Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I managed to solo 5 mask org on me 456 lock no problem 2 weeks ago to get chieve but the stormwind 1 is way harder, i actually died to 2 packs of rats from corpses as i was running around to do the gnome i left till last just before i needed to kill Final boss in cathedral. I've not logged in since then last weekend.....pissed me off that much i've given up with this expansion thats how hard it hit me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    I'm guessing you mean Rexxar first so you have drums for Thrall?

Yea with the damage increase + sanity drain reductions on those levels even if you take it somewhat slow there's not much pressure. Sloppy play will account for the majority of vision fails.
    Yup, that's what I meant.

Rexxar is absolutely trivial if you take it slow and let the boars come out and die one at a time. First time I got through 5 mask I screwed up rather early but got through valley of honor + thrall with no orbs and no res. The DHs in my guild who complain about Rexxar and think SW is much easier than org absolutely blow my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I'm a 463 Havoc DH with a rank 14 cloak and I've attempted 6 +5 masks and STILL cannot complete them due to the UNLUCKIEST f*cking RNG in the world.

Armsmaster in Stormwind, I get knocked into the disorient, he then does his blade flurry and I sit in the entire duration of it because of disorient. Waste my cheat death plus lose another 300 sanity.

Get through that, get to the big mob before Shaw, get feared into a disorient into touch of the abyss into disorient again, kill those, pop my orb, right as the orb spawns, I die due to loss of sanity.

This happens almost every single run I attempt, I get some massive RNG bullsh*t that completely cucks me.

Just to add to the unlucky streak i'm currently on with this DH, I haven't had a decent upgrade from a weekly chest in almost 3 months and I'm only 463 ilvl.
    While RNG does happen, after 6 fails in a row, it's probably not RNG anymore, but you doing something wrong.
    I play in total around 15-18 visions a week across 6 characters, 3 of those chracters do 5 mask, and i have only failed 1 and that was due to disconnect, which is guess is bad RNG. As for actual runs i have failed (and keep in mind 15-18 visions a week, not since week 1 obviously, but at this point i have done well over 100 visions) it's probably around 5. I learned from all of them, and never made that mistake again, and all 5 of them were kinda unique cases. As for recent ones (meaning past first 2 weeks where i knew nothing) i have failed 3.
    I failed one on my monk on a 4 mask rexxar. I was used to doing it on mage and DH, which are both 475 ilvl, but my monk is 448, so when i tried to blast him ST, i got run over by the adds, but i learned from that and never made the mistake of trying to push ST if i didn't have the damage.
    Then i tried to do the out of bounds skip in wisdom on my DK. I knew it was possible, but had never seen it nor practiced it, so i just went for it, and it procced my cheat death, then i got the angle, but then got the ring around that disorientates right as i was about to get out and i died. Now if i was like you i would have cried bad RNG on that, however i sat down watched it back, and realized that i could have just waited for it to pop, before going for the skip, in which case i would not have gotten it during it, cause it's on an internal cooldown. So now i never make that mistake again.
    Lastly i made the naowh mistake. I was on my DK fighting the pack right in front of rexxar, and i accidentally positioned myself with my back to the down stairs building and got headbutted down there and died. Again i could cry RNG, due to being stunned in that position, but the lesson is just to never be in that position to begin with.

Now don't get me wrong, there are a lot of bullshit RNG in visions, and it's infuriating, however a lot of it can be played around with experience and knowledge.
    Disorientated into blade flurry has the simple counterplay to either engage her right after it has popped, or when your screen starts to get purple you move out of her flurry range, or as a DH just face the exit of the ring and dash taking maybe 1 tick, or even just dashing through the wall will take you out of flurry before disorientating you.
    What feared you? that mob has no fear ability, so guess you stood in your thing on the group that is 100% dodgable. Sure it was unlucky that it stringed together like that, but in the end it was your own fault, completely devoid of RNG, though there is a nasty overlap that sometimes happen where you get your thing on the ground right as you are about to spawn the disorientate, but if you got that, then you should not get another disorientate before you have killed the big mob.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I've been playing since early TBC and I cannot think of content which has as routinely severely, severely upset me as much as Visions do. I'm a guy that absolutely fucking loathes doing dailies so to waste an entire fucking Vessel on garbage RNG or other nonsense is infuriating on a level that's hard to put into words. It's been bad enough that I've had to straight up stop playing the game for days at a time.

