Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus1 View Post
    I do see where the OP is coming from. It doesn't matter, but it's a principal thing, class identity.
    It has jack shit to do with class identity. It appears and works exactly the same way for both specs. If they did some dumb shit like make Vengeance meta look like Havoc or vice versa, or made fel devastation look like eye beam or vice versa etc that would be identity issues. Literally no one will know this was changed if they don't read that post, and it saves time in having to write 2 different tool tips for DH abilities to account for both.

Or two different weak auras. Run into that a lot too.

Honestly I don't think they went far enough with the class consolidation. I wouldn't have minded having Eye Beam and Fel Devestation be cosmetic versions of the same spell, or giving Havoc Sigils (at least in identity if not the same exact Sigils) and Shear (all the DK specs have Death Strike as a heal) or Vengeance Chaos Strike (as a DPS fury dump). But I'm obviously in the minority there.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Should've kept pain and actually give it a unique mechanic that I think would be a risky build and I feel you would have to take damage on purpose in order to be beneficial or more effective.

For every 1% missing health you had, your pain goes up by 2.

Example: 100% HP = 0 pain
    50% HP = 100 pain

Pain is not spendable and is simply an indicator that your abilities are stronger in terms of mainly defense, maybe even give it the spells different mechanics? Maybe you gain more abilities has your pain rises? Maybe there can be a spell that lets you maintain 100 pain regardless of your missing HP.

Think of "Never surrender" Prot warrior talent, Ignore Pain will absorb up to 100% more damage, based on your missing health.

Wow, this thread is a whole another level of fucking retarded. Congrats OP.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's "removed" or not its literally a name that has no impact on the game. I guess people will find anything to complain about these days. People are dying but lets get salty about a resources name!

Pretty much this.

I don't see pain resource being renamed Fury will have any impact either in-game o lore wise. Move along...

lol.
    They might as well do it with abilities too since with the new changes they're making Vengeance play more like Havoc with Fel Devastation being a baseline eye beam now, and having demonic as a talent. The 2 specs can keep their unique graphics for abilities but why have spells named differently that do the same shit.
    You just made me want to play my DH Tank again. Those are great ideas !

They have no unpruning for DHs this is why they do it to say "we are unpruning all classes".

Look at the dhs changes: pain got fury, Immolation aura for both specs (albeit Immolation aura being a weaker version and is not even good in st without the new havoc Talent that replaced Immolation aura)

As you can see we got nothing new but they could not admit it, so they quickly changed the name of vdhs ressource.

And since I am a salty havoc player: this is even further proven when you read "New passive for havoc dhs: unending hatred which increased the ressource to get 1 or 2 more Chaos strikes in". Atm havoc has 120 fury and with this "New" passive we have... 120 fury.

Watching you lot tear each other apart over nothing is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Should've just called it rage since that's what it is.
    Nah, Pain isn't Rage. A significant amount of Rage generation comes from AAs, and a sizeable portion comes from taking damage, with the remainder coming from abilities. Pain is almost 100% generated from abilities, with a few talents to grant generation from other sources. Not the same.

All in all, Pain is identical to Fury, except that Pain lacks any of the RNG aspects to generation that Havoc's Fury has, and that can just be a spec distinction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    T.b.h. Pain was a dumb name, glad they change it to Fury. Sounds a lot better!

Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    This is dumb. Yes, Pain and Fury are effectively the same resource, but the name Pain for Vengeance's resource is an evocative and effective description, which is exactly what the name of a resource is supposed to do -- all things equal, you might as well just call them both "Energy", or call a paladin's resource "Combo Points" just like a rogue.

This is homogenization for the sake of it. It has nothing to do with the real problem of specs being too different, which is about players switching specs and getting a completely different loadout of abilities that they don't know how to use.
    Your complaining about Vdh losing Pain and going to fury is just petty. We've had homogenization for years. Rogue and feral as prime example. Don't see you complaining about that. What about bear tanks and warriors? See how mundane and stupid you made yourself look without even realizing it? Normal people could care less about Pain resource getting removed and going to one resource. Do some research first buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Your complaining about Vdh losing Pain and going to fury is just petty. We've had homogenization for years. Rogue and feral as prime example. Don't see you complaining about that. What about bear tanks and warriors? See how mundane and stupid you made yourself look without even realizing it? Normal people could care less about Pain resource getting removed and going to one resource. Do some research first buddy.
    I actually think feral/rogue and bear/warrior are fine. The druid specs are supposed to "mimic" those classes in some way. It's kinda cool

People are dying but lets get salty about a resources name!
    People are always dying.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I actually think feral/rogue and bear/warrior are fine. The druid specs are supposed to "mimic" those classes in some way. It's kinda cool
    That is fine. Normal people don't concern themselves with idiotic problems like Kansor.

Demon Hunter: What's, what's happening? I can't feel my legs. I can't feel any pain?
    Angel: You're moving on to the shadowlands my son.
    Demon Hunter: I'm DYING? But I'm too young to die. I haven't even...
    Angel: Oh! No, no, no. You're not dying. Just moving on to Shadowlands(tm) so we took your pain away.

It more regens generally similar Energy and not like Fury.