Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yup, the lore behind the boss is more important than the boss for me. I don't care who we're fighting or what mechanics they have, as long as they have a reason for being there. Bosses that have no lore hold no interest for me.

Yes it's really pleasing to see entire storyline ending up with raid

I maintain that Ulduar was more impactful because we met all the keepers before we had to go in there.

And then you've got things like Uldir, where I don't even know who the last boss was or what we were doing there because fuck telling both factions a story about something.

I didn't like "killing" illidan in Black Temple during progression. Was my favorite character back then.

Until his bow dropped.

It does to me, part of the reason I'm invested in playing WoW is because I enjoy the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I find I enjoy the game a lot more if I can ignore the story. Blizzard is really really bad at stories.
    Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Basically asking if the story of an expansion means anything to you as a player or if you just enjoy putting up numbers against a boss you know nothing about.
    Personally, it makes the boss way more interesting. But there's no contest between a filler boss with some story compared to a character that has been established and built up from expansions (and games) past, e.g.: Lady Deathwhisper vs The Lich King.

There are exceptions, of course, for example, I really like the story behind some bosses from Throne of Thunder, or MoP in general (like Megaera used to be a cloud serpent, and how Nalak was adopted by Lei Shen for his tempestuous ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) temper).

7+ Year Old Account
    Ye it does. I do like when we don't kill some no names, when boss actually interacts with you in previous questing zones.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'd take an enjoyable nobody over a boring big name any day. N'Zoth is not a fun fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Basically asking if the story of an expansion means anything to you as a player or if you just enjoy putting up numbers against a boss you know nothing about.
    Yes I generally care for the Raid more if the bosses have a certain story, I definitely love when there are bosses we meet through questlines and dungeons that appear in a raid! I hate when they just throw a random boss in for the sake of having more bosses

Yes, yes it does.

I prefer to go up against bosses with lore and significance behind them rather than anonymous punching bags.
    But I also understand that not all bosses can be given that amount of room.

I REALLY hated going against General Nazgrim in SOO...

Yes, I like to insult them as I play. So i need to know their story to really get in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has dropped the ball on............ Everything.

I used to but these days, not at all. The boss could be a Smurf and I wouldn't question it.

It means a lot to me. I felt completely disconnected from the entire game when I stepped into Uldir for the first time, I started out as Alliance, and we had absolutely zero information about Uldir, and it was incredibly frustrating to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually prefer some story behind my raid bosses. For example, I still wonder why we hunted down Elisande's gardener after we had just killed her Guard Captain and a guy who literally messes with space.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

No, I don't care.

I don't really play games for the plot, and if there's not a lot of it, the game is better for me personally. Or if it's based on some story I already know so that I can just focus on gameplay.

Also, I love how some people are trying to turn a thread about boss lore into a raids vs. achievement hunting drama. How hard is it to just let people do what they want?

10+ Year Old Account
    It certainly helps me give enough of a shit to deal with shrieking autists who flip their shit over minor mistakes, or to put up with a raiding guild's schedule, if there's motivation beyond purple text on the item's tooltip and numbers that do more numbers against other numbers.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it enhances the feeling of killing a raid boss and it used to add a lot to the game. However, I've found that I still enjoy killing raid bosses today despite having no investment in the lore of the game anymore.

To be honest, I barely have a clue what is going on with the main 'story' characters.

For example, I have no idea why Wrathion turned into a dragon at for the first boss of the Ny'lotha raid, and then appears to help us through the rest of the raid, and I have no idea why we killed Azshara only to have her held captive in Ny'lotha, free her, and then take tips from her for killing Nzoth?

As to any lore behind the multitude of tentacles that we are forced to destroy in Ny'lotha, what lore can there be? They are generally just eyeballs on tentacles!~?!

Yes, absolutely.