Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Give me TBC and I will play nothing else but it.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    How come Nintendo kept making games if they can just re-release their old games on the Nintendo E-Shop? People were still buying them!
    This expresses such a fundamental ignorance to what Nintendo is and how it works that it's almost laughable. Not to mention, we're talking about an MMO and not a single player game. MMOs are designed to be games that you can theoretically play forever as they are constantly updated and have strong online player-to-player interactions. Comparing them to random single player games is stupid at best and bad faith at worst.

Even with a server dedicated to every WoW expansion that has EVER released, they wouldn't get close to the amount of Subs WoW had at its peak in WotLK.
    1.) Subs peaked in Cataclysm, not WotLK.

2.) This has nothing to do with anything, lol.

Why keep making Classic wow if Retail has more players?
    What's your answer to that?
    What do you mean "making Classic wow"? They're not making anything, they're just releasing content that was already made. There's a small cost when it comes to maintenance and the implementation of the patches and everything, but you're off in Africa with whatever bizarre and irrelevant point you were trying to make with this.

Just because they release one version of Classic WoW doesn't mean they're suddenly making future expansions irrelevant. However, if you were a stock holder at Blizzard and someone in charge at Blizzard's parent company, ActivisionBlizzard, and you saw that Blizzard was making every single expansion of the past into its own expansion-specific game, why would you want to invest so much money in new content? It doesn't mean new expansions wouldn't be made, but there'd obviously be a lot more scrutiny involved in putting money towards them. Not to mention what an absolute clusterfuck it would become to manage every single version of the game.

Also, "stupid argument is stupid." What the fuck are you? 12? Is this 2006 internet? Oh wait. Your profile picture. Your "location." You really are 12.
    I wonder what it's like to be the kind of person who gets into petty, stupid arguments every single day on the internet and yet never win a single one of them.

It needs to be a 1 time copy of all characters from an existing classic server. Gold cap is pointless as peeps will just load their bags up with classic items that will hold value through tbc.

Allowing a second copy from a classic server would serve as gold duplicating.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post

If you google any of the data, it shows an almost identical sub count at the end of wrath compared to the very beginning of cata, at which point it nosedived. The data shows an extremely strong growth from launch through to the end of wrath, at which point it leveled off, followed by a severe drop off right through cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Considering their last shareholder call said half of current WoW subscriptions were playing classic exclusively its kind of a no brainer isn't it?
    If this is true, then wow currently has less than 2 million active subs worldwide. Classic allows a maximum 10k players per server in layered mode. There are around 60 servers worldwide, if they were all full then the classic playerbase would be around 600,000 players. That times two gives you the entire player base....back to vanilla numbers.

This expresses such a fundamental ignorance to what Nintendo is and how it works that it's almost laughable. Not to mention, we're talking about an MMO and not a single player game. MMOs are designed to be games that you can theoretically play forever as they are constantly updated and have strong online player-to-player interactions. Comparing them to random single player games is stupid at best and bad faith at worst.
    ...wanna read what you wrote?
    "Constantly updated..."

That goes against your argument.
    Your given definition defeats your argument.
    It needs to be updated.

...wanna read what you wrote?
    "Constantly updated..."

That goes against your argument.
    Your given definition defeats your argument.
    It needs to be updated.
    This is one of the worst attempts at an argument I maybe have ever seen.

If anyone is confused, the answers should be.

1. Yes i am excited about the possibility of a TBC classic server

2. The option to transfer exsisting Classic characters to new TBC servers

If there is any option to give feedback, make sure to mention a stronger hand from blizzard to create a more curated server balance.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    No, it's under NDA that all thse mongoloids gladly brushed away
    FYI for a NDA to be binding, both sides have to agree to it beforehand.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    FYI for a NDA to be binding, both sides have to agree to it beforehand.
    This. There cannot be a NDA on a fucking email. For it to be binding it has to be signed ("Agreement" being the significant part here). All those clauses are void and people can do what the fuck they want with it. They ASK you to comply, but you don't have to for whatever reason.

