Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I assumed they have follow the other countries laws to even operate
    This is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    It doesn't matter because you'd have to take Blizzard to court to enforce your country's laws. Do you have the capital to make a point?
    This isn't correct. If a corporation is violating the law, it's not up to the individual to create the case against the company. Usually a country will have some point of contact for these type of complaints to be handled, I'd suggest looking for your Ombudsman representative and definitely don't try and get legal advice from the MMO-Champ forums where you get responses from clowns like this this guy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    lmao so what? important thing was that I updated it ASAP, kiddo
    The 6 months rule still exists for other things, go talk to a GM and come back
    ok so you did update it but that doesn't change the fact that it was a clickbait title based on false information to start with to draw people in.

I've already gone over why the 6 month rule exists for services etc - firstly, so people don't abuse the system and secondly because you've already used the bloody thing. If you pay for game time, use a week of it you can't then just turn around and say "nope, don't like it, want a refund" - that's not how that works. In game services are different to actual games - if you've used it, you're bloody lucky they give you a refund at all. if you haven't used it, I would question why you purchased a service (let's say a Name Change) then decided against using it, so requested a refund which they give you.... then you buy another Name Change a month later and again change your mind and request a refund only for it to be denied. I mean who would actually do that? who would purchase 2 in game services only to change their mind instantly and not want to use them in a 6 month period? I don't understand!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mashanerz View Post
    This is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't correct. If a corporation is violating the law, it's not up to the individual to create the case against the company. Usually a country will have some point of contact for these type of complaints to be handled, I'd suggest looking for your Ombudsman representative and definitely don't try and get legal advice from the MMO-Champ forums where you get responses from clowns like this this guy.
    clearly you haven't read OP's post history or thread history. refunds wouldn't be universal like that - there would be limitations depending on if they had used the product or not - for example, going with a different game here but Pokemon Go recently had a ticket that you could buy that gave you special research which resulted in you getting a legendary Pokemon. now you could do the research, get the leggo Pokemon, trade it to someone else and then request a refund. Would they be obliged to refund you? fuck no. you used the product, you got the rewards, tough luck

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    ok so you did update it but that doesn't change the fact that it was a clickbait title based on false information to start with to draw people in.

I've already gone over why the 6 month rule exists for services etc - firstly, so people don't abuse the system and secondly because you've already used the bloody thing. If you pay for game time, use a week of it you can't then just turn around and say "nope, don't like it, want a refund" - that's not how that works. In game services are different to actual games - if you've used it, you're bloody lucky they give you a refund at all. if you haven't used it, I would question why you purchased a service (let's say a Name Change) then decided against using it, so requested a refund which they give you.... then you buy another Name Change a month later and again change your mind and request a refund only for it to be denied. I mean who would actually do that? who would purchase 2 in game services only to change their mind instantly and not want to use them in a 6 month period? I don't understand!!!
    Nope, it was not a clickbait at all, but you can assume what you want, I don't care. It's like I am talking to a robot, that has never done any mistakes.

Your second paragraph is irrelevant, because you are giving us the 'reasons' why this policy is there. I am talking about the law aspect of things.
    The 1 refund per 6 months is garbage, and from what I see from this thread, their policies do not surpass other country laws.
    Last edited by yomammyass; 2020-04-08 at 02:26 PM.

LMAO so many people here literally have no clue yet they comment...
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2020-04-08 at 02:31 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, give it up. You have lost this argument, hands down. Just accept that you're wrong and move on.

And the fact that your only recourse seems to be resorting to ad-hominem really just hammers the point home....

clearly you haven't read OP's post history or thread history. refunds wouldn't be universal like that - there would be limitations depending on if they had used the product or not - for example, going with a different game here but Pokemon Go recently had a ticket that you could buy that gave you special research which resulted in you getting a legendary Pokemon. now you could do the research, get the leggo Pokemon, trade it to someone else and then request a refund. Would they be obliged to refund you? fuck no. you used the product, you got the rewards, tough luck
    Do I need to read their post history to answer a question about a companies legal requirement to follow local laws?

If your argument against my answer is to say the company was in fact following local laws, then you're not even addressing the question or my answer.

At this point it does not matter if they follow laws or not, it's their terms of service that is superior, because you accepted it
    You have no idea what you're talking about.
    You cant contract out of law....
    All consumer laws in the country of the deal is what counts.
    Me being swedish, could just open a lawsuit because it doesn't cost me anything, lose or fail.
    Then again, I wouldn't have to take it to court to actually win, I would simply call my bank, mark the purchase as fraud and let blizzard prove they are in the right, which they couldn't, due to said consumer laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Dude, give it up. You have lost this argument, hands down. Just accept that you're wrong and move on.

