Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Cut off the arm to save the body.

Blizzard need to much more critical when it comes to their own work. If something doesn't work, then just drop it. Don't spend months trying to save a lost cause only to end up with something which makes the game worse. With systems like the Azerite gear which from the beginning clearly didn't work they just need to make a clear cut and remove it from the game instead of using a lot of resources trying to fix something which is already lost. Azerite gear brought much more negatives to the game than positives and adding systems like that is only damaging. Especially when they use extra resources on them. Only a very small minority of players are going to look back at the Azerite gear with any positive feelings. The same thing can be said about the corruption gear. The situations where you feel bad because of the corruption just massively outweighs the times when you feel good. They shouldn't spend time and resources on these systems which just have a overall negative impact on the game. If something clearly doesn't work, they just need to put their proudness aside and cut it from the game. Simple as that.

If your game has fun content people will play it. Don't add negatives to it.

Good point, if it wasn't "If I personally don't like this, it should be removed"

I literally remove corruption from every character i got.
    I aint doing progressive raiding nor top mythic+ so i dont need whatever damage bonuses corruption effects give.

I was trying to find a way to enjoy the corruption mechanic for weeks but in the end just removing it was the best choice for my enjoyment of gameplay.
    No bullsh*t slow, no suicide illusions, no purple eye... awful unfun mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I aint doing progressive raiding nor top mythic+ so i dont need whatever damage bonuses corruption effects give.

I was trying to find a way to enjoy the corruption mechanic for weeks but in the end just removing it was the best choice for my enjoyment of gameplay.
    You know, you simply could keep all corruption that doesn't exceed your resistance, right? There is no drawback.

All mechanics you get to ignore by leveling your cloak

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    All mechanics you get to ignore by leveling your cloak
    And in the past you got the same effects with tier gear with zero negatives.

That's the great side of corruption. You can play around with it the way you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullp0inter View Post
    And in the past you got the same effects with tier gear with zero negatives.
    Except that you had to wear specific pieces of gear in specific slots. So not zero negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Except that you had to wear specific pieces of gear in specific slots. So not zero negatives.
    Sure, tier gear was mostly shit secondaries but that's also the case with corrupted items and I don't put that negative on the same level as
    Also, Legion legendaries. From each point I look at corrupted gear, I only see a downgraded system.

Sure, tier gear was mostly shit secondaries, but I don't put that on the same level as

Also, Legion legendaries. From each point I look at corrupted gear, I only see a downgraded system.
    the wise man bowed his head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad things. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

My sweet Infinite Stars rank 3 boots would like to disagree with you.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Sure, tier gear was mostly shit secondaries but that's also the case with corrupted items and I don't put that negative on the same level as

How great there is corruption resistance and also different tiers of corruption, right? right?...

The core idea of corruption is fantastic, fuck you guides, fuck you simcraft, fuck you metaslaves, i get to decide now with how much i play and how to handle it for the upped damage.

The problem is everything apart from that, the acquisition, the balance between traits, the massive rng involved easily differing your dmg over a 4 minute fight to +/-30% and so on and so forth.

I would get along with a lot of stuff if it kills the "just sim it" attitude (booooooooooring) but corruption sadly had the right idea with too many downsides.

Corruption bonuses are just too visually hard to spot and feel detached from the character (aside from seeing their effect on a dps meter).
    Corruption bonuses are very generic and boring and obviously are the same for all classes so the whole system is boring AF to me.

Legion legendaries, while far from perfect, actually felt very tied to your character and their effects were quite pronounced and noticeable in the game world (aside from dps meter).
    It was also cool that they were usually class specific (meaning each alt has something fun to explore/see) and that the downsides werent as annoying as Corruption mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    How great there is corruption resistance and also different tiers of corruption, right? right?...

The core idea of corruption is fantastic, fuck you guides, fuck you simcraft, fuck you metaslaves, i get to decide now with how much i play and how to handle it for the upped damage.

The problem is everything apart from that, the acquisition, the balance between traits, the massive rng involved easily differing your dmg over a 4 minute fight to +/-30% and so on and so forth.

I would get along with a lot of stuff if it kills the "just sim it" attitude (booooooooooring) but corruption sadly had the right idea with too many downsides.
    I want gear to be exciting again and blizzard is failing time and time again

Think about it right now if the expansion launched with no titan forging no random Jem slots and simply the base item with the ability to add corruption for the price of a currency then we would see some gear being very useful and you would have exciting Choices like with seabreeze

Yeah, fuck the guides, fuck the simcraft, fuck the meta, aside from the fact that the best way to determine your optimal corruption loadout is simcraft. Set the slider to your desired corruption maximum, 39 or 59, or 150 if you're a DH, select every corrupted piece you have, spits out what you should wear. There will always be an optimal setup, their best way to kill the "just sim it" mentality is to follow through on the stated desire to make every ilvl upgrade an actual upgrade. Corruption only made it worse.

fuck you simcraft
    Considering that you need simcraft to figure out the best combination, that's stupid.

If you have Corrupted piece A and B and are unwilling to go over a certain cap...how do you figure what's the better option?
    Like, Raidbots is not stupid, you can set your own corruption limit there and it will spit out the best result between your chosen options.

If you want "to beat" Simcraft, you have to simplify the gearing system, not randomize it even further.
    Raidbots only became so popular because Blizzard introduced War / Titanforging alongside random sockets, thus dumping a huge mess of randomnly improved items into simcraft became the only option to figure things out for yourself.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-03-30 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post
    Yeah, fuck the guides, fuck the simcraft, fuck the meta, aside from the fact that the best way to determine your optimal corruption loadout is simcraft. Set the slider to your desired corruption maximum, 39 or 59, or 150 if you're a DH, select every corrupted piece you have, spits out what you should wear. There will always be an optimal setup, their best way to kill the "just sim it" mentality is to follow through on the stated desire to make every ilvl upgrade an actual upgrade. Corruption only made it worse.
    You didn't get the point.
    You decide with how much corruption you play, you alone.
    And this thread already showed players not wanting ANY corruption while others might go to the barely possible/survivable.

That is great!

"Hey, I personally don't like that body part. Therefore it must not be important. Better cut it out".

You would make a great doctor!
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

You didn't get the point.
    You decide with how much corruption you play, you alone.
    And this thread already showed players not wanting ANY corruption while others might go to the barely possible/survivable.

That is great!
    Seems to me you didn't get the point. There is literally a slider on raidbots, you set your desired max corruption, which will always be 39, 59, or fucking bonkers if you're a DH or BM, and poof you're done. The decision is still made by simcraft, and if anything, gear choices are even more dependent on it now.

Azerite gear is probably the best thing that has happened to gearing.

Tier sets being more fun is a myth. They did the same thing: give you secondary passives.
    But they locked you out of 4-8 pieces of gear and only dropped from that one exact boss. You either had it lucky or you didn't. No alternative.
    Hc gloves dropping as an upgrade? Nah, normal gloves are set-pieces.

Azerite gear is versatile and can be acquired from many different places. Traits might be different but in the end you will always be able to get a new piece and change it.
    It got even better after the addition of another ring. Especially in Ny'alotha where they put the "stronger" traits on the gear by default.

It is infinitely better design to have a 460ilvl item and waiting for another 460ilvl item with better traits to drop from multiple sources,
    than having a 430ilvl or 445ilvl item and being forced to wear it until that 460ilvl wont drop from that one exact boss.
    You can't even argue this.