Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Me too. Don’t like mad rushes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah whoever don’t like mad rushes suck at playing. Typical mmoc heroes mentality.

I repeat. Enjoy your horrible visions since they last.
    If you need to rush visions then your problem is your damage. You get so much time to complete em.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    the problem with the people who complain about visions is that they never took the time to observe what the mobs do. Every pack has an optimal way to defeat it, and there are several routes that you can take. its like a dungeon, with rotating affixes each week. Once you can do a M+ dungeon, you can do a vision. (a lot of people can't do M+ and that's okay)
    The rotating affix crap is an fucking awful diablo 3 gimmick that has no place in a goddamned MMORPG. Look I know WoW is basically an ARPG today but that won’t stop me from calling out the combat obsessed crap that infests the gameplay nowadays.

Current wow systems and gameplay modes are WAA too bloated and just contrived. These devs are catering to literal ADHD sufferers who require constant stimulation and action literally every single second. It’s appalling and contributes to so many horrible ways this game has become

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If you need to rush visions then your problem is your damage. You get so much time to complete em.
    It’s a type of gameplay I don’t like. You cannot use clever tactics if you’re not geared enough or progressed enough into the Archive, it’s a real pity.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I know this feeling big time. Rexxar area did me in last week. Constantly getting bad RNG in there. Stuns upon stuns upon stuns. Then a dot. Then pain. Then the one time I get past it, and I think its smooth sailing from there, I find a mob that keeps you hexed for good! Like wtf?! How is that a thing. I have no idea how skill comes into it when RNG can ruin it. Then you find mechanics that you literally can't counter.
    There's a way to skip the entire area and go straight to Rexxar after killing Misha (bear). When you get out of the corridor and enter the area go left into the "black zone that deals dmg on your hp" and climb the whole cliff up to Rexxar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    The fact that you have 6 geared characters means your experience is fundamentally different from most because you’re completing 15-18 attempts in a week. Many players only do 2-3 total on their main, and that’s just very frustrating content design - imagine trying to progress on a raid boss where you get three attempts this week, then two attempts in two weeks, then three again two weeks later...

Now also add in the changing corruptions and you can understand the frustration.
    That doesn't apply. I did Visions with only 1 char initially, I started doing stuff with an alt after essences became account wide. When I tried to push 5 masks solo in the beginning I was failing, I lost 3-5keys total. Maybe more. But after I learnt from my mistakes and figured out how to do stuff it was cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    There's a way to skip the entire area and go straight to Rexxar after killing Misha (bear). When you get out of the corridor and enter the area go left into the "black zone that deals dmg on your hp" and climb the whole cliff up to Rexxar.
    Thank you. I may have to try that. Is it viable with a 5 mask run?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Thank you. I may have to try that. Is it viable with a 5 mask run?
    Yes of course. Just be quick about it (you have enough time to reach the top without dying/using your cheat death easily) and be careful when below 50% sanity with Leaden Foot affix because the add that spawns will slow you down since it will force you in combat. Also wait for the disorient ring to be done before you start climbing cause it can mess you up.

Edit: https://youtu.be/1XwNuapLNMs 6:55 Rexxar area skip. 16:07 & 17:05 minor, unnecessary skips in totem area.

Edit 2: Ghastly Goulash helps in Visions, and ofc helps with cliff climb since it restores hp.
    Last edited by Amaterasu65; 2020-04-20 at 06:57 PM.

Complaining about visions while playing the class with the easiest time in visions is laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I did one 5-mask Stormwind for the achieve and will never do it again, 5 ilvls just are not worth the stress and massive difficulty bump from 4-masks. Orgrimmar is a joke though by comparison.
    5 ilvls is 100% worth. Both are easy.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Complaining about visions while playing the class with the easiest time in visions is laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

5 ilvls is 100% worth. Both are easy.
    Might have been worth 5 months ago, now I'm finished with progress for the expansion and got everything I want gear-wise. Literally the only thing I'd be hunting for is more TD corruptions that I might be able to equip in 4 months if I keep upgrading the cloak for whatever reason.

