Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I've always been told exercise is one of the best anti-depressants there is. I don't know the in's and out's of it, but isn't it something to do with the endorphins released when exercising? "A healthy body is a healthy mind" is some sort of expression used too, I believe?
    It's true.

I was a NEET for a year, had massive savings from my job and... well, as my weight increased and passivity set in, I was down bad. Like, tying noose down bad.

My back was killing me so I went to the doctor and he said my lower back basically has no muscle and there was a real danger in sustained permanent disability due to how tall I am. That was it, got gym membership and 6 months later... man. The grass did become greener.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2021-12-15 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Athletic? He looks like a stick figure lmao.
    He's at give or take the same height and weight as Olekasndr Usyk while holding the undisputed world cruiserweight boxing title, that's one weight class below heavyweight. How do you figure that 190lbs is a stick figure? Unless you're a bodybuilder with body dismorphia? The guy also has clear decent triceps and developed shoulders in line with a normal healthy male who exercises.

He's bigger than me, I'm around 170lbs and 5'10. At one point I was at around 210-215lbs, which is just fat even though I also had more muscle then.

With every post you make it's pretty clear that you're more interested in bodyshaming people than having a civilised discussion. You're foaming and projecting and also torn from reality, unable to understand the psychology of other humans. Or perhaps you simply lack empathy, which would explain the bodyshaming.

" Just stop eating " " Just work out " " Just stop drinking " is incredibly easy to say but it's the equivalent of telling a homeless person to just get a job. It's completely ignorant of why those things happen in the first place.
    It's not up to me what you do with your life, and you can lie to your self all you want about why you're overweight or why other people are overweight but those excuses are only to convince yourself, nobody else is convinced. And don't talk about alcohol addiction, it defined my childhood with my father (and it killed him when I was 17). Nobody was under the impression that it was anyone elses fault, nor that anyone else could fix the problem other than him.

That's the problem with overweight people who make excuses for themselves and then expect everyone else to play along. Thankfully most people are well aware that the cause of their issues with being overweight is purely their own choice at the end of the day and they are OK to live with it. The people in denial are the ones who need a wake up call, like you.

I've always been told exercise is one of the best anti-depressants there is. I don't know the in's and out's of it, but isn't it something to do with the endorphins released when exercising? "A healthy body is a healthy mind" is some sort of expression used too, I believe?
    Yeah it's a common expression, there is a lot of science behind it and it's a well understood subject (among experts, of which I am not one). Exercise always makes me feel better, of course the hard part is just getting off your ass and doing it and your mind will play tricks on you to convince you to be lazy but when you make the effort it always works out.

In the UK it's a common thing for a doctor to prescribe physical activity. Infact my sister who has had back troubles and depression issues has recently also been given a personal trainer, gym membership and a swimming program (all on the NHS) with the goal to help fix some hormonal imbalances and to strengthen some muscles in her back.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-12-15 at 02:05 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    snip
    It seems like you never dropped that weight. Not really. You clearly have a massive chip on your shoulder regarding the subject, and find whatever excuse you need to bodyshame people and show just how much better than them you are. Whatever self worth issues you have, they weren't due to the weight. I'm done with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has long served it's purpose and has descended into both body shaming and trolling as well as a signal for bots, therefore locking it now.

There is plenty of advice and constructive discussion in earlier pages.

If anyone wishes to re-open this discussion be warned the standard for commentary, and especially advice, will be exceptionally high.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2021-12-15 at 09:07 AM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.