Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    he is doing a good job with it.
    Oh, I have a question! How do you feel about all the lies he has told?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Oh, I have a question! How do you feel about all the lies he has told?
    Same as I feel about every person who lies. I look at them overall and then consider how harmful their lies are in comparison to the good they do. If a person is looking for a perfect person to be President, then you are living on the wrong planet.

Now it is important to understand, there is a Trump bashing thread all devoted to this subject in case you might not know.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Now it is important to understand, there is a Trump bashing thread all devoted to this subject in case you might not know.
    No no, I'm fine, I'll stop derailing this thread I'm not invested in this, no reason to waste more energy to either liking or hating Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Well the comic book industry is pretty much dead. Not that it was very healthy to begin with, the years of slowly becoming obsolete in the wake of so many other forms of entertainment coming and taking its place, as well as the recent completely tone-deaf books targeting the SJW and Zoomer audiences, the first being a tiny minority that doesn't even buy comic books but just approves of the concept of SJW heroes, and the Zoomers not even giving a shit about comic books seeing that social media and Tik-Tok and Fortnite are their things, while at the same time pissing off the longtime comic book customers.

As of 2021, the comic book industry will join the Zoo and the Circus in obsolescence, becoming very niche entertainment for a very small audience.
    I was going to post something similar. Honestly, it's very sad to see an industry I loved become what it did, shiting on its actual fans for people that didnt even like comics to begin with.

Part of me thinks the current industry deserves this, after how much they spat in the face of genuine comic readers lately, I have no sympathy if these cringy wet tissue thin asshats are thrown out on the streets for ruining a once prosperous industry.
    On the other hand, because I held a small flicker of hope that the sjw mindset infecting comics industry would pass, that given time it might get back to how it once was, but in light of current events, I no longer see this industry surviving past this.

Independent comic book creators will keep the industry alive just, but it will be niche, and in one generation nobody will even know what a comic book is.

It's sad that after Stan Lee's death the industry he helped build would go this way so quickly
    #boycottchina

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing will change. Nothing will not revert back to normal. Unless something truly decimates out society, we are incapable of learning from our mistakes. The Left will try to go for M4A, along with a host of other socially progressive moves, and the Trump/GOP-right-wing-nuts will stall and blame and keep it business as usual.

What things will never come back you ask? Nothing.

The dead obviously, and there will be millions dead from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The dead obviously, and there will be millions dead from this.
    It depends. Millions in the world, Including China, India, Phillipines and the subsaharan countries? Maybe. This could have the same death toll of the 1957 influenza seasln. Millions in the west? Less likely. Hundred(s) of thousand(s) dead? A bit more likely.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    It depends. Millions in the world, Including China, India, Phillipines and the subsaharan countries? Maybe. This could have the same death toll of the 1957 influenza seasln. Millions in the west? Less likely. Hundred(s) of thousand(s) dead? A bit more likely.
    I am guessing a million in the US alone due to privatization of healthcare. After this I am guessing most countries will want universal.

I hope so too. But more than likely not. People can have short memories when it comes to history lessons.
    The US has no truly open borders tho. But i hope we see more screening and more rapid action when a disease strucks a zone
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Stricter regulations on markets for one, doubt much will change with regards to social etiquette.

Probably new temperature check screenings at airports.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I was going to post something similar. Honestly, it's very sad to see an industry I loved become what it did, shiting on its actual fans for people that didnt even like comics to begin with.

It's sad that after Stan Lee's death the industry he helped build would go this way so quickly
    The industry itself is more the problem than the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    Hopefully open borders.
    I hope so too. But more than likely not. People can have short memories when it comes to history lessons.
    Open borders where?

You mean like not allowing anyone ever to come into this country again to prevent a virus from another country?? Not allowing anyone from any country from leaving and entering another country?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The industry itself is more the problem than the pandemic.
    Well yeah, if the industry was healthier and gave actual comic fans what they wanted, giving them incentive to buy comics, rather then just appealing to the same toxic demographic like themselves, it might mean comic retailers might have stood a chance and survived this pandemic.
    When you have creators like Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld and Mike Mignola selling their original works to try and support comic retailers from closing, while the big industries themselves are doing f**k all to help them, that just show how bad things are now.
    #boycottchina

I do not need your pity. I am doing fine, thank you. And we shall get thru this pandemic. While it is very sad if you lose a loved one because of this crap ( or any other reason ), the country as a whole, has survived much worse and recovered in fine shape. And yes, I am among the majority ( according to most recent polls. ) which say he is doing a good job with it.

You and those who disagree will get your chance in a Nov. to express otherwise in the way which has some impact. Those who can't vote here? Well their opinion means nothing but that. I personally do not care.
    give it another few days and you will be in the minority son.

Public Approval of President Trump's Handling of the Coronavirus
    Polls in last 24 hours:

Reuters/Ipsos Approve 48, Disapprove 46
    Grinnell/Selzer Approve 49, Disapprove 47
    Economist/YouGov Approve 50, Disapprove 46
    Harvard-Harris Approve 50, Disapprove 50
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    give it another few days and you will be in the minority son.

Public Approval of President Trump's Handling of the Coronavirus
    Polls in last 24 hours:

Reuters/Ipsos Approve 48, Disapprove 46
    Grinnell/Selzer Approve 49, Disapprove 47
    Economist/YouGov Approve 50, Disapprove 46
    Harvard-Harris Approve 50, Disapprove 50
    Oh please, like people will vote for fucking Biden in the general elections. Trump will win even if his approval drops significantly.
    Hell, Biden may not even make it to the actual elections. His mind is already gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well yeah, if the industry was healthier and gave actual comic fans what they wanted, giving them incentive to buy comics, rather then just appealing to the same toxic demographic like themselves, it might mean comic retailers might have stood a chance and survived this pandemic. When you have creators like Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld and Mike Mignola selling their original works to try and support comic retailers from closing, while the big industries themselves are doing f**k all to help them, that just show how bad things are now.
    Can't argue.
    I thought I quit collecting back in the 90s, but then I began perusing issues of that first "Annihilation" series and I just had to indulge.
    I admit that was pretty much it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Can't argue.
    I thought I quit collecting back in the 90s, but then I began perusing issues of that first "Annihilation" series and I just had to indulge.
    I admit that was pretty much it though.
    I'll sometimes but up a series depending on the reviews if it's good writing and art. I almost never but comics that have just been released new anymore, preferring graphic novels with complete stories.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Exotic species market, I mean China is going to permanently ban this.

Also some small businesses, this recession caused by the virus will hurt small businesses growth too much.
    Its weird to see China actually banning stuff that contributed to this mess, meanwhile in the US we still can't get people to stay home for two weeks.

Literally all we had to do to stop the virus was to stay home...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be the catalyst that brings movie theaters to an end since the big studios are testing the waters with releasing movies straight to streaming. I imagine a lot of small businesses will not return. One of my favorite restaurants chose to temporarily close rather than do carry-out only. I really hope they come back, and I thought they would have done great with carry-out.

10+ Year Old Account
    tons of small business that prior covered those small niches large corporations wouldn't go near. see second hand used video game market,comic books, ethnic food restaurants, tabletop hobby shops, a lot of small town restaurants and businesses, stores that deal in a lot in secondhand items and any big businesses that are struggling financially already (gamestop for one). basically i expect to see 90% walmarts, chilis,best buys, targets, applebees, etc.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.