Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Sent.

But again, I wasn't arguing that Trump wasn't successful, only that the success of his cons aren't so much due to his skill as a conman as they are the gullibility of the masses...which seems to only get worse as time goes on.
    Got the message. I agree with ya, and I'll look him up, but yeah in world history, much bigger conmen. But I didn't throw the "in the us" in just that post it's been my argument the entire time. Check back to my original quote on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    rofl. idiots. “If I’m being manipulated by Trump ... then he is the greatest con man that ever lived in America,” uhhhhhhhhh yeah bro he is.

Got the message. I agree with ya, and I'll look him up, but yeah in world history, much bigger conmen. But I didn't throw the "in the us" in just that post it's been my argument the entire time. Check back to my original quote on the topic.
    Then I apologize for missing that specific comment. I think I actually missed an entire page somewhere along the line. Mea culpa.

EDIT: Although I think an argument can be made for McConnell actually being a better conman since he's remained in power for decades despite being despised nearly universally, gets pretty much anything he wants and isn't held accountable for any of it.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-11-21 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    correct me, but nothing says it has to be Chief Justice of SCOTUS who administers the oath ?
    some prior pres. was sworn in by his own father, who was just a notary public: Calvin Coolridge upon receiving notice of Warran Hasting's passing; new pres. was on visit at his home.
    Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in on Air Force One by federal judge Sarah T. Hughes

plenty of opportunities for Donald to grab any judge.
    You are correct it doesn't have to be Chief Justice.

If she's actually a judge (I'm not sure if she is) but I suppose trump can go on fox news and get that angry drunk judge lady they got on there to swear him in and he can be pretend president for life for all his followers.

10+ Year Old Account

If she's actually a judge (I'm not sure if she is) but I suppose trump can go on fox news and get that angry drunk judge lady they got on there to swear him in and he can be pretend president for life for all his followers.
    I honestly hope he does. That would be overt sedition, and it would fracture the GoP base completely for the next 20 years, as plenty of people would still attempt to write him in for elections.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    sure it can. Biden get's sworn in by Roberts at the capital building, While Trump get's sworn in by Rudy on the golf course.
    Then Trump wasn't sworn in. Thats not how it works.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    correct me, but nothing says it has to be Chief Justice of SCOTUS who administers the oath ?
    some prior pres. was sworn in by his own father, who was just a notary public: Calvin Coolridge upon receiving notice of Warran Hasting's passing; new pres. was on visit at his home.
    Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in on Air Force One by federal judge Sarah T. Hughes

plenty of opportunities for Donald to grab any judge.
    No, no and NO!

A judge can't simply make anyone they want President it doesn't work that way. The Constitution clearly lays out exactly what the justice role is, and it isn't to make The President. That is what the college electorate is for. Short of that it would be The Congress, not the Senate, and Not the Supreme Court, The Congress they are the final say and they are bound by the Constitution.

Only two people could be President legitimately as of January 20th, either Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi

- - - Updated - - -

No she can't again because the Justice doesn't determine who the president is by swearing in. Unless it's backed by the electorate basically Congress. The Supreme Court enforces the law they don't make it, and they interpret the law where there is no precedence.

That is no where near the case here, the constitutions CLEARLY spells out exactly what to do in EVERY contingency. Trump has lost, there is no way in any fucking universe or reality he remains Presidency or over turns shit. I am telling you this as 100%
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Then Trump wasn't sworn in. Thats not how it works.
    I know, i'm just having some fun cause these people don't live in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, i'm just having some fun cause these people don't live in reality.
    Yeah the scary thing is I sucked at civics in high school, but there very much individuals that truly fucking KNOW better saying a lot of nonsense. Maybe it's for ratings, maybe it's to hype people up so as to energize their base for mid terms.

But no matter what Trump Lost. Trump KNOWS this, his administration knows this, anybody with any degree of sense logic and the fucking law KNOWS this. It isn't an opinion any more, it's fact.

Trump lost, he isn't over turning anything and Amy Comey Barret has fuck all to do with any of it.

And while I am sure as you put it that "This is amusing" the simple fact of the matter is that it isn't. Because while Trump can't overturn anything he can sure as fuck do a shit load of damage before he leaves that undermines not only our democracy, but also hurts and kills thousands more who could actually use some adults in the room to stand up and tell the truth.

He's lost, this isn't funny and the people mostly being hurt right now, are people that Need a smooth transition to the Biden Administration so we can get this Epidemic under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah the scary thing is I sucked at civics in high school, but there very much individuals that truly fucking KNOW better saying a lot of nonsense. Maybe it's for ratings, maybe it's to hype people up so as to energize their base for mid terms.

But no matter what Trump Lost. Trump KNOWS this, his administration knows this, anybody with any degree of sense logic and the fucking law KNOWS this. It isn't an opinion any more, it's fact.

Trump lost, he isn't over turning anything and Amy Comey Barret has fuck all to do with any of it.

And while I am sure as you put it that "This is amusing" the simple fact of the matter is that it isn't. Because while Trump can't overturn anything he can sure as fuck do a shit load of damage before he leaves that undermines not only our democracy, but also hurts and kills thousands more who could actually use some adults in the room to stand up and tell the truth.

