Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Most fun glitch/bug that happened to you in WoW

So I played my druid when this happened:

It made me smile...never seen this happening....

That made me thinking....what was wierdest of most fun bug/glitch that happened to you?

Back in BC I was in Shattrath City when out of nowhere the Shattrath City Peacekeepers ran over and killed me. I was not doing a quest, pvp is not allowed, and you can't set any factions to At War to attack npcs in the city and yet they charged after me and I never stood a chance.

One time on my druid my forms simply could not load in. I was fighting in tauren form whether I was a cat or a bear, swimming as a tauren. And swimming through the air as a tauren instead of using flight form. Yeah I know this can happen frequently if you zone in somewhere quickly, but it was like this for almost four hours. Until a mob put me in combat right as I jumped off a cliff and I got travel form instead of flight form but didn't see a difference until I went splat. Was back to normal after I rezzed.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I'd call it fun-fun, but sometime in WoD or early Legion, I used heroic leap under water in Silvershard Mines and Blackrock Foundry and fell through the World and could run around down there, seeing the raid/BG like 100 yards above me. I could even mount!

Weapon not sheathing when mounted, and riding with it in hand, looking very badass.

During WOTLK I bought a race change. After changing the race of that character, the service wasn't spent, the tag for race changing remained there, allowing me to do it again free of charge. I didn't report this bug.
    Over time I race changed that characted several times for free, before deciding to finally report it. The GM didn't penalyze me for abusing the bug, though.

Meat spins.

Also, I glitched my Shadow Priest in the WoD pre-patch to have the 50% damage buff from Holy. I got shadowbanned from WCL for doing this but I kept it until my Priest was level 100. I kind of wish I'd kept it longer, lol.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-04-03 at 07:59 AM. Reason: wrong expansion

Entering a crack in Shattrath before Black Temple opened would port you to a parallel dimension where you could roam trough the maps without any textures, and we made it inside Black Temple! It was weird, but got boring fast.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Weapon not sheathing when mounted, and riding with it in hand, looking very badass.

During WOTLK I bought a race change. After changing the race of that character, the service wasn't spent, the tag for race changing remained there, allowing me to do it again free of charge. I didn't report this bug.
    Over time I race changed that characted several times for free, before deciding to finally report it. The GM didn't penalyze me for abusing the bug, though.
    That second bug happened to a dude in my guild back in ToT. We used to joke about him keeping single-handedly keeping Blizzard profitable because he'd race change literally every raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a glitch but back in wotlk I jumped from the Darnassus tree to the GM island and there was 3 gamemasters talking or something (no chat bubbles etc). I was standing next to them and did different emotes and 2 of em emoted back. That continued like 2 mins and then they realized that I am not a GM

10+ Year Old Account
    Pft I see most of you are wrath babies with the "back in Wotlk" bunch of children!

Anyway I remember in vanilla (I was a human paladin before changing to blood elf later on) in SW city there was a bug where you could climb the wall of the Auction and get up in the roof haha was fun indeed.

I could hold my staff while spellcasting.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the Black Temple PTR, they forgot to disable the /console port and summon commands for players. EVERYONE was teleporting to and from everyone else, including into the as-yet-unreleased BT raid for corpse selfies with all the bosses. PvP was insane, WSG was of course impossible. Most fun I've ever had in WoW.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That second bug happened to a dude in my guild back in ToT. We used to joke about him keeping single-handedly keeping Blizzard profitable because he'd race change literally every raid.
    The GM I reported it to, said he didn't see a race change tag on my account from his end. He actually had to log into my account to see it. So this bug was completely hidden from the system at that time, and not raising red flags.

For a period during Wrath, whenever I ported to Silvermoon City after participating in a Wintergrasp battle, I was able to use my flying mount and fly around the city.

These are the only screenshots I could find of it ever happening. It only worked for a month or two, and I don't think a lot of people ever knew about it because who would go to Silvermoon immediately after doing Wintergrasp? I can't even remember why I was out there.
    Last edited by Bwgmon; 2020-04-03 at 08:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Wrath on my Undead Mage. I could mount up on my Blizzcon Bear Mount and then mount on one of the new flying carpets and ride the bear on a carpet. Then if I click the carpet mount buff off I would stay on the bear but as epic flying speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to love wall climbing back in the day. Back when WSG had no time limit, I'd snag the alliance flag and then climb up the cliff side surrounding the BG. I'd sit up there laughing hysterically since the game wouldn't end until I jumped down with it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

My brother and I actually discovered the electroshock therapy bug that effectively allowed you to pull mobs from hundreds of yards away, through walls/LoS etc. You could use it to pull the timed boss in Culling of Stratholme through the gate and finish the mount run in 5 minutes, for example. And also to pull final bosses in some instances from the start, etc. It led to some hilarious situations.

As for the most fun bug I've ever seen if not personally experienced, it has to be Warlocks enslaving Brutallus and going on a rampage with a raid boss as pet.

My toon stuck on a long boy while doing waycrest XD

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    My brother and I actually discovered the electroshock therapy bug that effectively allowed you to pull mobs from hundreds of yards away, through walls/LoS etc. You could use it to pull the timed boss in Culling of Stratholme through the gate and finish the mount run in 5 minutes, for example. And also to pull final bosses in some instances from the start, etc. It led to some hilarious situations.

As for the most fun bug I've ever seen if not personally experienced, it has to be Warlocks enslaving Brutallus and going on a rampage with a raid boss as pet.
    Picture please

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Playing in the 2vs2 arena, my teammate and i got into the arena, where the battle was already going on between 3vs3. So in total 5vs5 with 4 team (2v2(2) and 3v3(2))
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.