Page 1 of 2
LastLast

March has ended - No Alpha Still.. WTF.

Well, looks like we know Shadowlands will most likely be BfA 3.0. We've seen 0 (yes, ZERO) information about it since November (yes, NOVEMBER LAST YEAR). Not good. No alpha. No beta. No testing. This is a recipe for a BfA repeat.

What in the world could be happening at Blizzard? No excuse for this amount of secrecy and all these delays. Maybe Shadowlands is being benched and they'll announce a different expac? It's all up in the air at this point.

What do you guys think?

Uhm. Delays happen my dude, also a worldwide pandemic going on if you haven't noticed.
    Something easily could have gone wrong with development and they now need more time, possible Shadowlands will be delayed till 2021 if it doesn't come late 2020.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I'd wager they were scheduled to start their alpha sometime in March and the coronavirus got their timeline screwed up so now they're trying to figure out how they want to approach things.

If I had to guess I'd say we won't hear much for another month or so, but I don't really expect Shadowlands to be pushed back to 2021, we're still a ways out from that being necessary.

Maybe Sylvanas got the coronavirus and died and now we can hopefully have an expansion about Warcraft and not some fucking shit about Heaven and Earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is a alpha you are just not in it ( nor am i)

dont care that much either way will play it if it releases this year or next /shrug

Honestly, what did you expect? We are in the middle of a pandemic, Blizzard is affected by it too.

Also, give them a break. They get shit if they are to quick to release stuff, or get shit if they release things to slow.

Rarely with Blizzard has rushing things been a good thing, it has often ended bad. When they have spendt theyre time well and good its often ended well.

It really doesnt matter once SL is out. When its out, everyone will try it out and forget the time spendt waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    There's a global pandemic virus going around, in case you haven't noticed.
    Impossible, they are expected to work around the clock! If they get sick, mop up the corpses and keep going until that BFA 10.0 is released!

15+ Year Old Account
    No idea tho, did we have enough info back in the days? I remember how hyped we were during WoD -- remember how it went? And you probably dont know if they already started to alphatest it.
    Maybe this time they really learn from mistakes, polish before showing anything. they know they did great job with movies, but everything else... They have to fix it, I really hope they understand.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I think alpha is up and running but it's only employees, friends and family with NDA. Maybe there won't be any alpha version for bigger playerbase without NDA. Maybe when they put it out it will already be beta.

They are not benching it, they are actively working on it as evident by the fact that they are pushing new alpha builds. It's hard to tell if there are any delays becuse you don't know what is their schedule. Of course it seem like a delay to not have alpha or beta for bigger playerbase right now if they aim at late summer, early fall release. But they might aim at Winter release, that's way more time. Still I think the coronavirus situation might have put some delays on Blizzard becasue it affects a lot of industries.

Alpha is up, what do you think are all those encrypted patches for ? but anyway, we need BETA NOW

It is a bit weird, especially because with the corona pandemic they'd have way more potential free testers to play their alpha/beta. Really hope they just delay the expansion release until at least end of this year if not at some point next year.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    We are getting alpha either next week or the week after.

calm your panties.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Uhm. Delays happen my dude, also a worldwide pandemic going on if you haven't noticed.
    You honestly expect any of the oblivious sociopaths that frequent this site to know/care about what is going on outside of their basements?

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Well, looks like we know Shadowlands will most likely be BfA 3.0. We've seen 0 (yes, ZERO) information about it since November (yes, NOVEMBER LAST YEAR). Not good. No alpha. No beta. No testing. This is a recipe for a BfA repeat.

What in the world could be happening at Blizzard? No excuse for this amount of secrecy and all these delays. Maybe Shadowlands is being benched and they'll announce a different expac? It's all up in the air at this point.

What do you guys think?
    I think u need to chill out.

Shadowlands was obviously in early development at blizzcon. Honestly I’m not even sure if they were ready to announce it at blizzcon but probably did anyways since players get upset over everything.

Let's just get through this first!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol you been watching the news my dude?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost as if there has been possible delays from the virus that is causing the entire company to work from their own homes instead of an office. Nothing was promised either, and the faults of BFA lied primarily with Blizzard's lack of communication, not development time. BFA was easily salvageable in the alpha and beta if they opened their ears. Shadowlands isn't doomed until you start seeing Blizzard making changes and announcements during the testing stages and double down on them despite overwhelming community outcry.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2020-03-28 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post

What do you guys think?
    I think that people like you need to shut up.

You have people dying by thousands due to virus nobody has any clue how to cure, whole companies including Blizzard are literally closed and people are working from home (if lucky) and you're like "WTF BLIZZURD Y NO GAEMZ???".

Yeah, they are a bit busy trying to dodge the bullet together with all of us, I'd say alpha is not THE priority there at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread wins MMO-C special award of the week.

Alpha version has been out for weeks now so obviously the playerbase is not going to test that one.

I mean there is a global pandemic happening right now.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see SL pushed back to March 2021. That’s no fault of their own.