5+ Year Old Account
    I hope they simply add new servers with TBC as the version of the game and force everyone to start at lvl 1. No character transfers, no 100k gold at TBC launch for you.

i don't see why gold matters it has very little value until it could be traded for wow tokens, which didn't happen in tbc, It really wouldn't affect my gameplay or progress or enjoyment if most ppl had 20 zillion gold. what are they guna do with it, buy potions and boosts and transitory boes for your alts? I don't think i'd start a new character that has none of the gear or progress that my current character has and there for no where near as much investment. to me there would be no point at all in having tbc servers if i couldn't continue my classic main. they didn't wipe everyone the first time and I see no reason why they need to do it this time. whether ppl bring 100k gold with them or grind it out at 70 who really cares gold only has limited power and there aren't many direct gold sinks. most of the value in this game is in gear thats BoP and doesn't cost any gold, just effort. there were players who hit the gold cap during tbc, but I don't remember it breaking the game in any way. regardless of how much gold ppl have, you'll always have limited space. so one persons impact on the economy can really only go so far. pretty much until they run out of space.

carrying on from classic with my current guild and current character is the primary reason to want tbc, having to start a brand new character that I have no investment in whatsoever. pass.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-03-28 at 08:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why keep making Classic wow if Retail has more players?
    What's your answer to that?
    Why should they keep making Classic if it doubled the subscription numbers ? Classic haters and logic....

I would instantly start again as a Draenei Shaman as I did back in 2007. Bring back TBC, it was peak WoW (for me).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Oh, glad it's a (legit) email
    well you can tell if its legit or not duh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    i bloody hell hope they make it a "start at 58" experience
    no,this would be stupid,just copy all the classic characters on the tbc versions,or if its to much data have a transfer option,a big part of a new expansion is the progressions sense from past to new

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    If they are legitimately asking if it should start at lvl 1 or transition and effectively remove Vanilla, I would be surprised lol. Clearly they should let you copy your char once over on a new set of realms
    yeah im 99.9% sure classic isnt going away no matter what people vote,the only question left is how tbc comes,fresh for all or transfer,im hoping transfer as the progressions sense from one to another is a big part of the experience

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    they ask u not to gotta folow the ruleS

BUt it is legit i got it too

crap did i break the rule by posting this?
    the not sharing thing is bullshit,its not binding in any way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Why should they keep making Classic if it doubled the subscription numbers ? Classic haters and logic....
    the numbers in classic are irelevant,they said even if 1k play its fine for them to keep it up,and im sure classic isnt going away no matter what people vote and when tbc comes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Good to know they're starting to consider the future, but it's gonna be chaotic (some people rather stay vanilla, others want a port to TBC, others want a fresh start for TBC since they didnt want to play Classic, etc etc).

Looking forward to it.
    classic isnt going away no matter what people vote,all that matters is for tbc if its gonna be fresh or transfers,hoping transfers as thats part of the experience with progression

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    No, it's under NDA that all thse mongoloids gladly brushed away
    They can't send you an email and demand an NDA on the unsolicited email. It would be like me sending you a check and demand you give me your car (well not exactly) I didn't agree to the NDA BEFORE they sent the mail. Now if you do the survey you are probably accepting the NDA.

So calling people mongoloids for sharing an email that they didn't ask for seems a bit silly. Also it was referring to the survey not the email
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2020-03-28 at 09:38 AM.
    "Peace is a lie"

2.) This has nothing to do with anything, lol.

What do you mean "making Classic wow"? They're not making anything, they're just releasing content that was already made. There's a small cost when it comes to maintenance and the implementation of the patches and everything, but you're off in Africa with whatever bizarre and irrelevant point you were trying to make with this.

