10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    I'm hearing Repulican Election Day turnout is lower than expected in key areas. Is that true?
    It’s only 1 pm on the west coast... my lunch literally ended... 7 min ago... hmm....
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    RCP is factoring in a lot of last minute garbage polls that Trafalgar threw out to muddy the waters.
    Alright, well I hope they're wrong, put it that way. I'm willing America to do the right thing this time; I don't want to wake up tomorrow morning and find out that Biden lost. Four more years of that fuck, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Amen. My entire family dropped off our mail-in ballots here in Florida like 2-3 weeks ago at the Hillsborough County Election Supervisors office. We didn't want to risk DeJoys sabotage of the USPS stealing our votes.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, the many names of Dave Ryder. What about "Rip Steakface", "Blast Hardcheese" or "Big McLargeHuge?"
    My vote for pres doesn't really matter so much here in Illinois, but don't care, still voted that douchbag out. Yours however 100% does matter so I'm glad you got them in early!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hearing Repulican Election Day turnout is lower than expected in key areas. Is that true?
    idk about key areas, but my voting place, had a total of 3 people voting when I went, with 1 of them registering to vote. But my polling place is never ever crowded or anything on any election day so it's not evidence of anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I wasn't sure if there'd be early voting in my county this year, I requested and then personally handed in my absentee ballot back in September.

I do have an inkling of hope that this state will go blue, especially since there's two senate seats that have a chance to flip. If I remember correctly, Abrams just barely lost in 2018 and she was behind in polls, so hopefully Biden's slight lead in GA polling actually points to a win here.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/10...rd-poll-shows/

Sixty-three percent of poll respondents said they will “definitely be voting,” compared to 47% during this same time in 2016.
    Younger voters are getting the fuck out to vote, and unsurprisingly favor Biden over Trump. This is great, and I'll be glad if I never have to chide the younger demographic (which I'm sadly no longer a part of) for not getting off their asses and going to the polls/dropping off ballots.

I'd be thrilled to say, "Thanks, younger progressives!" when the election results are final, and enjoy the new political muscle that the progressive wing of the party will hopefully enjoy following this demographic mobilizing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunspot22 View Post
    Because I wasn't sure if there'd be early voting in my county this year, I requested and then personally handed in my absentee ballot back in September.

I do have an inkling of hope that this state will go blue, especially since there's two senate seats that have a chance to flip. If I remember correctly, Abrams just barely lost in 2018 and she was behind in polls, so hopefully Biden's slight lead in polling actually points to a win here.
    So many folks I have not seen before, coming to the sub forum... this is awesome!! Welcome!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspot22 View Post

I do have an inkling of hope that this state will go blue, especially since there's two senate seats that have a chance to flip. If I remember correctly, Abrams just barely lost in 2018 and she was behind in polls, so hopefully Biden's slight lead in GA polling actually points to a win here.
    I have a bit of hope too. demo's are changing big time in that state. Abrams just barely lost with A LOT of cheating involved by Kemp. So i think it's very much in play.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...joe-biden-rnc/

Cliff Zhonggang Li, who heads an organization called the National Committee of Asian American Republicans, has switched his political allegiances right before the election, endorsing Joe Biden in an October 30 press release. “When the President openly calls Proud Boys, categorized by the FBI as an extremist group, to stand by, it reminds us of the Red Guards during the Cultural Revolution, when the Dictator called on his supporters to oppress all different political voices as unpatriotic,” Li wrote in the release.

This stance, Li, says, has drawn an immediate backlash: A cease and desist letter from the Republican National Committee demanding that Li stop using a logo that resembles its own, and an article in the right-leaning RedState that quotes a former RNC member who says Li is a Chinese agent.
    Amusing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/10...rd-poll-shows/

Younger voters are getting the fuck out to vote, and unsurprisingly favor Biden over Trump. This is great, and I'll be glad if I never have to chide the younger demographic (which I'm sadly no longer a part of) for not getting off their asses and going to the polls/dropping off ballots.

I'd be thrilled to say, "Thanks, younger progressives!" when the election results are final, and enjoy the new political muscle that the progressive wing of the party will hopefully enjoy following this demographic mobilizing.
    Being a part of that demographic, I was happy to see plenty of others in line too. Last election I received my absentee ballot days after the election ended
    So being the salty person I am, I got up at 5am to make sure my ass submitted one of the first 100 votes in my area.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I guess losing isn't enough; Republicans are going to gamble their lives at another Whitehouse superspreader event tonight.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ronavirus.html
    will they be able to hold 400 people in the bunker?

How are things looking?

I think people are getting ahead of themselves, and should wait until results actually start coming in.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11...-polling-place

The Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department said they arrested an armed man Tuesday who returned to a polling place after being banned from the site earlier in the day.

The man, who was wearing a Trump hat, combat boots and a visible sidearm, unnerved Democrats who were gathered for a rally near the polling site, at the Oasis Shrine Temple in Charlotte, N.C. The mayor of Charlotte, Vi Alexander Lyles, and Representative Alma Adams were among those attending the rally.

The police identified the man as Justin Dunn, 36. They said in a statement that he voted at the site but “continued to loiter” afterward, prompting a call to the police “regarding Dunn possibly intimidating other voters.”

Mr. Dunn was asked to leave by a supervisor at the polling place and was banned from returning, the police said. He left but later returned and was arrested and charged with second-degree trespassing. Openly carrying a firearm is legal in North Carolina.
    Very fine people!

How are things looking?
    Got CNN on in the background. Says first exit polling in 30 minutes. But not sure how that'll go with vast majority voting early, if they adjusted for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are things looking?
    It’s 1:30 PM on the west coast... most people are currently whining that their lunch was too short... when you ask in an hour, most people will hit the PM wall and will start dragging until 5. Once that happens, it will be 8 PM on the east coast and you can return to asking this question...

Reminder... Early exit polls are going to be garbage this year as there are so many absentee ballots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. I hope the press ignores them if he does. And it would also be a matter of whether the GOP would let Trump run again; it depends on how badly he loses if he loses today. If it's a blowout I doubt they would be eager to let him run again.
    It would be a beautiful thing if he was ousted from the GoP and decided to run again on a third-party ticket. At that point, they would just be handing Democrats four more years and even more downballot flips.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

How are things looking?
    We'll probably start seeing some exit polling pretty soon but we are still a couple hours away from official results. I'm not even sure what to expect from exit polling this year due to the amount of mail in ballots.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It would be a beautiful thing if he was ousted from the GoP and decided to run again on a third-party ticket. At that point, they would just be handing Democrats four more years and even more downballot flips.
    Unfortunately, I don't think the GOP's policies allow them to prevent someone from running on their ticket. If they did, they wouldn't have had a literal Neo Nazi running for a House seat in Illinois in 2018.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    He will start his own news network... Tump News... all antifa, all the time...