Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I tested that theory and double jumped and clipped it and got disoriented, but that was a test on the 4 mask, maybe I didn't leave enough room.

Is it bad that I find it 10000x easier doing it on my BM Hunter? He's only done a 3 mask but it was the easiest 3 mask i've ever done..

I did notice on the mage bitch, I ran and hid behind the tree stump for void torrent and 1 of them still clipped me, that's when it all went to shit because an add spawned, I got dropped onto a pool then he void torrented again and rip sanity hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    4 mask with 3 orbs + cheat death - easy
    5 mask - 2 attempts, both failed on Rexxar. 1st attempt he was 4%, 2nd attempt he was 3%.

I proc Gift on him, nuke the adds and nuke him alongside, soon as gift finishes I stepped to avoid a little minion coming across the map and disorient spawned on me, got stunned in that and died. BOTH TIMES.

I know there's a bit of L2P here, which I'm seriously doing, I lost my cheat death on the void torrent boss to similar RNG bullshit but I was on Rexxar with 3 orbs up.

So basically, fuck visions and fuck RNG systems. That's all, close thread.
    The system isn't RNG. Your screen turns purple shaded before the split personality comes out. My advise: don't stand next to walls. Always have a way out of it. It'd be better to take a hit from one of the adds then get hit by the disorient.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caracra View Post
    All the channel/laser boss mechanics are avoided by standing inside their hitbox. Right before the point where they would turn around, really in it. It goes right over you without touching you at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually had a bug - twice - where it kicked me out about five seconds into starting. I 5 mask on two toons weekly, and have enough for 12+ vessels on each, so it didn't matter, but it still happened.
    I'm aware but I've never gotten it to work for me and just play it safe since taking a little longer is a nonissue and I can still use whatever ranged I have through the treestump.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I'm a 463 Havoc DH with a rank 14 cloak and I've attempted 6 +5 masks and STILL cannot complete them due to the UNLUCKIEST f*cking RNG in the world.

Armsmaster in Stormwind, I get knocked into the disorient, he then does his blade flurry and I sit in the entire duration of it because of disorient. Waste my cheat death plus lose another 300 sanity.

Get through that, get to the big mob before Shaw, get feared into a disorient into touch of the abyss into disorient again, kill those, pop my orb, right as the orb spawns, I die due to loss of sanity.

This happens almost every single run I attempt, I get some massive RNG bullsh*t that completely cucks me.

Just to add to the unlucky streak i'm currently on with this DH, I haven't had a decent upgrade from a weekly chest in almost 3 months and I'm only 463 ilvl.
    The problem is YOU

- Rank 14 cloak
    - playing DH

The visions are practically given to you for free as a dh with rank 14 cloak. Everyone else manages fine with the mechanics, and if you have trouble 'almost every single run I attempt' then the problem is YOUR skill. Its not 'bad luck'. I bet you arent paying attention, dont take consumables like ghastly ghoulash + free action potions + arent paying attention to general stuff you should (eg screen glows purple be4 voidzones inc) + dont know mechanics of stuff going on as u prob havent read any good guides andor using weakauras to track stuff like TItan buff procs.

Yea to be honest I'm amazed I can't actualy do it on a 5 mask as every other aspect of the game is a cake walk to say the least... It's extremely infuriating...

I never used to proc gift properly and on this run I made sure to proc it on the boss so I could nuke them down before mechanics started to do me over, I just can't believe Rexxar got me again for the 3rd time in a row -.-... I'm sure the mage boss was a bug as void torrent hit me through the tree stump.. if that hadn't of happened then I'd still have cheat death and rexxar wouldved died.. (Thrall is easy!)

10+ Year Old Account
    I am amazed how you cant burst Rexxar with giftprocc and being a DH with 460+ gear.

Yea to be honest I'm amazed I can't actualy do it on a 5 mask as every other aspect of the game is a cake walk to say the least... It's extremely infuriating...

I never used to proc gift properly and on this run I made sure to proc it on the boss so I could nuke them down before mechanics started to do me over, I just can't believe Rexxar got me again for the 3rd time in a row -.-... I'm sure the mage boss was a bug as void torrent hit me through the tree stump.. if that hadn't of happened then I'd still have cheat death and rexxar wouldved died.. (Thrall is easy!)
    Horrific visions are not necessarily a challenge of raw skill nowadays with 460+ ilvl and maxed out cloak. They are a test of calmness and patience at this point. I'm regularly pissed off by some abilites/overlaps.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-04-08 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    I am amazed how you cant burst Rexxar with giftprocc and being a DH with 460+ gear.
    So am I, rotation is as close to perfect as I can get it, I just can't seem to burst him quick at all.. When I died I was on 93k dps.

I genuinely think when I get my Hunter geared enough that he'll 5 mask before my DH does hahaha.. I seem to find it muuuuch easier on the Hunter
    Last edited by Yhcti; 2020-04-08 at 09:14 PM.

So am I, rotation is as close to perfect as I can get it, I just can't seem to burst him quick at all.. When I died I was on 93k dps.

I genuinely think when I get my Hunter geared enough that he'll 5 mask before my DH does hahaha.. I seem to find it muuuuch easier on the Hunter
    I was surprised today with burst of my 667ivl UH DK on Rexxar 5 masks - meter showed 168k dps at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    I was surprised today with burst of my 667ivl UH DK on Rexxar 5 masks - meter showed 168k dps at the end
    That's pretty nuts.. I watched a Mistweaver Monk on youtube do 142k on him too... Jeez lol...

