Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardac View Post
    The best time for the scourge was the pre-wrath event. An infection that got harder to cleanse. The time to turn got lower. etc.
    - I remember standing under Adal with a few other randoms in a last stand against tons of undead.
    - I remember watching a player in the air and afk by the aldor rise as a player zombie went up the lift. At the top he did a running leap to infect the afk guy before falling to its own death. haha
    - I also remember infecting people with the plague.

Once wrath started, they became just another villain to slay. Arthas held back a lot so the greatest would gather and attack him, but he could have easily controled swarms of undead to zerg down on us in the night at the settlements of Northrend, just a little hard to do that in a mmo.
    Damn good times!

It began so innocently: a pile of Conspicuous Crates appeared in just one town, Booty Bay. Players who inspected them became infected. The disease had a 10-minute countdown:

omg omg omg...

Can't believe that I'm saying this but... I mostly agree with what darkoms has to say. That's completely unbelievable to me. The thing that I find to be incorrect is that he called the Scourge "overrated" and not, "a complete joke". If I'd been present at Blizzcon 2019 when Ion started explaining the pre-patch I would've started laughing hysterically. The continued touting of the scourge as anything other than being completely irrelevant is, and always will be, hilarious.

I should note, I only agree with the original topic of the thread. Everything else stated in this thread by darkoms is a complete fabrication/headcanon.
    Last edited by defibrillator; 2020-05-11 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by defibrillator View Post

I should note, I only agree with the original topic of the thread. Everything else stated in this thread by darkoms is a complete fabrication/headcanon.
    What exactly? Give an example

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    So Galakrond was more of a mortal problem. Alexstrasza never felt a threat to herself. She sends players to stop Galakrond's awakening because he was a threat to mortals; she even says that if the Scourge lifts him, all mortal efforts will be in vain. She does not consider him as an important threat as Malygos and does not intervene personally. That's it. It was one weakened Keeper (the Keepers lost most of their strength after the ordering of Azeroth) and 5 proto dragons. In this case, it will be one whole Aspect. Even Deathwing barely defeated Alexstrasza (Chronicles). You also forget that it will be undead Galakrond . Against, you know, THE ASPECT OF LIFE. She will simply destroy him; he is vulnerable against her powers.
    lol? nature literally decay and die around undeads, and even the cenarius circle is struggling to heal plaguelands. if really life and nature is weak to necromancy.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol? nature literally decay and die around undeads, and even the cenarius circle is struggling to heal plaguelands. if really life and nature is weak to necromancy.
    And in the Sanctuary of the Emerald Dragons, there is a spell that instantly destroys any undead under the control of the Lich King.

Sorry for the necropost, but what's in the prepatch? Has the Scourge destroyed all life on Azeroth?)
    I remember that in one of the datamines Mueh'zala said that Azeroth is in ruins, but I do not know if this line is still relevant.