[Early View] Soulbind Calculator (a lot of "meh" or even useless choices IMO)

So there is an alpha Soulbind calculator on wowhead

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/soulbind-calc

--------------------

Im a huge nerd for customization in gameplay...and it breaks my hearts seeing so many useless choices...in a system i was so excited about.

For example Bonesmith Heirmir is complete garbage. Take a look
    His LAST trait is to cast spells for 10 seconds...after you die

Before that is a choice between:
    1) More mount speed when u get hit
    2) Receive extra materials when you do arena battlegrounds, raids or dungeons

Before that, one option is completely overpowered compared to the other ones.
    Do you want 20% more crit rating for 10 seconds every minute....OR....you want 25% increased mov speed once per minute

Lets take a look at Emeni
    Congratulations to the developer that invented this trait.
    He managed to create the most useless option in the entire game. He needs a prize:
    Cartilaginous Legs: After taking falling damage, the health lost becomes a shield lasting 30 sec.

---------

There are way too many examples of useless choices for combat AND way too many soulbinds are only usefull for Mythic+ dungeons (aka "when target dies do something)

I know i am biased because all i think about is customization in gameplay...but man...is hard to imagine anyone being excited about many of this choices...
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-04-23 at 03:20 AM.

I can actually explain this: the empty conduits, which you slot in, are the ones that actually affect your spells and damage.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311964/...-alpha-preview

The current iteration of the system is based on three different Soulbind Conduits: Throughput, Survival, Utility.
    So most of the, if not all of the, partner-specific abilities are just fluff or some extra utility while the slots YOU control are what actually matter.

They seem to want the actually strong abilities being stuff that you choose: be it the conduit slots, the covenant ability or the craftable legendaries. You shouldn't be locked into a "shitty soulbind" because of the covenant you picked.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    The reason there aren't any 'real' choices left is that if they put something useful in, some guide will compute to the nth degree which choice is 1.2% better than everything else, and that's all will people use, and will kick people who don't.

That's why you get the kind of crap that serves for 'choices' now.
    True...if the entire thing was crap.
    But there are some powerfull ones on the mix...completely random.
    Heck sometimes even the first choice is the most overpowered one.

Im so confused

#still alpha

I know
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-04-17 at 03:47 AM.

Yeah it looks like DPS will have only one path, pvp players may have something different and tanks/healers will take another path. It doesn't even look like a choice now.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I can actually explain this: the empty conduits, which you slot in, are the ones that actually affect your spells and damage.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311964/...-alpha-preview

So most of the, if not all of the, partner-specific abilities are just fluff or some extra utility while the slots YOU control are what actually matter.
    But some are overpowered on the mix.
    This would be fine if all the options were "crap"

And u can use conduits on any soulbind