I main tanks and doing Alleria as a tank is FULL aids, I have to be lucky with a few good TD procs otherwise I barely have the dps to kill her before a full bar of sanity drains. The first time I did it I had to cheese Gift by killing the add that randomly spawns below 50% sanity in order to kill her.

Stressing over that shit at this point in the patch when all I'm looking for is TD pieces is literally not worth the time, 5 ilvls isn't going to do absolutely anything for me at this point in the patch cycle.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    5 ilvls is 100% worth.
    At this point? For what? If you are hardcore raider: you've already lost the race. If you are casual: why would 5 ilvl matter? Most likely you are wiping because of a dumb guild mate, and not because of 5 ilvl on one piece of gear (of course the dumb team mate can be you... but even in this case the 5 ilvl won't matter).

If I’m going to do a clear on my main (which I’m debating still doing tbh), then I’ll aim for the 5 mask clear. If it fails, I’ll do a 4 mask instead because I refuse to do the dailies for more vessels. Only do the Assaults.

I’ve failed a handful of 5 masks... every single one has been Stormwind. All bar one was in the mage quarter and the one that wasn’t was due to the mage quarter (I got to Alleria with no Cheat Death, no orbs and low sanity).

I’ve learned from early mistakes and take it slower in the Mage Quarter using CC on one of the nastier portal packs. I also run less corruption... but I’ve still had the double madness of split personality and dark delusions have me stuck against a wall without no way out only to get stun locked to death by a combination of sanity drains, the debuff which increases shadow damage taken (name?) and mob casts which fear/stun you.

Some classes can immune/teleport out of that double madness situation while others can’t. Again, I’ve changed my route and done my best to avoid being near a wall but it doesn’t always work out that way.

If it weren’t for the gear being guaranteed corrupted I wouldn’t bother... and I suspect Blizzard knew that would be the case for many of us so made the change once the time gate for R15 ended.

7+ Year Old Account
    While I enjoy visions and think they can be quite fun and challenging, doing them on BM hunter and Enhance shaman(tried first on Elem and realised how weak Elem are) I have sadly been encountering a lot of frustrating bugs. The most frustrating one is being stuck in combat and therefore unable to use orbs. Even feign death is not enough to get me out of it and all the mobs are dead and still stuck in it. It ruined a few progression runs for me which sucked a lot since I felt like I was doing really well, having 2 extra orbs to go around and explore and then suddenly stuck in combat and can't do shit but try and run around until sanity drains out.

I haven't gotten to use any masks yet as I only got back to the game 1 month ago and wasted a lot of time trying to do visions as Elem shaman which absolutely sucks imo.

I also hate the grind for the currency but do it all just so I can try more.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2020-04-21 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Might have been worth 5 months ago, now I'm finished with progress for the expansion and got everything I want gear-wise. Literally the only thing I'd be hunting for is more TD corruptions that I might be able to equip in 4 months if I keep upgrading the cloak for whatever reason.

I main tanks and doing Alleria as a tank is FULL aids, I have to be lucky with a few good TD procs otherwise I barely have the dps to kill her before a full bar of sanity drains. The first time I did it I had to cheese Gift by killing the add that randomly spawns below 50% sanity in order to kill her.

Stressing over that shit at this point in the patch when all I'm looking for is TD pieces is literally not worth the time, 5 ilvls isn't going to do absolutely anything for me at this point in the patch cycle.
    and what for ? when already during leveling you will have 5 targets cap for dmg. and health reduced to nothing. meanign TD will be utter crap .

unless you just want to enjoy big numbers till end of expansion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    While I enjoy visions and think they can be quite fun and challenging, doing them on BM hunter and Enhance shaman(tried first on Elem and realised how weak Elem are) I have sadly been encountering a lot of frustrating bugs. The most frustrating one is being stuck in combat and therefore unable to use orbs. Even feign death is not enough to get me out of it and all the mobs are dead and still stuck in it. It ruined a few progression runs for me which sucked a lot since I felt like I was doing really well, having 2 extra orbs to go around and explore and then suddenly stuck in combat and can't do shit but try and run around until sanity drains out.
    What happened to me once was, after I finished the lost area in Orgrimmar that requires you to kill a big Faceless boss that spawns adds and orbs, I was below 50% sanity, I mounted up, moved out of the area and realised I was in combat because I got the slow affix affect me. It seems I got the mask add spawn and have Geyarah aggro it, so it never chased me directly but still locked me in combat.