And the fact that your only recourse seems to be resorting to ad-hominem really just hammers the point home....
    How am I wrong? lmao

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, it was not a clickbait at all, but you can assume what you want, I don't care. It's like I am talking to a robot, that has never done any mistakes.

Your second paragraph is irrelevant, because you are giving us the 'reasons' why this policy is there. I am talking about the law aspect of things.
    The 1 refund per 6 months is garbage, and from what I see from this thread, their policies do not surpass other country laws.
    Yes but the law isn’t black and white. There are limits and exceptions. You can’t go into a restaurant, eat a meal then pay but then claim a refund because you didn’t like it. Because you’ve used the product!

But hey, maybe I’m wrong. What I am lacking then is more information. I’d love to know what you got refunded the first time, whether or not you used it, what you purchased and tried to return again, whether or not you used the second product and the length of time between the returns please

People in this thread have generally been trying to understand your position but when you readily lie and change your position it makes it difficult for anyone to be on your side. Try taking a step back. Learn not to make impulse purchases and you'll never need a refund. Hopefully this is something you can take away from this thread so it's not a complete waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do I need to read their post history to answer a question about a companies legal requirement to follow local laws?

If your argument against my answer is to say the company was in fact following local laws, then you're not even addressing the question or my answer.
    Because OP is being less than truthful and is not giving us the full picture here. Which is important and does in fact impact the legality of what Blizzard are doing

Blizzard does business is other nations and they must abide by local law. That is literally how it's always worked.

This is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

That's all fine and dandy but that's the how the real world works. Not my problem you can't fathom that

Yes but the law isn’t black and white. There are limits and exceptions. You can’t go into a restaurant, eat a meal then pay but then claim a refund because you didn’t like it. Because you’ve used the product!

But hey, maybe I’m wrong. What I am lacking then is more information. I’d love to know what you got refunded the first time, whether or not you used it, what you purchased and tried to return again, whether or not you used the second product and the length of time between the returns please
    Your example is flawed, because you can get a refund and potentially sue that restaurant for food poisoning

Same with Blizzard, you can make a misake and purchase a wrong service and then what? You got it refunded and now you are stuck with a 6 months cooldown GG.

AND

Stop saying that I lied, because I corrected myself ages ago in that old thread and I never repeated since, its you that misunderstood my points

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How am I wrong? lmao
    In whatever it is (exactly) that you're expecting people to agree with you on. You have vendetta against Blizzard over some refund that you think you're entitled to and you expect people here to sympathise and agree with you. Yet it's pretty clear that you've failed completely to win anyone over because you've clearly been dishonest in your approach, and now, instead of accepting what everyone is telling you, you've chosen to be insulting/condescending etc..

If your question in the OP was genuine the answer is, of course, that your country's laws trump Blizzard's policies. But that's not what this thread is about and people have called you out for it.

I'll leave to stew over this: Just because your country's law would entitle you to a refund won't change the fact that doing so would put you in breach of your agreement with Blizzard. And no country's law has any power to force Blizzard to provide you with any service if they've given you back your money, nor do they have any influence over what Blizzard chooses to do with your account.

I thought this might be a legit post. Oh well, another twisted and bitter person. Think about what you need to be change in your life dude.

All I know is, that Blizzard has 1 refund per 6 months policy on everything, besides preorders
    My country states that I can get a refund within 14 days, that includes online purchases etc.

In the past when I tried to refund something that was purchased within a day or two, I could not get it, because I need to wait 1 month till the 6 months cooldown expires.

a GM follows Blizzard's policies, so nothing I could do.
    Ah, but does it?

If you're in the UK at least

Cancelling a digital download

Digital downloads are given their own unique category under the Consumer Contracts Regulations and are therefore not services or goods.

If you want to download something within 14 days of buying it, you will have to give your consent to waive the 14-day cooling-off period.

If you don’t give your consent, the 14-day cooling-off period still applies, but you won’t be able to download your digital content until this period has ended.

This is to prevent you from changing your mind after you have downloaded the content.
    So if you bought gametime, you don't get cancellation rights.

Actual legislation link here.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...lation/37/made

You may find your country has similar laws. It's rarely going to be as simple as "You can get a refund within 14 days no matter what".

Well I watched Mattlock the other day in the bar - the sound wasn't on but I think I got the gist of it so I'm pretty much a lawyer, and my prognosis is that you're screwed.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

At this point it does not matter if they follow laws or not, it's their terms of service that is superior, because you accepted it
    In EU terms of service have to be in compliance with the law, else they are fully or partially void in retrospect should it come to a lawsuit, even if you agreed to them.
    So no, terms of service are not superior to law, atleast not in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    That's all fine and dandy but that's the how the real world works. Not my problem you can't fathom that
    Except that it literally isn't.

I even explained how you're wrong and the steps that can be taken. Saying "NU UH!" isn't exactly a solid argument.