10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdhammer View Post
    Fringe ideas need to return to fringe websites. Fox News shifted ridiculously far into fringe territory during the 4 years of Trump. Hopefully they can readjust a bit now because their reach and influence is so significant that the next GOP presidential candidate may be much worse than Trump if they don’t recenter.
    Murdoch doesn’t care about that stuff. And while trump is certainly biting the fox hand that feeds, I find it far more likely that fox attempts to shift even further right to re-attract that audience, rather than suddenly decide to grow a spine, conscious, and soul.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Yeah, I have a friend who links Tim Pool videos all the time in Discord and I clicked on like 2 of them and I got a shit ton of far right outrage you tubers in my suggestions.
    Low information voters who watch Dim Fool and Sargon the Racist White Nationalist.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-11-09 at 01:42 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Voting out Trump was a major victory for democracy. His behavior over the last week was a new low for him...a remarkable achievement considering his behavior over the past four years.

The fight is not over though...his presidency has emboldened far-right behavior and almost half of the country voted for him. Don't be surprised if we see Don Jr. or Ivanka run in 2024.

@breadisfunny I posted on the forums again lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I guess QQ, QZone, Doutin and Kuiashou are Chinese sites... but what the heck is Telegram?
    It's an IM app. There's like, 1000000000000000000 of them nowadays

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Voting out Trump was a major victory for democracy. His behavior over the last week was a new low for him...a remarkable achievement considering his behavior over the past four years.

The fight is not over though...his presidency has emboldened far-right behavior and almost half of the country voted for him. Don't be surprised if we see Don Jr. or Ivanka run in 2024.

@breadisfunny I posted on the forums again lol
    I'm hoping the Trump brand is so tainted in the eyes of the GOP heads (and hopefully by coming lawsuits) that this is the last we'll have to hear of them in any legitimate political sense.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I regret saying fuck Nate silver... He narrowly got in there and I was a reactionary...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

jill stein did a recount in 2016 to try to save face from her giving trump the presidency, god i still cant believe green party voters " im actually like farther left than the dem party so im going to vote for jill stein and give the presidency to a far right lunatic' but i digress im glad green party got almost 0 votes this cycle, but the point is recounts usually dont change the outcomes when the margins are in the thousands, only in the hundreds. Oh and the good news is joe bidens lead in PA was BEFORE they started counting the litigated after 8pm ballots, so trump could have scotus throw those out and biden STILL WINS, lookin bad for trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    "a slightly larger percentage"
    Sorry, I think what you meant to say was "Biden wins in landslide" because that's what Trump called those same numbers when he won them.

You did mean to say "landslide", right?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sorry, I think what you meant to say was "Biden wins in landslide" because that's what Trump called those same numbers when he won them.

You did mean to say "landslide", right?
    If Trump's win was a landslide, this would be an avalanche.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the democrats refuse to even entertain any left wing ideas it's not really the fault of the voters who dont wanna vote for them lol
    Oh, stuff it. Plenty of left-wing elements in the Democratic platform. Fairer economy for the poor and middle class, universal health care, reforming policing, supporting immigration, boosting education, etc. It's all in there, if you ever bothered to check.

If you looked at that platform and said either "I prefer Trump", or "I don't see how Trump's any worse", you're not a left-winger in the first place. At least, not one looking for actual change, and not one looking to participate in the electoral process in good faith; your only rational goal could be to bring about societal collapse in the hopes that whatever nation is rebuilt from the ashes is more to your liking. Though you're not actually interested in that rebuilding; you're only interested in burning everything down.

https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    So all in all, this second semester we had:

- The NZ prime minister being re-elected, crushing the far right oposition,

- The Bolivians electing a Leftie president, totally repudiating the far right coup enablers.

- Chile voted for a new constitution, repudiating the pinochet one (by a massive margin),

- The US voting out the orange cancer.

All in all, not too bad for a redemption arc, eh?
    Also in Australia

The ACT (not the federal, but the one overseeing the territory) re-elected the Labor Government. Plus Queensland re-elected the state Labor Government.

Clive Palmer lost one of his lawsuits against the WA state government.

Here is hoping Australia can kick out Scott Morrison (Aussie brand Trump) out in 2022. And hopefully kick out #koalakiller in 2023.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2020-11-09 at 02:28 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know I actually do wonder what the GOP does now.

