10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    So what are the bets on Trump pardoning himself vs trying to get Pence to do it?
    Like it or not, a Trump self-pardon may be coming soon

I wasn't going to post it, but you asked.

Should Trump attempt to pardon himself, a Supreme Court case suggests that such a move is akin to admitting guilt. In other words, a self-pardon would ultimately be self-defeating because it would supply the impetus needed by Congress to deploy the ultimate constitutional remedy for abuses of power: impeachment. Of course, Trump has already been impeached once. Would a Democratic House try to impeach him again if he ends up having to exit the White House early next year? Unlikely.

Under these unique circumstances, then, impeachment would seem to be an ineffective deterrent, and therefore a self-pardon might succeed. It is unclear who, if anyone, would have the necessary legal standing required to challenge a presidential self-pardon in court. And even if a challenge was successfully brought, the ultimate decision would likely rest with the United States Supreme Court. How many of its six Republican-appointed justices (including three nominated by Trump himself) would oppose a Republican president’s self-pardon attempt? Unclear.

A less controversial alternative to a self-pardon would be for Trump and Vice President Pence to use the 25th Amendment to achieve the result they want. Trump would temporarily step down from the presidency at some point before the official end of his term, leaving Pence to take over as acting chief executive. Acting President Pence would pardon Trump, who could then become president again or resign from office. If pressed by Trump, would Pence — who may hope to run for president himself at some point — agree to such an arrangement? Unknown.
    It's an OP ED, but the author is informed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    with deutsche bank coming to collect those debts, China coming to collect, he doesn't have all the $$. His only chance is a gofundme, but as crazy as that sounds it actually might work.
    Yes it might, that's my point basically.

I can assure you he will be pumping 'em $$ one way or another bigly. Influence he wields will be immense and it will translate in major assets if he plays it right.

Heck, imagine he holds GOP at gunpoint if they want 'em sweet votes in 2022 and 2024. Why I bet he will actually hold them at gunpoint there.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    You think Trump would campaign for his son as president? I don't see it.

That would require Trump acknowledging his son as a potential equal or even as a superior (if he won and served two full terms).

Trump's ego has no room for anyone else but him.
    I do. It's not about his son being equal or superior, it's the amount of money they can funnel into the family coffer's, which I mean they did that quite well the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes it might, that's my point basically.

I can assure you he will be pumping 'em $$ one way or another bigly. Influence he wields will be immense and it will translate in major assets if he plays it right.

Heck, imagine he holds GOP at gunpoint if they want 'em sweet votes in 2022 and 2024. Why I bet he will actually hold them at gunpoint there.
    Or they just cut him off, take the L and move on. Whats good for Trump and his family when he is not the president is not good for everyone else in the GOP.

I have no doubt about it.

People who think he's finished are living in a dreamland. He's going to get so much $$ and influence out of this that he and his family is set for life, even with all this noise, lawsuits and what not that might or might not manifest.

He will start off by pushing his kids through party ranks and will end with having a big say who will run 2024 red-side. And Republicans will have to live with that, because they know that just like Bernie Sanders or even more than that - he will have millions of people doing whatever he says they should do in 2024.

I never said he was going away. I said he's done with the Republican Party.

The RNC didn't want him in 2016.

The RNC doesn't want him now.

He's going to have no say in the 2024 elections. The RNC doesn't have to do anything to keep him happy. All of his remaining supporters are not enough to win an election it seems. At least Bush managed to win 2 terms. Trump's going to go down in history as a one-hit wonder. No...the RNC aren't going to want to have him around as a reminder. That's going to apply to his kids as well. They can't even sell themselves as "self-made"...they can't pretend that all they got from their father was a "small" million dollar loan...

As far as him being "set for life"... well that could very well be "Life in Prison". NY State has a bunch of charges just sitting there waiting for Jan. 21 to roll around.

I'm glad I voted for Biden even though he would raise taxes on my parents significantly, because Trump is acting like a fucking clown. I just hope republicans hold the senate so we don't have a full on democrat government with no checks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by passingthrew View Post
    Or they just cut him off, take the L and move on. Whats good for Trump and his family when he is not the president is not good for everyone else in the GOP.
    Ha ha... They won't.

