Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Warlocks got an entire spec's playstyle removed with the advent of Demon Hunters. Just make old Demonlogy with old Metamorphasis Demon Hunter's 3rd spec.
    old demonolgy that had metamorph?
    So they would need to take more from warlocks...
    to make a caster spec for demon hunter..?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    This^
    But nah, third spec, while i agree it would be nice, i dont know what they could have that wouldnt just feel lame as shit and go against their lore.
    I dunno. A two handed spec that uses scythes and polearms would be interesting. And it's not like it doesn't exist, there's a DH NPC who uses a scythe in the DH starting area, and appears a few more times in Legion (don't know her name.)

Now I don't know how to make it unique against Havoc or Vengeance, but it's a start of an idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Yes let’s reduce stuff cause that always makes games more fun.
    He just wants a guaranteed win every time he goes against a DH.

Probably every time he goes against any class. Probably in the druid forums asking for shapeshifting to be removed . . .
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I dunno. A two handed spec that uses scythes and polearms would be interesting. And it's not like it doesn't exist, there's a DH NPC who uses a scythe in the DH starting area, and appears a few more times in Legion (don't know her name.)

Now I don't know how to make it unique against Havoc or Vengeance, but it's a start of an idea.
    i mean starting off with what weapons they would be able to wield is one of the smallest steps, but its a step atleast.
    but yeah demon hunters are rather limited, so coming up with abilities that make it feel and look unique from the other 2 specs is rough.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    So from what they have said so far we are going to get some massive un-pruning of abilities. They even question if they over did it in some cases.
    This brings me to the question, what on earth have they done with demonhunters? A class that had very few abilities to begin with and has no distant past to bring abilities back from. Are we going to see new abilities and how many?

Only thing I can think of is maybe mana burn abilities far as demonhunter stuff goes. Anyone got any idea or speculations?
    Remember when they told us they were working on Demon Blades talent in patch 7.1 ?

If they can't spend time fixing a talent, I don't think they will spend time working on a new spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    old demonolgy that had metamorph?
    So they would need to take more from warlocks...
    to make a caster spec for demon hunter..?
    Considering that the only thing left of pre-Legion Demonolgy is pets (DHs wouldn't use pets) and Hand of Gul'Dan...

I more mean things like Chaos Wave, Touch of Chaos, Void Ray. Maybe even Fel Flame since it's doubtful Blizz will bring it back to Warlocks. Abilities that have been completely removed and are incredibly unlikely to return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Healing with tel is not really possible. It only really works on corrupted. And in itself corrupts.
    A fel healing class just would be massively lore breaking.
    Death knights unholy magic can heal. Why can't they heal allies?
    Call it something like Sacrifice where in lore they give up their lives to heal allies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Considering that the only thing left of pre-Legion Demonolgy is pets (DHs wouldn't use pets) and Hand of Gul'Dan...

I more mean things like Chaos Wave, Touch of Chaos, Void Ray. Maybe even Fel Flame since it's doubtful Blizz will bring it back to Warlocks. Abilities that have been completely removed and are incredibly unlikely to return.
    Alright
    corruption
    doom
    shadowbolt
    soulfire
    hand of guldan
    imps
    drain life
    dark pact
    infernal
    felguard
    shadowfury
    fear
    unending resolve
    banish
    burning rush

the things you are listing are you literally just demon hunterabilities that got stolen from warlocks, then slightly altered to be made into the DH abilities.
    you are basically just listing "i want havoc, but at ranged"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Call it something like Sacrifice where in lore they give up their lives to heal allies.
    that still aint how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

What warlock abilities did they steal?
    Meta

Was my favorite lock ability too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    Meta

Was my favorite lock ability too.
    They stole an ability that warlocks got (lore-wise) by studying and copying a demon hunter?

7+ Year Old Account
    You want them to turn a mobile glass cannon into a sluggish glass window?

- - - Updated - - -

What warlock abilities did they steal?
    Metamorph
    Immolation aura
    Demonic leap
    Demonic charge
    demons bite
    torment
    fel barrage

Just bring back fury of the illidari. That shit was fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Just bring back fury of the illidari. That shit was fun.
    wasnt it just an aoe that... did aoe and thats it?

Metamorph
    Immolation aura
    Demonic leap
    Demonic charge
    demons bite
    torment
    fel barrage
    Weren't some of those replacements for one another- say, Leap for Charge?
    Also, Meta was always a DH ability. :b

Although I feel like both Metas could've lived alongside one another.

Healing with tel is not really possible. It only really works on corrupted. And in itself corrupts.
    A fel healing class just would be massively lore breaking.
    It works on everyone. Fel user can drain life and he can transfer it to someone else. Even already there are healthstones.

The fact of fel corrupting a target is even better for that. Corrupted ally could get some nice new powers. Imagine buff possibilities.
    Death knights unholy magic can heal. Why can't they heal allies?
    Because there are 3 specs already and Blizzard doesn't want to add fourth.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Weren't some of those replacements for one another- say, Leap for Charge?
    Also, Meta was always a DH ability. :b

Although I feel like both Metas could've lived alongside one another.
    it was, we stole it from a class that had its chance to be in, but then wasnt so they gave it to us, then they stole it back years later.
    doesent mean it didnt feel like shit.
    demo lock is the only spec in the game that has been overhauled over single expansion (except TBC)

also the charge was an actual metamorph ability. the leap was also a metamorph ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It works on everyone. Fel user can drain life and he can transfer it to someone else. Even already there are healthstones.

The fact of fel corrupting a target is even better for that. Corrupted ally could get some nice new powers. Imagine buff possibilities.

Because there are 3 specs already and Blizzard doesn't want to add fourth.
    1. "drain life' you are draining someone elses life, you cant cast drain life to heal another person, you are using it to heal yourself, a warlock.
    2. corrupted ally would fucking die if they were a priest or pally, or any fucking class, no one lore wise would just willingly be healed by fel, it corrupts and kills.
    3. lol yeah nice side step, but why cant death bolt heal anyone? why can it heal only undead and other death of wait cause unholy magic can heal... unholy types.

sorta like how fire in stuff like D&D heals fire elementals and iron golems. us mortals fire kills us, so does fel, but in specific races and circumstances it can heal
    that does not mean suddenly a whole class can heal using fire.
    death knights can heal undead with deathbolt, that means dk's unholy spec should become a healing spec where they kill their allies and raise them into undeath then heal them! yeah of course!!!!

healthstones lore wise are not something anyone other then warocks use, simply because while it does heal it also corrupts, so only when desperatly needed should they be used.

1. "drain life' you are draining someone elses life, you cant cast drain life to heal another person, you are using it to heal yourself, a warlock.
    Yet it is not outside of realm of possibility to drain health from yourself to heal someone. It is just an opposite transfer process. Also, something like that was shown in Warcraft: Beginning, which suggests it could be also possible in canon lore. The closest thing to that is one nightfallen that uses fel to restore his health.

2. corrupted ally would fucking die if they were a priest or pally, or any fucking class, no one lore wise would just willingly be healed by fel, it corrupts and kills.
    Would that matter to healer? Priests shoot light at undead without any care about them. Also, fel only kills if used offensively. It didn't kill orcs or felblood elves.
    3. lol yeah nice side step, but why cant death bolt heal anyone? why can it heal only undead and other death of wait cause unholy magic can heal... unholy types.
    You can always kills someone, raise him and heal. Other thing a death knight could do is blood transfusion, akin to ones used by San'layn.

death knights can heal undead with deathbolt, that means dk's unholy spec should become a healing spec where they kill their allies and raise them into undeath then heal them! yeah of course!!!!
    Or as I said, blood based healing.
    healthstones lore wise are not something anyone other then warocks use, simply because while it does heal it also corrupts, so only when desperatly needed should they be used.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Would that matter to healer? Priests shoot light at undead without any care about them. Also, fel only kills if used offensively. It didn't kill orcs or felblood elves.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood-curse

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah we are done discussing here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly the third spec for Demon Hunters should be a slow dps and buff builder with high single target damage output every so often that has low movement with the added utility of slightly reducing the damage nearby friendly players take and increasing the damage enemy players receive.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Xosimos View Post
    I liked what this person said from another thread.

In all honesty though, why fix something that isn't broke? I'm fine with the way DHs are now.
    changes for new expansions aren't about fixing or making anything better, blizz just has this idea that different than last time = better because it's new

you realize how fucked up this is when you think of your character's progression through the years and how they are constantly "knowing" and "unknowing" things for the sake of nothing but change

they'll change DH one way or another

In legion beta, Vengeance DH had darkness, even went live with the pvp talent to improve darkness for them could give them darkness?

Also could give Vengeance Soul Carver back.

For Havoc, maybe Fury of the Illidari?

That is literally all we lost leaving legion.
    Last edited by Phaqfu; 2020-04-08 at 08:12 PM. Reason: has to had