15+ Year Old Account

Idea: Warfronts but with Horde/Alliance working together.

How likely is it to have a scenario where both Horde and Alliance are dropped off in a map, where they both have to either assist an organization (like the illidari or some third party organization that is neutral) or just compete with one another to beat a threat or destroy an enemy faction?

For instance. Alliance and Horde are dropped off on an island, to assist Booty Bay trade merchants in capturing a regional pirate holdout. Both sides either start in the same place or start in different parts of the map and have to battle waves of pirates and capture nodes so that they can gain access to the center of the map (which can be locked by a gate) now this scenario can pit both Horde and Alliance against a PVE threat and have both sides work together and share resources, or have them compete (without killing eachother or attacking one another) to defeat this threat.

There can be mechanisms in place to allow for limited pvp around the map, like having players sign up and be enlisted into black ops teams and participate in unsanctioned missions that pits black ops agents of both factions against eachother in different parts of the map. the result of that pvp might not affect the outcome of the match but it might award only the players who participated in the black ops missions.

there can even be a lose conditions that trigger through mechanisms such as reinforcement counters and VIP NPCs. so the AI controlled side can win by either having the players die too many times and thus running the reinforcement counter to 0 (which goes down by 1 everytime a player dies and respawns) or have the VIP NPC killed when players fail to destroy an advancing wave that gets dangerously close to the heart of their base.

I think it can be a great way for Blizzard to bring some healthy competition into the game without having both factions openly fight eachother in an all-out war. it would make sense from a lore stand-point too as neither side is actively attacking one another but working together (or competing with eachother) to beat an opponent in a warfront-like scenario. and as for the black ops part of the scenario, well lore-wise both sides can deny liability as they are black ops teams on unsanctioned missions.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2020-04-18 at 01:46 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is a stupid idea. It would take a huge amount of development for one thing. The faction divide is as strong as ever so players would not be interested in that sort of co-operation. This reads like an idea one would have after a few cones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    This is a stupid idea. It would take a huge amount of development for one thing. The faction divide is as strong as ever so players would not be interested in that sort of co-operation. This reads like an idea one would have after a few cones.
    There is faction divide in the lore atm but its not "as strong as ever", if anything it's probably back to classic-level. There is no longer an open war between the two factions, the forsaken are rallying behind Calia Menethil (who is friendly towards Alliance) Tyrande is back in Ashenvale probably trying to take back traditional Night Elf lands from Horde (which is not a strong presence since their defeat in Darkshore). The Worgen probably will take Gilneas in time seeing that Undercity is all but destroyed.

As for the idea being stupid idea. how so? It's not a dramatically new idea so the project doesn't seem that new to brainstorm and create.

Warfronts are basically raid size scenarios, if Blizz wants they can use them to deliver what ever experience they want.

5+ Year Old Account
    Except considering Alliance is literally dying playerbase wise and we just got done with an entire expansion about breaking the cycle, I'd say its likely a lot of people want to crossfaction PvE.

OP's idea would be a great way to salvage warfront tech.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

The ONLY positive aspect of Warfronts compared to any other kind of content is the zero wait time because it neither depends on faction parity (lol!) like regular BGs do, nor on roles like LFR does.

This proposal sounds a LOT like bigger island expeditions to me. I will be frank here: I did not like island expeditions and neither did i like Warfronts. So a mixture of both sounds like a complete waste of development time to me.

I'm all for abolishing the faction barrier. In fact, it should have been removed 2 years ago. 6, if it was my decission to make. But Warfronts really were among the most boring things i ever had to suffer in WoW, and i did Winterspring Sabre in original Vanilla. I think that says something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally would enjoy this, I actually really liked warfront and hope they reuse them in some form or another down the line. My idea was to have a whole (larger) zone dedicated to a continuous back and forth between A+H Vs some larger threat. Maybe at every reset the playing field is also reset. Over time you can take more land to add more daily activities to the zone, But don't get to comfy if your side louses ground so to do you louse access. Maybe balance it around requiring about 3 days to fully unlock each time. This would tap into one of the bigger things people liked about old AV where you would have a battle go on for long periods of time, sometimes you would come back to the same battle to be amazed at how much ground you gained, or shocked at the lost ground. Maybe they could add a way to temporarily win the battle but lock it behind something requiring a truly grate push from the players.

speak for yourself, I would find this fun and have found the faction dived pointless post MoP
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2020-04-19 at 08:19 PM.