Challenging content is fine. Tying that content to a finite resource which is only able to be grinded through a single form of (fairly boring) content is not.
    Preach brother. I fucking hate dailies and visions.

I'm a 463 Havoc DH with a rank 14 cloak and I've attempted 6 +5 masks and STILL cannot complete them due to the UNLUCKIEST f*cking RNG in the world.

Armsmaster in Stormwind, I get knocked into the disorient, he then does his blade flurry and I sit in the entire duration of it because of disorient. Waste my cheat death plus lose another 300 sanity.

Get through that, get to the big mob before Shaw, get feared into a disorient into touch of the abyss into disorient again, kill those, pop my orb, right as the orb spawns, I die due to loss of sanity.

This happens almost every single run I attempt, I get some massive RNG bullsh*t that completely cucks me.

Just to add to the unlucky streak i'm currently on with this DH, I haven't had a decent upgrade from a weekly chest in almost 3 months and I'm only 463 ilvl.
    I am afraid, this is a get good issue.

Some tips:
    time your pulls according to when you had the disorient last spawn
    you can double jump out of the cercle...
    you can also jump > disengage out of it.
    you should time your titan proc for big pulls.

Ohhhhh boy.. So I almost did my first 5 mask in Stormwind and I managed to fail

went Mage first because it fucked me last time, was an easy kill however for some reason before I got to the mage I was stuck in combat, couldn't find the mob that had me in combat so I ended up using my cheat death (great...).

Shaw was my last zone, got to the miniboss before shaw very easily, decided to kill some trash before I aggro'd it so I could proc gift, for some reason the miniboss aggro'd me so had to fight it plus all the trash I was killing. Ended up getting silenced with no fury, got caught in a fear because I couldn't see the floor with all the trash, got out of the silence but had no fury and died again.

I had a very similar thing happen on my Hunter, so for today.. I am 4 vision runs, 4 fails.

I understand the fear thing I can avoid, sure, I just didn't expect the miniboss to aggro me when I was absolutely nowhere near him... and then the combat bug in mage quarter? seems a bit fucking ridiculous... Either way, i'm extremely unlucky and this game is pure f*cking bullsh*t.

rant over.

I just didn't expect the miniboss to aggro me when I was absolutely nowhere near him.
    Come on bro. This is just a lie. Of course you were near him. Stop making excuses.

- - - Updated - - -

and then the combat bug in mage quarter?
    It's not a bug. You were probably in combat with one of the eyes. They don't move.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way, i'm extremely unlucky and this game is pure f*cking bullsh*t.
    You're not unlucky. All the scenarios you describe are simply you fucking up. Stop with all the excuses.

- - - Updated - - -

rant over.
    Once you have completed a few runs and realized your mistakes you will feel very stupid about these rants.

It's even worse that he absolutely only says that these are bugs or bad rng, when they are very obvious fails from his side.
    Play - saver ; don't - do - stupid - things ; zoom out, then you can't miss enemies that you aggro (yes, there are people that don't play zoomed out, pulling EVERYTHING because they don't see it)

So far I did 5 mask on enha shaman, UH dk and frost mage.
    Frost mage gave me most problems until I took careful approach and Glacial spike build. Now doing 5 mask in SW and OG without major problems.
    Least problems is have on prot pala 450only, 3 masking so far, no issues on survivability, high dps with lots of ranged spells, lost of interups.
    Most problems is giving me my 455 Br monk, low dps, low survivabilty (for solo tank), no ranged spells, 4 masking only so far, cant come near Alleria for long time.
    Advice- if you dont have weakaura for buffs expiration, take it. Running out of flame breath buff causes you to fear run to another trash pack or even two, disaster.

