theorycrafting without actually experiencing the content. Good advice too