Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Are people really defending NOT interrupting?

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    that's not a resource cost...
    As a shadow priest you have to surrender a 4 second stun, it's a resource, you can't have two, with ABC time spent not casting is a resource, and during a void form interrupting your cast is detrimental, because your main resource is constantly draining.

As a mage, ABC is a thing, sometimes you won't be able to double-dip into a crit chance as fast as you need (interrupt fireball to counterspell, only to start casting it again, because you already have instant pyro ready), or waste your CD uptime (basically -2 seconds off your RoP usage)

Warlocks have to use felhunter, which stops you from using a dispel / oh shit button
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It's horrible, at 10m+ mythic i meet so many ppl who don't know basic tactics for mobs and affixes. Tactics.... pulling all around, soaking every thing they find...explosive week now, i guess is like 50% my 10+ mythic finished before first boss, or short after cause dps can't target explosives. I guess most ppl think that other gonna kill it, and everyone in grp think like this but finally boom>enrage> rage quit....We should stop complaining so much I every time trying explain a basics if i see ppl dont know, but it's doesn't work ppl
    treat it in wrong way and i ending like a boor. No gold recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Warlocks have to use felhunter, which stops you from using a dispel / oh shit button
    Not to mention Felhunter is universally inferior dps-wise, so you're losing dps every second it's out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    i find it hard to believe some random raid from BFA would draw in more players than the battleground patch in classic
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    FruitySalad boy, this is a fantastic thread and is really going places. I just want to make sure I'm on page one of what is bound to be a long lasting and productive thread. It's amazing there are no other threads discussing the squish, as I'm confident you would have just posted in them if they did exist.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It can break your rhythm. It's another thing to have to watch out for. For many, it's a distraction. All of those have the potential for causing you to accidentally miss a GCD. I've had this argument a lot over the years.

Speaking as a ranged DPS here. I don't play melee specs. But I've had the conversation a few times. But to reiterate, I'll do it if needed. I also will do adds instead of bombing the boss. I prefer having support stuff to do.
    As a mage i use /stopcasting with counterspell, so it's not an issue of missing an interrupt, it's an issue of using your interrupt when it's not needed, as in, interrupting a worthless ability only to have your contrspell on cooldown when enemy casts a shadowball volley or something.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

As a shadow priest you have to surrender a 4 second stun, it's a resource, you can't have two, with ABC time spent not casting is a resource, and during a void form interrupting your cast is detrimental, because your main resource is constantly draining.

As a mage, ABC is a thing, sometimes you won't be able to double-dip into a crit chance as fast as you need (interrupt fireball to counterspell, only to start casting it again, because you already have instant pyro ready), or waste your CD uptime (basically -2 seconds off your RoP usage)

that's like saying feral and guardian druids interrupt is a resource cost because they can use it for mobility...

that's like saying feral and guardian druids interrupt is a resource cost because they can use it for mobility...
    Value of interrupt is much higher than of 15 yards charge, granted that one is a tank and doesn't need one, and second is a DPS with 30% movement speed, increased attack range, two sprints and another, longer ranged charge.

Point is, randomly spamming interrupts shouldn't be a thing, only important spells should be interrupted, dangerous packs should be skipped/CCd, dangerous bosses should have an interrupt rotation announced,

Value of interrupt is much higher than of 15 yards charge, granted that one is a tank and doesn't need one, and second is a DPS with 30% movement speed, increased attack range, two sprints and another, longer ranged charge
    what you said was ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Not to mention Felhunter is universally inferior dps-wise, so you're losing dps every second it's out.
    I thought that it isn't a thing since draenor or something and all pets do same damage now

Multiple, pretty easily understandable reasons.

1. Automatic LFG/LFR content does not require it at all, or it requires some interrupts, so only a couple people have to do it
    2. The game does not teach you anywhere that interrupting is something you should do and that it might be crucial in some scenarios.
    3. People don't want to spend too much time learning and diving deeper into game mechanics. Most just want to chill while facerolling their keyboards.

Personal story: I learned that there was a point to my pummel skill like a year after starting to play in Wrath. Was already doing normal raids (toc, icc) at that time I think too. Went to a dungeon with some friends once, and one of the old school friends was raging that no one is interrupting a spell that one of the mobs is casting. I asked what the hell does he mean, and then he explained that pummel, which I previously thought to be some broken useless ability, is actually used to interrupt spells that enemy mobs cast and it's sometimes useful to do.

THANKFULLY it seems that Blizzard is finally about to add some proper tutorial to basic mechanics connected to dungeons in SL. The new starting zone that is the same for all classes will be concluded with a dungeon like scenario, so hopefully things like interrupts will be covered. This game just relies too much on 3rd party sites, and learning its secrets from people who have been playing for years already. New players are completely lost.