Numbers are highly inflated in horrific visions: talent tree buffs (+15% damage, then +12%, then +15% haste), gift of the titans proc, NPC buffs. I believe the corruption damage procs are buffed by the talent tree buffs too? (not sure). My twilight devastation r3 procced on Rexxars boars and did 33% of the fight damage, it was funny.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-04-08 at 10:32 PM.

twilight devastation makes a HUGE difference. I got very close to 5 masking on my WW Monk with a rank 12 cloak and 20 ilvl less, because he has 18% TD, most packs incinerated pretty damn quickly, including bosses.

twilight devastation makes a HUGE difference. I got very close to 5 masking on my WW Monk with a rank 12 cloak and 20 ilvl less, because he has 18% TD, most packs incinerated pretty damn quickly, including bosses.
    Oh yeah, that's completely retarded sometimes. You start gathering mobs for a pull, TD procs and you wonder where are the mobs.

I would LOVE to know how the hell your UH DK is 667 ILVL? Is there a secret that we never knew how to pass by 200 extra digits ilvl unless it's an addon showing different text of ilvl?

Don't try to burst Rexxar, that's probably your problem. The boars are the dangerous part in that fight, their quills drain your sanity extremely fast. Focus on killing them as quickly as possible. Make sure you interrupt and stun them as much as you can. If you are struggling, you can also try to use Purification Protocol as a main essence. It's less damage than Focusing Iris, but it stuns aberrations and has a chance to instantly kill some enemies. For Rexxar, save it for once all 4 boars are out and it usually annihilates at least one of the boars and makes quick work of the others. Same with Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Don't try to burst Rexxar, that's probably your problem. The boars are the dangerous part in that fight, their quills drain your sanity extremely fast. Focus on killing them as quickly as possible. Make sure you interrupt and stun them as much as you can. If you are struggling, you can also try to use Purification Protocol as a main essence. It's less damage than Focusing Iris, but it stuns aberrations and has a chance to instantly kill some enemies. For Rexxar, save it for once all 4 boars are out and it usually annihilates at least one of the boars and makes quick work of the others. Same with Thrall.
    Nah, this is the wrong strategy.

Take Breath of the Dying.

Hit Rexar until boar 1 comes out. Burst it down. Make sure to finish it off with BotD.

Hit Rexar until boar 2 comes out. Burst it down. Make sure to finish it off with BotD

Hit Rexar until last 2 boards come out. Burst them down hitting them with a giant BotD to start. Make sure you saved your AoE stun for the two boars. Interrupt them when possible. At the end, they should only get off a couple of casts of the quill drain.

Additionally, if you get a titans proc at any point during this, FF the hell out of Rexxar and the boars will despawn once he is dead.

Be sure to bring potions, scrolls, and other consummables. The 1k in consummables is well worth a pretty much free ilvl 470 piece with a 100% chance at a corruption effect.

I tend to do Rexxar first so I can utilize a drums on him and drums will be available again for Rexxar.

My DH is like 450 ilvl and is running 2, 3, 3, 1, 2, 1, 1 spec. I've got Gazex3, RB, EoR, and CT. I pretty much always run BotD major + PP, MoLD, and VoP. I switch between a pair of pants with IS3 and TD3 depending on if I'm single target or AoE. Everything just melts.

I also don't do big AoE pulls. They aren't necessary to beat the timer. If you're spending time running around gathering mobs to burst them down with a single big pull, then you're not having much uptime on Titans.

I literally pull it pack by pack and I don't fail.

It perplexes me that people can fail this content if you have a max rank cloak and the titans buff unlocked.

I also think that BotD isn't given enough credit in this content as none of the guides suggest running it. For normal guys, the empowered BotD will kill them from 30-40% for the weaker guys it will kill them from 100% when empowered. For the tentacles and the giant faceless dudes it will kill them from 15-20% out when empowered. When you use it to kill them, it's got a 5 second cooldown for a massive 200k-400k hit.

I will do one tomorrow and report back but I think reaping flames ends up being about 50% of my damage.
    Last edited by fwc577; 2020-04-09 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    I would LOVE to know how the hell your UH DK is 667 ILVL? Is there a secret that we never knew how to pass by 200 extra digits ilvl unless it's an addon showing different text of ilvl?
    Sorry, just a typo, meant 467.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I tend to do Rexxar first so I can utilize a drums on him and drums will be available again for Rexxar.
    I'm guessing you mean Rexxar first so you have drums for Thrall?

It perplexes me that people can fail this content if you have a max rank cloak and the titans buff unlocked.
    Yea with the damage increase + sanity drain reductions on those levels even if you take it somewhat slow there's not much pressure. Sloppy play will account for the majority of vision fails.

In my experience everyone who is still struggling with it (and this applied to myself before I first did it) are mostly failing from not taking the mechanics seriously. You're not gonna mess the run up by taking a few seconds extra playing it safe - you will mess it up by trying to rush and doing risky plays. Like others have said, something like split personality is super easy to plan ahead for since you get the visual cue on your screen ~3 seconds before it hits. If you're hugging a wall and you see the purple visual, move out a few feet so you wont risk getting boxed in. If you don't have the dps to burst Rexxar in 10 seconds like some of us, just play it safe and kill the boars 1 by 1. Rexxar himself doesn't hit THAT hard, the traps are fairly easy to see on the ground and the stampeding Sha are also quite easy to spot since they come from the same wall.