Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Wish it was the case, but it's debatable. Franco's regime in Spain lasted 36 years.

The Estado Novo regime in Portugal held on for something like 40.

Of course they both left their respective countries effectively in ruin, but nevertheless they were remarkably long lived.

I think when a Fascist regime successfully integrates social conservatives and religion, its potential longevity is bolstered by a type of fanaticism.

We're already seeing that happen in the US where religious fundies do much of the fascists dirty work, with a fervor only religious loons are capable of.

The unholy alliance of religion and fascism in the US is here to stay.
    Didnt Franco's regime end up being supported by nazi germany?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Guys, remember the warnings of a red mirage. There are a few states that won't start counting absentee votes until tomorrow.
    doesn't matter, the fact its this close means we all deserve to suffer

Guys, remember the warnings of a red mirage. There are a few states that won't start counting absentee votes until tomorrow.
    Yeah, but it would have been nice to not have Trump go 5/5 on the early reporting swing states.

It's a painful reality that half the country truly is deplorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that will matter. Too many of Trump's leads are beyond what I expect even 2020's absentee ballots to change.

Pennsylvania, different story, but we all know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    How worried should I be about House and Senate?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hold MI and WI. With them and AZ, he has 270. PA makes it 290.
    Hillary suffered 5 faithless electors in 2016. If Biden reached 270 after the election, just 1 faithless elector costs him the white house. Trump had zero faithless electors in 2016.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Alot, probaly.

This is very much not over and we're not getting definitive results until tomorrow at the very earliest. I hate that the election is such a toss-up when Trump is obviously such a shit candidate but it's down to a handful of tight races.

Then again, even if Biden wins in theory, tight races means more doors open to Republican ratfuckery of all stripes. You Americans are not outta the woods yet whatever happens.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every single human being in the last county in Arizona could vote for Trump, and Biden would still be in the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    doesn't matter, the fact its this close means we all deserve to suffer
    well.... tbf, it was this close at this time in 2018, and we saw the end results of that.

Which ones?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Senate staying red for sure. House - up for grabs

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Didnt Franco's regime end up being supported by nazi germany?
    In the initial Civil War fought to take power, yes. But it far out lived the Nazis, lasting well into the mid 70's.

10+ Year Old Account
    The house, not at all. The senate.... maybe 50/50, with the VP being a tie breaker
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

5+ Year Old Account
    This is despicable, but not surprising considering the age of anti-intellectualism and misinformation Trump helped to maintain. I'm not entirely against leaving idiots to their own devices.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    In the initial Civil War fought to take power, yes. But it far out lived the Nazis, lasting well into the mid 70's.
    Ah. Atleast learned something there.

Dont you find it frustrating to be at the sidelines as non American?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Ah. Atleast learned something there.

Dont you find it frustrating to be at the sidelines as non American?
    I am American. I just live in Europe. It's 4:30 in the morning here, I have to work in 4 hours, and I can't sleep for the life of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Oh no, this is a mandate. MAJOR changes incoming. You won't recognize America in 4 years.
    LOL. You have widespread voter intimidation, open calls for voter suppression and the national guard deployed to combat violence over an election. America is already unrecogniseable.

Also, no, you do not know what a mandate is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Which ones?
    PA and MI are the only ones you need to pay attention to for late arriving votes really. On the outside chance, NC.

Edit: wait, not NC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Every single human being in the last county in Arizona could vote for Trump, and Biden would still be in the lead.
    AZ is called for Biden then?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker