Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Waste of money...
    Well he is openly saying he will do a coup and declare victory tomorrow before the votes are all counted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Well he is openly saying he will do a coup and declare victory tomorrow before the votes are all counted.
    Luckily that has absolutely zero legal standing.

And unlike the other illegal stuff trump has done secretively and been excused for later... if Biden is elected Trump can’t “break a law to not be removed as president and then be forgiven for it”
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Luckily that has absolutely zero legal standing.

And unlike the other illegal stuff trump has done secretively and been excused for later... if Biden is elected Trump can’t “break a law to not be removed as president and then be forgiven for it”
    He is already thanking the supreme court at his rallies for giving him the election.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is already thanking the supreme court at his rallies for giving him the election.
    It has to make it to them first. Trump has no legal power or authority to challenge the election results.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

He's been trying to do that.

Trump has already demanded that a winner be decided by midnight Tuesday evening. Any votes uncounted after that time will be discarded.

It has to make it to them first. Trump has no legal power or authority to challenge the election results.
    One of his lackeys on tv and he has said the plan.

1) declare victory after midnight if he is ahead.
    2) declare any counting after as illegal and challenge it in court.
    3) have his lackeys on the supreme court use the Kavanaugh reasoning if you want to call it that to throw out the votes.
    4) become dictator and declared president for life at the end of second term.

I sort of suspect the GOP will legally challenge every single early votes signature to try to grind everything to a halt until the clock runs out and they shrug and go well I guess the state legislatures will have to pick their own slates.

I wouldn't put it past him. Here in Texas he's already sued to have 127,000 mail-in ballets from Harris County (a primarily democrat area) thrown out. At least the Texas supreme court told him 'no'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    I wouldn't put it past him. Here in Texas he's already sued to have 127,000 mail-in ballets from Harris County (a primarily democrat area) thrown out. At least the Texas supreme court told him 'no'.
    That's not Trump, that's local Republicans in Texas who are suing. And it goes to federal court today, so we'll see if they are tossed out or stand.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I sort of suspect the GOP will legally challenge every single early votes signature to try to grind everything to a halt until the clock runs out and they shrug and go well I guess the state legislatures will have to pick their own slates.
    If things go that route and he full on steals it, I expect things to get pretty violent, otherwise we will be lost as a nation as they have just stolen Democracy and the people sat on their hands and let it happen.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

No matter what the outcome is of the election, I fear for the future. Not only for the US, but also for the rest of the world.

Nowadays, truth isn't made anymore by facts, logic and reasoning. Truth is something you believe in, like religion.

Even when there is evidence and facts, it's not true when you don't believe it's true.
    And the same goes the other way, you don't need evidence and facts when you believe something is true.

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    No matter what the outcome is of the election, I fear for the future. Not only for the US, but also for the rest of the world.

Nowadays, truth isn't made anymore by facts, logic and reasoning. Truth is something you believe in, like religion.

Even when there is evidence and facts, it's not true when you don't believe it's true.
    And the same goes the other way, you don't need evidence and facts when you believe something is true.
    No, the truth is made by the facts, its just that those who dislike they ignore them like they always have and even have a network that peddles the lies and conspiracies to them to reinforce that.

Nowadays though, history isn't written by the victors. It is written by the cameras and the footage and the internet that never forgets. The truth is the truth, regardless of ones belief in it. What needs to be addressed is Fox lying to its base and pretending to be news when it is the opposite.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed.

Good thing that's very illegal. Trump doesn't get to change the rules just because he's losing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post

Well I get the way it feels, it has actually always been that way. It is easy to get super gloomy looking at the current situation, but history is really nasty, and we have seen all this stuff before. Sometimes things get better, sometimes they don't.

The point is, don't get depressed about it. Just keep doing your best to make the world around you better, and don't let the current narrative get you down. Detox from all the media negativity every once in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden invades Ohio.

The trolling is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Indeed.

Good thing that's very illegal. Trump doesn't get to change the rules just because he's losing.
    Kavanaugh has already signaled that he backs that thinking since when has rules ever stopped these amoral scum bags.

Biden invades Ohio.

The trolling is real.
    I don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't get it.
    I've been saying for a while now, that Biden -- who has excess money and time Trump doesn't have -- should intentionally campaign in states Trump should carry, just to make Trump go on the defensive. Not trying to win the states as much as keeping Trump from attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't get it.
    OH is a state that should be clearly going red, but it's actually only +0.4 Trump right now if we are to believe the polls. Biden going to OH, a state Trump shouldn't have to worry about, and making him worry about it, could indeed be considered political trolling imo. I'm not convinced Biden can make a case to swing it blue but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been saying for a while now, that Biden -- who has excess money and time Trump doesn't have -- should intentionally campaign in states Trump should carry, just to make Trump go on the defensive. Not trying to win the states as much as keeping Trump from attacking.
    Not that I disagree with this logic overall, but I think the day before the election might be better spent firing up your base in more likely swing states.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.