I have sadly been encountering a lot of frustrating bugs. The most frustrating one is being stuck in combat and therefore unable to use orbs. Even feign death is not enough to get me out of it and all the mobs are dead and still stuck in it.
    It's not a bug. You were in combat with either some of the eyes or tentacles. The eyes are stationary and will not move, and if you get in combat with one of these you will stay in combat no matter where you go. So for example, if you get in combat by mistake with the eye on the bridge between the Dwarven District and Old Town, then you will still be in combat with that eye even though you go to the Mage Quarters.

I haven't gotten to use any masks yet as I only got back to the game 1 month ago and wasted a lot of time trying to do visions as Elem shaman which absolutely sucks imo.

I also hate the grind for the currency but do it all just so I can try more.
    Few Common reasons for getting stuck in Combat are your NPC buddy attacking mobs you didn’t know they pulled, the mask which spawns an add which you didn’t know about and it gets stuck, or you tired to run past a mob that’s stationary and doesn’t follow you e.g. Eyes in SW between zones.

I had the second happen to me in SW mage Quarter. I finished the boss in the tower only to still be in combat... I ran out of the tower to try drop combat and sitting just outside the portal was the spawned add from the mask. Must if spawned right as I entered the tower but couldn’t follow me in.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2020-04-21 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    What happened to me once was, after I finished the lost area in Orgrimmar that requires you to kill a big Faceless boss that spawns adds and orbs, I was below 50% sanity, I mounted up, moved out of the area and realised I was in combat because I got the slow affix affect me. It seems I got the mask add spawn and have Geyarah aggro it, so it never chased me directly but still locked me in combat.
    Yes this can also happen. I also tried once in Orgrimmar where the Faceless boss spawned his adds after he died which I did not notice. So I had to go back to kill them later. But it's not a bug. It's just something we need to be aware of and not move to fast without checking our current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It’s a type of gameplay I don’t like. You cannot use clever tactics if you’re not geared enough or progressed enough into the Archive, it’s a real pity.
    usually the ones finding the visions easy and having plenty of times actually do use clever tactics or optimized routes... I personally enjoy them due to the fact there is a time limit. Makes me be more creative. I even use scorched feet to my advantage and don't see it as a downside anymore.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

As expected I easily got a 5mask in Org on my first attempt after reaching cloak rank 15 and having a full research tree. In Stormwind I was all but done but got cocky at the last bit of mage tower when I pulled the pack with 2 portal keepers and a void walker. Got feared into an adjacent pack of mobs and died twice (IE proccing my ress and dying again).

Next run I made sure to carefully CC that same pack and completed my 5mask run without issues. Alleria is still as annoying as ever as melee though.

I'm glad to be done with Mad World. It being a FoS makes me suspect it'll be removed come 9.0. I don't care enough about gear upgrades to continue running horrific visions though, so this means I'm thankfully done with this, at least until Shadowlands when I'll probably go back to farm mementos for the mount when I completely outgear visions.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

We did it boiz. Both Orgrimmar and Stormwind have now been done on 5 mask o/

Zero errors on the Stormwind one, I used orbs just to be safe because I failed at finding flasks and using food appropriately, though I timed my mini-bosses so I killed them when my sanity was around 400 so it topped me off. Allaria died with me at 465 sanity and cheat death available. Huzzah.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Please. I doubt anybody's quitting the game because Visions suck. It's frustrating, yes, but not bad enough to make anybody quit. The fix is stupidly simple, too. Just make the content repeatable without wasting the resource used to obtain it.
    Actually I quitted the game over the Visions/Cloak patch. I played 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2 religiously (2x6months subbed), but 8.3 ruined WoW for me. I can't wait for Shadowlands though.