10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 57States View Post
    Will this link work for you? I'm pretty sure that Wisconsin's Governor is not a Republican. I'm not the one hyperventilating, by the way. I'm also not the one wasting my time posting misinformation in a political thread with subject matter that DOESN'T PERTAIN TO THE COUNTRY THAT I RESIDE IN. I envy your apparent boredom.

*Ahem*

Anyway, the link is below. Enjoy.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wis...-polls-reports
    From your own link;

About 400 members of the National Guard will be deployed in Wisconsin to compensate for any shortages of poll workers in the state
    So, not for any imaginary threat of left-wing violence.

Nor is it even a suddenly new thing for this election in Wisconsin;

The 400 Guard members will be a smaller number, however, than were deployed in Wisconsin for its April presidential primary and August down-ballot elections, the AP reported. For those elections, 2,400 and 700 Guard members were deployed respectively, the report said.
    You have literally no clue what you're talking about, and your own source contradicts your nonsense theories, directly and explicitly.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    It literally says it in the fucking article, and title.
    Here is the title of the article:

Wisconsin governor calls for National Guard to assist at polls: reports

Would you please clarify how that title infers Republican supporter intimidation?
    I'm Joe Biden and I forgot this message.

Here is the title of the article:

Wisconsin governor calls for National Guard to assist at polls: reports

Would you please clarify how that title infers Republican supporter intimidation?
    Because Trump has been pushing that for a couple of weeks now. Meanwhile, no other candidate, in primaries, or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    From your own link;

So, not for any imaginary threat of left-wing violence.

Nor is it even a suddenly new thing for this election in Wisconsin;

You have literally no clue what you're talking about, and your own source contradicts your nonsense theories, directly and explicitly.
    Stop moving the goalposts, Endus. Your initial engagement with me was to place blame on President Trump for misappropriation of federal funds. You don't get to redirect the argument when someone calls you out on your bullshit. Would you like me to quote your posts? Please say no since, to be frank, it's embarrassing.
    I'm Joe Biden and I forgot this message.

Stop moving the goalposts, Endus. Your initial engagement with me was to place blame on President Trump for misappropriation of federal funds. You don't get to redirect the argument when someone calls you out on your bullshit. Would you like me to quote your posts? Please say no since, to be frank, it's embarrassing.
    Tap dancing around everything, aren't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Tap dancing around everything, aren't you?
    Someone get the hook.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Trump, for victory!

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Trump, for victory!
    Trump for Prison.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    And your claim that the National Guard was being dispatched to tamp down left-wing violence was what I was responding to, in that post.

No goalposts being moved on my end, at all. You're just lying, because you know you can't back any of this horse shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Hope you're right because this news had me seething when I read it. Upsetting though it may be that these cowards are trying to thrown out my vote, at least it shows how fucking terrified they are. The Republican party needs to be relegated to the scrapheap of history, sooner rather than later. The only thing the next Democratic administration needs to do it solidify the integrity of our voting process to make sure these clowns never take the White House ever again.

Might have already been posted, but here's the NYT poll:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/01/u...wisconsin.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There is no law that says the states must count all their votes on Election Day. And in the earliest days of the Constitution, that would have been impossibel anyhow.

Even if Trump is, somehow, allowed to challenge an election on grounds of a law that does not exist, the time it would take to work its way through would allow states to complete their count anyhow.
    The minute he contests, the red states be all "Well, TangerJesus said no, so I guess I'll toss these ballots out. Burn them. And salt the Earth there so no Liberal ideas take root."
    or.
    Weeks later "Oh, you mean these ballots?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

To quote some of the political ads, "This is the greatest election of our lifetime." In a normal Presidential election year, that would be hyperbole but this year, I don't think it is.

Recent Supreme Court decisions are leaning more toward state rights as a basis for striking down rulings.

I believe this tells us a path going forward. Even if Trump loses, the hope from sneaky Mitch and the GOP is that they can re-focus their ground game toward state-level races to continue to take over and fuck as many states as possible through gerrymandering over the next decade. If Biden doesn't win the Senate or loses the Senate in 2022 and DOESN'T expand the court, pretty much everything that Republicans don't like that gets passed at a federal level will get challenged and overturned by activist judges who will scream "states rights".

Want to cast election reform? Struck down, it's states rights to decide how to hold their elections.

Want to make education at state university and tech schools free? Struck down, it's states rights to decide to charge students.

National mask mandate? Struck down, it's up to state governments how to control pandemic response.

Everything Joe tries to do to help the American people they will twist their brains like a pretzel to somehow decide it's up to states to make those decisions. It's the same tactic we've seen in states like Wisconsin where, on their way out the door, they try to curtail all power the Democrats would gain through bullshit means. We're just seeing the attempt being done on this now at the federal level.

There was recently an article on Mother Jones correlating the turnout records in Texas with the fact Democrats made it easier to vote.

The fact of the matter is, Republicans don't want voters to vote because they will lose if everyone votes.

So on their way out the door, their hope is to use the Supreme Court to ensure any progress they've made toward fucking our voting system can be struck down. Their hope is that Joe Biden doesn't pack the courts either, so they can keep their status quo.

If we win the Presidency and the Senate, and Joe Biden fails to expand the Supreme Court and enact Election reform (which includes adding states like DC and PR), it's game over for American democracy over the next 10-15 years.

If we win the Presidency but fail to take the Senate, it's game over for American democracy within the next decade.

If we don't win the Presidency or the Senate, it's game over for American democracy within the next couple of years.

10+ Year Old Account
    538 has Trump ahead in Ohio by literally 0.1%

Trump will likely win Ohio, but he won Ohio in 2016 by 8%. For the race to be this close is a damning statement for him indeed.

You shouldn't worry. The country will be fine in the end. The National Guard has already been dispatched to several major cities to deal with the inevitable destruction that will be caused by the butthurt liberals after President Trump's reelection.
    Meanwhile it reality Trump supporters in Texas engaged in terrorism that caused a Biden event to be cancelled.

Based on the NYT poll, how fucked is Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Based on the NYT poll, how fucked is Trump?
    It seems he's pretty right fucked.

However, as 538 notes in their poll, they're all not taking any "extraconstitutional shenanigans" into account; i.e, Trump trying to get the matter decided by groups he installed far more sympathetic to him than the electoral college or American people. Which is unfortunately still a plausible way for Trump to win.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

NYT poll further shows the Iowa Selzer poll is a huge outlier.

0 movement towards Trump in any important states. The result is right where I wanted it.

We will have a winner on election night. Polls this close to the election are predictive.

FBI investigating ‘Trump Train’ swarming of Biden bus on Texas interstate: report

Hopefully everyone one of those terrorist are identified, arrested and charged to the fullest extent of the law including any and all law enforcement who were assisting/participating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    paragraph
    While I agree with you, I think you're underestimating the tools the Federal gov has to make states bend the knee.

Look at the drinking age, it's up to the states to "decide" but they were told no Federal Highway money until they "decided" to make it 21.