Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I don't need to remind you anything, Blizzard decided in their story that the Scourge is a global threat that must be dealt with immediately. Anything else is headcanon.
    Global threat doesnt mean eradicate all life on azeroth.

Covid is a global threat, but it wont eradicatd all life on earth.

And again, the scourge gets stopped easily in the prepatch.

And when we take Uther as lore source, then so we can take Rhonin. Oldgods make Sageras beg for a swift death

btw, I don't deny that the Scourge ain't a threat.

I only ridicule the Scourge is a bigger threat without the fully powered LK control and his army thing.

currently, the Scourge isn't even that big.

one dead Elf already wrekted half of his army

- - - Updated - - -

Not 1 year after. That'd mean that TBC lasted 2 years, when it only lasted 1. We don't know how much time passes between 2.4 and 3.0, but definitely less than one year.
    TBC is in year 26.

WotLK is in year 27.

Idk if it's half a year or not a full year but its still more legit than BfA and SL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Global threat doesnt mean eradicate all life on azeroth.

Covid is a global thread, but it wont eradicatd all life on earth.

And again, the acourge gets stopped easily in the prepatch.

And when we take Uther as lore source, then so we can take Rhonin. Oldgods make Sageras beg for a swift death
    Except that Scourge does indeed have the capability to eradicate all life on Azeroth. From Blizzcon presentation and Shadowlands panel, which I am listening right now and am quoting exact words:

"Terenas warned us that there must always be a Lich King, and now for the first time there isn't one. Death is coming and if we want to stand a chance we'll have to go to Shadowlands. This time, as we've been warned by Terenas, the helm of domination was essential to keeping the undead of Azeroth in-check. Without it, what are they doing? They are rampaging across the world, Scourge invasion 2.0. In the weeks leading up to Shadowlands, as the heroes of Azeroth fiight to defend their homes and friends from the undead invasion, they will muster their forces and attempt to attack Icecrown Citadel and the source of this evil."

And no, you don't know if the Scourge gets "easily stopped in the pre-patch", no one knows what happens in the pre-patch aside from the fact we have to stop this invasion that threatens to consume the entire world.

Also, Rhonin never said Old Gods would make Sargeras beg for a quick death.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    TBC is in year 26.

WotLK is in year 27.

Idk if it's half a year or not a full year but its still more legit than BfA and SL.
    Or it could just be 11 months of TBC, 1 month of peace and then WotlK starts.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Or it could just be 11 months of TBC, 1 month of peace and then WotlK starts.
    if you want to be insanely pick then sure

same way people take 10,000 years as a literal 10,000 year but you won't see people say 10,001 or 9,999
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

if you want to be insanely pick then sure

same way people take 10,000 years as a literal 10,000 year but you won't see people say 10,001 or 9,999
    How is that insane lol? It seems like a reasonable assumption that it would take 11 months for the whole Outland campaign against Illidan, battle against Zul'jin, and battle against Kil'jaeden and Kael'thas. Especially since in-game event make it seem like there can't be much time between 2.4 and 3.0, because Shattrath is still relevant for the WotLK pre-event. Putress and others were there trying to find a way to counter the plague.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

In the War of the Ancients, Krasus notes that even Sargeras would beg for a quick death if the Old Gods escaped. Its in the third book.

And in your quote the scourge sounds even less threatening. Nothing of eradicating all life. And even if, you cant compare todays situation with woltk time when all ancient beings were at full power. Hell Ysera is even kinda dead

How is that insane lol? It seems like a reasonable assumption that it would take 11 months for the whole Outland campaign against Illidan, battle against Zul'jin, and battle against Kil'jaeden and Kael'thas.
    seems more reasonable to assume half a year rather than 11.

really, both you and me can use it so we can win the argument

In the War of the Ancients, Krasus notes that even Sargeras would beg for a quick death if the Old Gods escaped. Its in the third book.

And in your quote the scourge sounds even less threatening. Nothing of eradicating all life. And even if, you cant compare todays situation with woltk time when all ancient beings were at full power. Hell Ysera is even kinda dead
    Alright, hold on, I'm going to reread the entirety of the third book to find that one line. I'll be back in one month.

"Marauding across Azeroth", "Defending your friends, families and homes" doesn't sound threatening to you?

