Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy Power is back..for ALL Paladins

It has returned yet again

What do ya'll think? How'd you feel about it making a comeback, especially if you're holy or prot? If you've played with it in the past, what kind of experience was it for ya at that time to use it as a resource for your spec?

I've been praying that ret would get it removed alongside Holy and Prot because combo points for a 2h plate class with support skills feels really wrong to me. I'd rather it be slow and hard hitting, based off using your cds (think wrath pally, or similar to enh shaman playstyle) with some time inbetween to use the support toolkit. And the old DS animation. Now holy power is back for all Paladin specs though.

Personally i'm bummed out as i didnt enjoy the last time it was in the game for every paladin at all, and havent enjoyed my ret (my old fav main) ever since. Oof...

What about you?
    Last edited by Miena; 2020-04-08 at 10:57 AM.

I'm rather new to having a holy paladin as my main as the last time I played her seriously was in Wrath.

That said, I'm not sure how holy will work with holy power instead of mana. I don't really like it with the ret but I guess we'll see how it plays out in the alpha and beta :>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not happy at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy power healing... please no.

I was contemplating on maining paladin in SL, probably not after hearing this.

Healing is RNG enough without adding some kind of combo point system added on top of it. "Sorry can't heal, not enough holy power"

Or then it forces you to accumulate those combo points even when it isn't needed and just spamming around because "need HP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Ah yes more years of crusader strike and other builders hitting like noodles cause TV is the big 3 HP ''spender'', sure love seeing TV do close or over 50% of my damage on a fight while the rest doesn't even reach 15%, such exciting and riveting gameplay where the only fun thing to hit is at 3 HP and clicking crusader strike feels like flapping a wet towel.

Oh well at least I didn't had to wait till deep into beta or near launch to decide if I shelf my ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    disgusting for healer

I am so happy. I never played holy so I do not have an opinion there, but I have not touched Protection since WoD because the removal of Holy Power make it soooo unfun to play.

So I LOVE It !! All the changes and spells that we recover will bring me continuous joy during Shadowlands.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

If Paladins get some kind of inherent speed buff (like the 15% they were able to talent into back in BC and WotLK) I will literally main a Paladin come SL. It'd be nice to see Judgment being on a 6 second CD again with a 30% movement speed buff as well.

Don't really want to. Ok, maybe as a protection it is not really that big of a deal, but as healer? NO.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Guess I’m dropping pally again, damn shame by far my favourite class but
    Holy power ruins it.

As long as holy power generation for holy doesn't mean you need to heal the beacon target... I hated how holy power generation limited us in who we could heal. And now with glimmer being a talent on same row as beacon of faith we have to choose between them.. Not sure I like that. I also hope there is an AoE HP generation ability that isn't complete trash until the end of the expansion. I remember holy radiance being ass until our mp5 was able to handle it at the end of the expansion. I don't want to be stuck having to do a 3 single target spell combo to be able to do any AoE at all.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-04-07 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miena View Post
    What do ya'll think? How'd you feel about it making a comeback, especially if you're holy or prot? If you've played with it in the past, what kind of experience was it for ya at that time to use it as a resource for your spec?
    Speaking of playing as Prot in the past it can be iffy. Having Shield of Righteous tied to it does allow for more SotR over time I think, but not 100% sure. Though it says we have CS / HoW to build the HP, but no mention of Hammer of the Righteous. So I wonder if we are going back to a style where HotR works exactly the same just with the name CS instead where it's a single target and standing in consecration it changes to aoe ability.

It mentions Word of Glory coming back for everyone, but doesn't say anything about Hand/Protector of the Light. So I'm wondering if we'll have access to two heals or if it's all merged into WoG. Kind of hoping we have access to both heals since we will usually prioritize SotR. Granted we get a new passive that allows for free WoG casts when we crit with Judgment. Though here I think we'll still want to stack haste instead of crit.

I'm glad to have Aura's back, even if it is just a toggle. Other than that not much we can get from the preview it mentions without actually getting our hands on it.

Looks like hpal will be gone from arena again. Having your healer need to be in melee to generate holy power effectively makes it hard to compete with classes that can pillar hump all day.

I kinda liked MOP holy... so, that's what I'm looking for tbh. Something like that.... Other than that- I won't judge too quickly.

Tho, I am EXTREMELY satisfied with ele and boomie changes (my "main alts")

Disappointing changes. For me Paladins will feel like they play the same, even if there's a host of mechanical changes.

Holy Power not being redesigned into something more interesting and Seals not returning and given an important role in rotations will make Ret (at least) feel like it's largely the same spec, with a couple new toys.

I don't give a flying fuck about Auras and I don't care how iconic they are. They are boring design, period.

I mean I don't know, I kinda liked Holy Power as a holydin. However, they definitely MUST avoid the useless fillers in between - might be better if it slowly builds when healing normally and culminates in a big heal than single abilities awarding 1 HP per se.

do you think rebuke for holy paladins will return?

Holy power worked pretty well for Hpal but it seems like things are going to function differently with it this time.

Realistically we need to wait and see what other changes happen. We don’t even know if holy power will be capped at 5 or not, we need to see what else they’re changing. We already see DP, CM and HA changing to fit with holy power so it seems there will be a lot more changes. Need to see what acts as a spender/builder, how holy power interacts with all of our abilities, what we’re losing in exchange for talents being changed, etc. There’s going to be a lot to test and unpack.

Nice. I liked it before, I hope I will still like it in SL.