Ohhhhh boy.. So I almost did my first 5 mask in Stormwind and I managed to fail

went Mage first because it fucked me last time, was an easy kill however for some reason before I got to the mage I was stuck in combat, couldn't find the mob that had me in combat so I ended up using my cheat death (great...).

Shaw was my last zone, got to the miniboss before shaw very easily, decided to kill some trash before I aggro'd it so I could proc gift, for some reason the miniboss aggro'd me so had to fight it plus all the trash I was killing. Ended up getting silenced with no fury, got caught in a fear because I couldn't see the floor with all the trash, got out of the silence but had no fury and died again.

I had a very similar thing happen on my Hunter, so for today.. I am 4 vision runs, 4 fails.

I understand the fear thing I can avoid, sure, I just didn't expect the miniboss to aggro me when I was absolutely nowhere near him... and then the combat bug in mage quarter? seems a bit fucking ridiculous... Either way, i'm extremely unlucky and this game is pure f*cking bullsh*t.

rant over.
    You literally described errors you made, and then proceeded to claim the game is pure bs Just try to learn from them and do it better the next time. I just did my 5 mask solo this week finally, I'm sure you can do it too.

You get stuck in combat in the mage quarter when you proc the 50% corruption add before the portal and then go into that portal. The add doesn't follow you through the portal, but you stay in combat. I had the same happen to me this week, but realized what happened and went back to kill it. If this happens to you again, do the same. It's a really simple fix.

And the second thing...yeah, be careful with overpulling. You can just pull some mobs away slightly not to accidentally pull more.

For me, at least, the secret for doing 5 mask is... patience. Especially if you have Gift trait researched and cloak maxed or almost maxed.
    Also, eat that food which helps when you loose control in the vision.
    Drink a flask.
    And be patient. With cloak maxed, you'll loose very little sanity when doing nothing. So don't rush.
    Try to game your Gift proc. Try to game major CD.
    In Orgrimmar, I do Rexxar last before Thrall and I use Metamorphosis on both. Of course, I wait for the full cooldown to pass, doing nothing (or looking for chests) in front of Thrall's hut. It's no optimal, but who cares.
    On Rexxar too, I start the fight with Gift ready to proc from dogs.

If you rush, you can overpull, you miss interrupts and it all cascades into dying, even on (solo) OP class like DH.

However, I dislike visions. :-) Even though I can make 5 masks, I don't like it. It was interesting when progressing, from barely killing Thrall in the start of the patch to 5 masks success, but now I don't enjoy it anymore. Some madnesses are so annoying, even when played well, I hate them with all my hearth. :-)

got the 5 mask achievement and I'm done now. Gained absolutely no joy or feeling of achievement from doing them, just left seething with stress.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I got Mad World on mage early March or so. I've been 5mask full clearing it for a while. All mobs/trash, all chests and crystals for maximum mementos. At this point I know every pack, every ability the trash casts and it's all being done mechanically.

When I started running Visions with my enhancement shaman alt, the only thing keeping me bound was the low cloak rank. From level 12 onwards (you will also probably have gift talent too). After I got it I cleared Stormwind 5masks with ease, but took longer than mage. Got a 470 boots with haste and t3 twilight devastation. Guess the next one will be way easier.

Point is, while on my main mage I was confident that I could mass pull entire districts and burn them down, on my shaman I took it safe and made smaller pools because I don't have an easy way out of Split Personality (like blink) and I wasn't used to melee. The most important thing is to know the packs. For example the Dominator/Informant K'thir caster npcs cast Void Bolt and then a stun channel. Or the big Voidwalker npc cast a debuff on you that increases dmg taken. There's a specific pack in Mage Quarter that has 1 Voidwalker and 2 void elves that cast fear and mind flay, if you somehow take long to kill them because you masspulled and/or got cc'd you will be one shot. You will be oneshot while procing your cheat death talent.