Alright.

seems more reasonable to assume half a year rather than 11.

really, both you and me can use it so we can win the argument
    I guess, point is the gap between TBC and WotLK is the same as the gap between BfA and Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-04-04 at 10:23 AM.

I guess, point is the gap between TBC and WotLK is the same as the gap between BfA and Shadowlands.
    not really if the SL takes place in year 33 like BfA where you can literally argue that it took a few hours after the last battle with N'zoth which seems much more sense
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-04-04 at 10:27 AM.

Its one of the most famous quotes in the book, close second to azshara being comapared with archimond.

And yes, it sounds like a threat for MORTALS.

You will see no dragon scream as a few mindless undead walk towards their home. A farmer on the other hand will

Alright, hold on, I'm going to reread the entirety of the third book to find that one line. I'll be back in one month.
    yep, Krasus said that.

- - - Updated - - -

Its one of the most famous quotes in the book, close second to azshara being comapared with archimond.
    hey she wasn't compared to Archie.

only that she is stronger than Foddernoth and weaker than Sargie and Archie.

And yes, it sounds like a threat for MORTALS.

You will see no dragon scream as a few mindless undead walk towards their home. A farmer on the other hand will
    If it's such a famous quote, I wonder why you can't just copy paste it here.

Also, Ion makes no distinction between mortals and demigods. He doesn't even propose how the aspects could potentially help. Neither did anyone, in-universe character or Blizzard, ever point out how olds gods and other demi-gods might have disproved Terenas' statement.

"A few mindless undead", again underplaying what the story clearly presents as a serious global threat.

5+ Year Old Account
    The scourge is so level 80..... whateverrrr

She was compared. She just lost the comparison , which got proofen multiply time :>

She was compared. She just lost the comparison , which got proofen multiply time :>
    nah, it was stated that she is above that Pit Lord but below Archimonde and Sargeras.

it was never stated that she was comparable to those two.

I sadly only have the book in german. But the other one already stated it to be true a post earlier.

......really? because Ion doesnt state. Hey , yeah fear for your homes. Btw here is a list of characters which are not in danger.

that is your argument?

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was something like ,, only his masters may be above her in strengthˋ´ something vague.

But Archimonde didnt even look at her later , so it doesnt matter

I sadly only have the book in german. But the other one already stated it to be true a post earlier.

......really? because Ion doesnt state. Hey , yeah fear for your homes. Btw here is a list of characters which are not in danger.

that is your argument?
    Okay then, since you are obviously sincere and honest guy and have never lied to me in the past, I will believe anything you say /s.

Also, that's not my argument. My argument is that the story clearly presents the Scourge as a serious threat that not even the aspects could easily defeat. Otherwise throughout the years there would be some piece of information that would disprove Terenas' statement. Instead Shadowlands actually proved him right.

When people say that Terenas was wrong, they are simply speculating things. Even before Shadowlands, there was nothing in the story that proved him wrong. You can't even use things like "Lei Shen > Lich King" to prove him wrong because he wasn't referring just to Lich King but to the entire Scourge.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-04-04 at 10:38 AM.

ˋ´the key that would open the gates of their prison [the demon soul]... and if that happened, even Sargeras would find himself pleading for the peace of death."

Rather, Mannoroth discovered that here was a force against which only his lord and Archimonde would prove superior.
    that was the exact quote I think.

but yeah, pretty much.

ˋ´the key that would open the gates of their prison [the demon soul]... and if that happened, even Sargeras would find himself pleading for the peace of death."
    No page number or anything like that?

Anyway, even if that quote were real, it still wouldn't be the same thing. Chronicles proved it wrong, whereas we know from Shadowlands, as I quoted earlier (you can find the videos on youtube, one is the Shadowlands trailer reveal and the other is the Shadowlands panel) that Terenas' statement was indeed right in the end. Ion even highlighted how it's a big deal that, for the first time in history, there isn't a Lich King to keep the undead hordes at bay.

Actually I shouldn't be too hasty in judging that quote, because even if titans have been confirmed >>> Old Gods, that quote can still be interpreted as "If the Old Gods broke free, they'd corrupt Azeroth and turn it into a Void titan capable of destroying the cosmos", at which point Sargeras would indeed admit defeat, since his goal is stopping the birth of a void titan. So that quote can still be considered true.