Just because they release one version of Classic WoW doesn't mean they're suddenly making future expansions irrelevant. However, if you were a stock holder at Blizzard and someone in charge at Blizzard's parent company, ActivisionBlizzard, and you saw that Blizzard was making every single expansion of the past into its own expansion-specific game, why would you want to invest so much money in new content? It doesn't mean new expansions wouldn't be made, but there'd obviously be a lot more scrutiny involved in putting money towards them. Not to mention what an absolute clusterfuck it would become to manage every single version of the game.

I wonder what it's like to be the kind of person who gets into petty, stupid arguments every single day on the internet and yet never win a single one of them.
    usualy when people call you 12 it is a clear sign they are 13 lel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i think both copy and start at 1 but not 58

- - - Updated - - -

i think an arguement can be made against cata onwardss, and also it would be probably spread the player way tooo thin than it would already by with vanilla tbc and wotlk
    well why does it matter if the population is spread?people are already spread around blizzards games,also there are thausands of private servers out there doing just fine for every expansion,they said even if 1k play classic they are fine with it,and 1k players on one server are going to be fine (im saying fine to much arent i)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I hope they simply add new servers with TBC as the version of the game and force everyone to start at lvl 1. No character transfers, no 100k gold at TBC launch for you.
    #nochanges

5+ Year Old Account

#nochanges
    #somechanges

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best option is clearly allowing you to transfer your classic character to TBC servers, with some caveats.

Starting from scratch again would be really annoying and would probably drive many people away. People want to play TBC, not classic again, and regardless of whether the classic leveling experience was nerfed by 20 or 30% (I forget), you would be asking a lot of people to sink a good portion of time (months for some people), just to hit 60 and then proceed to hit 70.

Personally, if I had to choose between inflation and people running into TBC with tens of thousands of gold over starting from scratch, I'd take the one where people have loads of gold every single time. I think most reasonable people would take that approach as well.

Ideally they allow you to copy your classic characters a single time to a server of your choosing. This allows you to maintain your classic character on those servers, while putting your character on a TBC server as well. If they were really concerned with the economy, they could only allow copies of characters above a certain level and institute a gold cap that your character is allowed to hold (they do this on live, and in the past the amount you could transfer was way smaller). Will people still hoard? Absolutely, but this might curb inflation a bit. Not a big deal either way though because there were people who had mountains of gold that many years ago as well.

That's about it honestly. Single character copies allow you to maintain you character on classic, without disrupting the economy too much (ideally, if done correctly). Again, I don't really care too much about the economy because most things in TBC were far more 'friendly' to farm, and assuming they use a later patch means that the struggles of having a billion consumables prior to the battle/defensive elixir change just isn't going to happen.

The only other option they have that is somewhat reasonable is starting everybody at 58 (except paladins for Horde, and shaman for Alliance). This is the lazy option though. It disrupts any sort of character progression you might have held and built upon in classic though, but potentially erases peoples concerns for those hoarding materials.

Single copies though, seriously. Limit the amount of gold you can bring over but either way, it doesn't matter to me. Some people having masses amount of gold really won't change the game, and to those thinking that this is going to be even remotely the same as it was that many years ago.. it's not. Having the economy skewed doesn't bother me nearly as much as starting a template character at level 58, or the worst option, starting at level 1.

Final thoughts? The no changes shit really needs to go. I love classic and still play it, but that subset of the community really hurt things about classic that could've been made better. The worst part of TBC from years ago was how the content was staggered. They should absolutely pace the raid and seasonal PvP content better, and make changes to things that were absolutely broken. Not having SSC/TK available from the start would be a fine change, pacing arena seasons better would be advised as well, and possibly implementing changes to arena so games (especially 2s) have time limits or some sort of dampening system (akin to live) would be positive changes IMO.

TBC can absolutely be stellar if they choose the best option to start the servers, have servers with people copied over a week or two prior (so they can have those copies transfer around, to make sure we have the correct amount of servers) and pace content correctly. You don't need to fix what isn't broken with TBC, but unlike classic, I think this is the perfect time to take some liberties to change things about the product.

Yes, I've been waiting for this since the announcement of Classic.