Just don't be cocky if you aren't confident and knowledgeable regarding the Visions. Stuff that you easily kill in 0 or 1-2masks might not die and cast their abilities in 5masks. At this point, if you got max rank on cloak and still haven't done 5masks it's entirely on you for failing because the sanity loss isn't an issue anymore. It's 100% you fucking up and needing to learn and adapt.

PS: Using Ghastly Goulash has been really helpful for me. You don't have to worry about your hp again.
    Last edited by Amaterasu65; 2020-04-19 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I got Mad World on mage early March or so. I've been 5mask full clearing it for a while. All mobs/trash, all chests and crystals for maximum mementos. At this point I know every pack, every ability the trash casts and it's all being done mechanically.

When I started running Visions with my enhancement shaman alt, the only thing keeping me bound was the low cloak rank. From level 12 onwards (you will also probably have gift talent too). After I got it I cleared Stormwind 5masks with ease, but took longer than mage. Got a 470 boots with haste and t3 twilight devastation. Guess the next one will be way easier.

Point is, while on my main mage I was confident that I could mass pull entire districts and burn them down, on my shaman I took it safe and made smaller pools because I don't have an easy way out of Split Personality (like blink) and I wasn't used to melee. The most important thing is to know the packs. For example the Dominator/Informant K'thir caster npcs cast Void Bolt and then a stun channel. Or the big Voidwalker npc cast a debuff on you that increases dmg taken. There's a specific pack in Mage Quarter that has 1 Voidwalker and 2 void elves that cast fear and mind flay, if you somehow take long to kill them because you masspulled and/or got cc'd you will be one shot. You will be oneshot while procing your cheat death talent.

Just don't be cocky if you aren't confident and knowledgeable regarding the Visions. Stuff that you easily kill in 0 or 1-2masks might not die and cast their abilities in 5masks. At this point, if you got max rank on cloak and still haven't done 5masks it's entirely on you for failing because the sanity loss isn't an issue anymore. It's 100% you fucking up and needing to learn and adapt.

PS: Using Ghastly Goulash has been really helpful for me. You don't have to worry about your hp again.
    the problem with the people who complain about visions is that they never took the time to observe what the mobs do. Every pack has an optimal way to defeat it, and there are several routes that you can take. its like a dungeon, with rotating affixes each week. Once you can do a M+ dungeon, you can do a vision. (a lot of people can't do M+ and that's okay)

I know this feeling big time. Rexxar area did me in last week. Constantly getting bad RNG in there. Stuns upon stuns upon stuns. Then a dot. Then pain. Then the one time I get past it, and I think its smooth sailing from there, I find a mob that keeps you hexed for good! Like wtf?! How is that a thing. I have no idea how skill comes into it when RNG can ruin it. Then you find mechanics that you literally can't counter.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

geting cloak from 13-15 ..runnning million runs piss me off more than getting RNG deathed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    the problem with the people who complain about visions is that they never took the time to observe what the mobs do. Every pack has an optimal way to defeat it, and there are several routes that you can take. its like a dungeon, with rotating affixes each week. Once you can do a M+ dungeon, you can do a vision. (a lot of people can't do M+ and that's okay)
    We can’t take the time to stare at the packs because - guess what - there’s a timer.

Enjoy your horrible timed visions till they last.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    We can’t take the time to stare at the packs because - guess what - there’s a timer.

Enjoy your horrible timed visions till they last.
    it takes you an hour to notice that squidward channels a stun at you?

I'm sorry that you suck at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    I quit doing them on my main when I hit 13, just dont get any joy out of doing them.
    Me too. Don’t like mad rushes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    it takes you an hour to notice that squidward channels a stun at you?

I'm sorry that you suck at the game.
    Yeah whoever don’t like mad rushes suck at playing. Typical mmoc heroes mentality.

I repeat. Enjoy your horrible visions since they last.