The Lightbringer
    I know whenever I try to interrupt I always see a kick macro from a rogue meaning that my interrupt was wasted. still, tried though lol

Sounds like you pug.

Don't pug. Play with level headed players.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Sounds like you pug.

Don't pug. Play with level headed players.
    i pug because i want to play when i want to... not only when my friends want to play...

often the tank is the only one interrupting in a run, the dps just don't interrupt at all... there are so many of them... how do they not learn how to interrupt?
    because they get no benefit from interupting.

there should be a bonus like 400-500 haste for each succesfull interupt - then people would interupt everything.

or other significant bonus - like kinda "pushback" - each mob succesfully interupted while leveling gets stunned for 3-4 seconds,.

something significant enough for people to care about interupts

To be fair, if you're asking "how do they not learn", well, there isn't anything in game that teaches most classes or specs to interrupt at all. And, even provided they have gone through their spell-book and read the ability that does interrupt to know and actually are interrupting things, they won't know what ability to interrupt unless they specifically went out of their way to read through the dungeon journal -- and even then, individual trash mobs won't be listed, so players won't know which abilities to prioritize without enough experience to tell them what's dangerous and what isn't. In a world where players may not even have an interrupt on their bars, or even have their UI set to see when abilities on enemies they aren't attacking are casting something while tunnel-visioning to the mob they're trying to kill, there isn't any kind of DBM-like warning to tell a player what to look out for even if by chance they happened to be targeting the right thing. A player needs to click on a death recap to understand that, hey, this one thing did like 90% of their health, maybe that ability is dangerous. But hey, maybe just the tool-tip of that ability may not key them in on what mob it came from, or that the ability can be interrupted at all in the event the mob has been immune to other control abilities. It's not like clicking those prompts would take the player to the dungeon journal with the guide saying to interrupt the ability. The player has to go to the dungeon guide manually or click on the boss icon from the map or from a link in chat sent from another player - and not all dungeon runs are going to be full of helpful players. There are several layers of lack of direction and information to a player that can occur to make this a reality. DBM doesn't come pre-installed with WoW. Nor is the in-game prompt that says, "there are out-side resources you can use..." helpful in actually telling players what to get and where to go. Players can go years playing the game before making friends who can eventually deduce that their friend has actually been keyboard turning with no ability key-binds or addons their entire life. Hell, players nowadays come to WoW digitally - most players may not even be aware of any kind of manual they could read even if they wanted to. The closest people have nowadays are class guides written on various sites that, again, Blizzard isn't necessarily directing players to or even have available in-game.
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-03-30 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Survival Hunters trying to hit another 5-stack Mongoose Bite, a Shadow Priest trying to maintain Insanity during Void Form, or a Frost DK trying to keep their Breath of Sindragossa up, or a Balance Druid during Fury of Elune... all these kinds of windows are critical for maximizing resource effectiveness and damage, so while one GCD may not seem all that impactful for every spec, it can certainly be very important and make up a large portion of a player's damage in other specs - especially if neglecting it has a cascading effect on the damage they deal in the immediate future. It used to be that Interrupts were off the GCD, so people didn't have to worry about this, but I suppose that's neither really here nor there. There is also the consideration that sometimes, not killing targets when you need to may sometimes make them more dangerous than if they had just gotten that one cast of whatever ability off (like, I dunno, Bolstering or Bursting), though I think it's fair to assume in the situation the OP is describing probably wasn't the case.
    Interrupts don't trigger a GCD, they can do that whenever they want it to do, it only becomes a problem when you either have pre-requisites to be able to interrupt, or when you have to stop casting.

i pug because i want to play when i want to... not only when my friends want to play...
    ...then you reap the consiquences

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    something significant enough for people to care about interupts
    Well, not fucking dying and finishing dungeon is kinda significant thing you know

While playing with shitters m+ only gets harder for healers. They expect you to heal through everything and if there isn't enough dps it's also your fault for not doing damage.

Interrupts are crucial in a good group because it actually gives time for the healer to do damage.
    Ofc if the healer is shit he'll take the time to pick his nose instead.

Setting up a rotation works in some pugs, in others you can feel the confusion and it eventually becomes clear that those people not only don't know what an interrupt is but they also have no bloody idea what a rotation is to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    He came to that conclusion, because on higher level Mythic Keys you will have to interrupt or CC sometimes if you want or not. One missed Interrupt could mean death to some.
    Ah, then he didn't bother reading what I wrote then - that's how he came to the wrong conclusion.

Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

Don't panic.