Because he has millions of people who would happily drink Trump Bath Water and kiss ground he walks on. GOP needs these people, it's just the reality.

Really it's as I said - look at numbers he brought in... He's not going anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Wonder where Skroe is these days...
    I'm sure he's smiling down upon us all

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    looks like most of the missing votes are from some of the most heavily biden areas (as well as one heavy trump one). so it'd just be a question of is it enough.
    Interesting. I'm looking forward to that count and seeing if Cunningham might actually prevail. I guess next week though....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    No, Trump's gone. The RNC won't wanna touch him after this. He drove too many lifelong Republican voters to vote for Biden. The people that Trump appeals to will always vote Republican anyway. He served his purpose but, out of the White House, he's more of a liability to them than an asset.

Also, I don't think Trump would ever actively campaign for someone else. He's too narcissistic for that. Everything has to be about him.
    Plus the risk that if he decides they aren't sucking up to him enough, he'll try to screw them as hard as possible. No one sane would take those odds.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The RNC didn't want him in 2016.

The RNC doesn't want him now.
    In 2016 he started as a comic relief candidate, in 2020 he's ex-president with a cult of personality unlike that of Bernie.

It's really a reality check thing. GOP needs him in years ahead and they will make a good deal with him behind the scenes.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump is starting his own network to go after Fox... He is about to milk the GOP and their followers for every penny they got.
    I saw that Donnie Dumb Dumb Jr and the Trump [Crime Family] Organization bought into OANN for something like $200M.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they can at this point. The Trump supporters are like the Tea Party on steroids and if the GOP abandoned Trump, they would lose most of their base. I remember seeing polls showing Trump rating higher than most other prominent GOP members. Not sure if that's the case but considering it's a cult of personality, I doubt it's changed. The GOP will likely pay lip service and try to tip toe around this as long as they can to avoid angering Trump supporters.

Ha ha... They won't.

Because he has millions of people who would happily drink Trump Bath Water and kiss ground he walks on. GOP needs these people, it's just the reality.

Really it's as I said - look at numbers he brought in... He's not going anywhere.
    Yes, Trump bath water, not gop bath water. Its a cult. Catering to Trump when he is out of office will be a disaster, in fact I kind of hope they do now.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    she would 100% be amazing sectreas

Some predictions from me on some cabinet positions.

I expect Bernie will be secretary of labor. Chris Coons will probably have a part of the administration, Im thinking secretary of state.
    Agreed. Unfortunately, we won't see her in that position because we'd lose her Senate seat to a GOP Governor appointment. We'll also have to be cognizant of any other Senator appointments to Cabinet level positions so that we don't lose the count in the Senate.

But yeah, Bernie would be terrific for SecLabor. I'm hoping there is a place for Abrams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I saw that Donnie Dumb Dumb Jr and the Trump [Crime Family] Organization bought into OANN for something like $200M.
    I hope it’s his own... let them eat each other’s audience...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Ha ha... They won't.

The GOP already has those people. They aren't going to vote for a Democrat. And they weren't enough to get him re-elected anyway.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Right, half of America lives in these counties

Here's how the counties voted in the 2016 election

Los Angeles county alone has more population than the combined total of these counties

Loss Angeles county has more population than these states combined
    This is precisely why the Electoral College has to go. And also the reason it almost certainly won't - the GOP can't win the White House without it.

Land doesn't vote!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    i think all he's ever really wanted to do was sell chinese made trump brand merchandise at 400% markup.
    He's been desperate to be a billionaire his entire life. I'm not sure he's ever achieved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Trump bath water, not gop bath water. Its a cult. Catering to Trump when he is out of office will be a disaster, in fact I kind of hope they do now.
    It will be a thing for GOP to tangle with.

Them abandoning him? HIM? A guy who can toss some tweets and rallies and destroy their base for 2022/24? Yeah, don't think they will have the balls for it.

They will put up a candidate that is more presidential and cut a deal with Trump to hype him up with his base 2024. Same goes for 2022 midterms.

it's crazy that the GOP is trying to replace Regan with Trump.