Like, despite a Trump loss he still pulled ahead with 10m additional votes and there were enough reds to keep the Senate and creep into the house; and only failed because of how he mishandled COVID, so it's not like running a Lunatic is a losing strategy. At the same time, I wonder if this loss will Demoralize Trumpsters or make them double down on being crazy people as the paranoia about a 'Deep State Coup!' festers. And, with that in mind, would the GOP continue to extend a hand to the increasingly lunatic fringe or try and go back to courting the Moderates that the Democrats took away from them at the potential expense of their solid, frenzied voting block?

...Or will they just double down on Voter suppression tactics - like they tried during this election - and not have any sort of introspection and continue to court crazy people with minimal electoral pushback because of their continued, successful ratfucking?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post

Like, despite a Trump loss he still pulled ahead with 10m additional votes and there were enough reds to keep the Senate and creep into the house; and only failed because of how he mishandled COVID, so it's not like running a Lunatic is a losing strategy. At the same time, I wonder if this loss will Demoralize Trumpsters or make them double down on being crazy people as the paranoia about a 'Deep State Coup!' festers. And, with that in mind, would the GOP continue to extend a hand to the increasingly lunatic fringe or try and go back to courting the Moderates that the Democrats took away from them at the potential expense of their solid, frenzied voting block?

...Or will they just double down on Voter suppression tactics - like they tried during this election - and not have any sort of introspection and continue to court crazy people with minimal electoral pushback because of their continued, successful ratfucking?
    It wouldn't surprise me if we got Trump's independent ticket in 2024. Of course, this will screw over the Republicans. Kinda like Teddy Roosevelt did to Taft in 1912.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if we got Trump's independent ticket in 2024. Of course, this will screw over the Republicans. Kinda like Teddy Roosevelt did to Taft in 1912.
    I really, really hope that happens and Trump gets stuffed again.

So the more I think about it, I think he will (1) never concede (2) claim the election was stolen (3) move to Mar a Lago around the holidays (bonus: no Xmas decorating for Melania) (4) not come back (5) big money grift as "the real president" doing speaking gigs and paid rallies
    https://twitter.com/dansinker/status...446951426?s=19

Thread.

More:
    * exclusively call Mar-a-Lago the "winter white house" or "southern white house"
    * License the Trump name to OANN for Trump TV
    * Live broadcast nightly, reliving what was the highlight of his presidency: March-May when thousands died but he got to be on live TV every day
    That latter one will run opposite the Tucker-Hannity hours, his revenge for what he thinks is Fox turning on him at the end.
    Finally, he'll be Republican kingmaker for the decade he remains alive. Pols and biz folks alike making runs to Florida to kiss the ring, cash on the barrel for every meeting, points on the package for all deals he brokers. Easy money.
    Oh and, all those "norms" that let this happen in the first place will ensure that he'll never see a jail cell. Nobody's locking up a former US Prez, sorry.
    Anyone have a problem with this?

The first post really seems a possibility. I know others in here have posted he might not come back to the White House and stay in Mara-a-Largo.

The media almost a certain. It's the easiest money he get and of course feed his narcassim.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Honestly I can see him - or one of his brood - attempting to run in 2024 assuming they're not mired in court cases, on their way to jail, or go broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post

I think they’ll double down on Trump. They’ll keep pushing the “fraud” narrative to keep the base fuming and ready to turn up at the midterms. Trump will keep holding rallies and grifting donations from people. And then he’ll run again in 2024. He’s their party. They got nothing else.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/dansinker/status...446951426?s=19

Thread.

Anyone have a problem with this?

The first post really seems a possibility. I know others in here have posted he might not come back to the White House and stay in Mara-a-Largo.

The media almost a certain. It's the easiest money he get and of course feed his narcassim.
    Wouldn't claiming to be the 'Real President' be close to sedition? Especially if he uses language that would encourage his supporters who defy the US government?

I dont prefer trump by any stretch, but I recognize this is a small victory not the great triumph people are pretending it is.
    The real POTUS, McConnell, got re-elected. There's still plenty of GOP state AG's out there willing to sue the feds and there's plenty of newly minted partisan judges to give them what they want. Small victory indeed.