He's lost, this isn't funny and the people mostly being hurt right now, are people that Need a smooth transition to the Biden Administration so we can get this Epidemic under control.
    So tell me what happens if what I said actually happens. He becomes pretend president because the people who know better do nothing to stop his desire for nothing but pagentry and adulation? As has been pointed out it crumble the GoP. C'est la vie.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-11-21 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So tell me what happens if what I said actually happens. He becomes pretend president because the people who know better do nothing to stop his desire for nothing but pagentry and adulation? As has been pointed out it crumble the GoP. C'est la vie.

See the civil war and how that turned out. In essence that is similar to what you’re saying here and it’s arguable Lincoln had less standing than Biden will.

Again as has been mentioned it’s sedition and illegal and Biden and the U.S government would put it down.

As I said could it lead to civil war. Absolutely, but that still wouldn’t make Trump President.

As for a civil war and all that. That is a separate issue not a legal one.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    i would expect he rumbles and cries and whatnot, BUT abstains from the really weird and illegal activities. this way he can claim election was stolen while blame the official bureaucracy same time, all for his rabid followers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only two people could be President legitimately as of January 20th, either Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi
    I mean, technically it could be, say, Betsy DeVos, if everyone above her in the chain of succession were suddenly incapacitated.

He'd also get arrested for sedition and could write his own Mein Kampf while imprisoned.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Biden has officially passed the +6 million vote difference mark in the national popular vote, closing in on the 80 million total votes mark.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

See the civil war and how that turned out. In essence that is similar to what you’re saying here and it’s arguable Lincoln had less standing than Biden will.

Again as has been mentioned it’s sedition and illegal and Biden and the U.S government would put it down.

As I said could it lead to civil war. Absolutely, but that still wouldn’t make Trump President.

As for a civil war and all that. That is a separate issue not a legal one.
    The Civil war would be the entire might of the US military vs yeah as stupid as these rednecks are, they ain't gonna try to fight the US military. so no civil war, just trump going to prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I mean, technically it could be, say, Betsy DeVos, if everyone above her in the chain of succession were suddenly incapacitated.

He'd also get arrested for sedition and could write his own Mein Kampf while imprisoned.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Biden has officially passed the +6 million vote difference mark in the national popular vote, closing in on the 80 million total votes mark.
    No because that would again mean we are at war. Which has nothing to do with legal standing. I could be President too based on the same set on nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Civil war would be the entire might of the US military vs yeah as stupid as these rednecks are, they ain't gonna try to fight the US military. so no civil war, just trump going to prison.
    The only thing that would qualify as a Civil War in this country would involve a split military. If conditions are not bad enough for the military to split, then there can really be no legitimate Civil War.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The only thing that would qualify as a Civil War in this country would involve a split military. If conditions are not bad enough for the military to split, then there can really be no legitimate Civil War.
    exactly, and there is no logical reason to even believe the military is gonna split. I'm not even sure how the logistics of such a thing would even be possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because that would again mean we are at war. Which has nothing to do with legal standing. I could be President too based on the same set on nonsense.
    What? No, literally she's in the chain of succession as a Cabinet member.

If all the people above her were to keel over and die and the election were to somehow be unresolved, then she could be the President on January 20th, legally.

It's a ridiculous hypothetical, but it's not wrong.

EDIT: From 3 U.S. Code § 19 - Vacancy in offices of both President and Vice President; officers eligible to act
    (d) (1) If, by reason of death, resignation, removal from office, inability, or failure to qualify, there is no President pro tempore to act as President under subsection (b) of this section, then the officer of the United States who is highest on the following list, and who is not under disability to discharge the powers and duties of the office of President shall act as President: Secretary of State, Secretary of the Treasury, Secretary of Defense, Attorney General, Secretary of the Interior, Secretary of Agriculture, Secretary of Commerce, Secretary of Labor, Secretary of Health and Human Services, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, Secretary of Transportation, Secretary of Energy, Secretary of Education, Secretary of Veterans Affairs, Secretary of Homeland Security.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2020-11-21 at 07:15 PM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Debatable.

-snip-
    The military pledges no allegiance to the President; their oath is to the Constitution itself. They don't have any obligation to follow Trump's orders, certainly not after Biden is officially named President-Elect. He may attempt to install loyalist commanders but that doesn't mean the entire institution is beholden to his whims.

There is also no mechanism by which they are both sworn in and both have legitimate claim. Frankly, it is too late for Trump to manipulate the system and come out as President with any degree of legitimacy, even if bad faith electors or justices were to attempt to overturn the results. Maybe if this election had actually been close, or there was actual evidence (even manufactured), but that just isn't the case here.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United..._of_succession for the current list. is that list even valid after jan 21 (aside from Speaker and Pres pro tempore) because everybody on that list is off duty by then ?

10+ Year Old Account

Well there are a few stupid enough to try, but when the military stops fucking around and can lay thousands of LARPErs down in seconds. They might figure out that a half trillion in yearly defense spending went a lot further than they knew.

And unlike TV there is a huge fucking difference between groups of protesters occasionally getting out of hand and heavily armed morons threatening war and insurrection.

Civil War could happen but it’s going to be lose lose all the way around.

People have already lost friends and family over this in terms of ending associations.

But unless people are willing able and capable of committing murder over an election both sides have found Trump clearly lost, is going to likely be the smelling salt.

Trump lost they can get the fuck over it or don’t. Protest organize whatever

But that’s not going to change reality. Trump lost

I guarantee this bullshit silent majority is a myth. And if there is a war I’m sure it will be Trump that starts it. But I also guarantee none of the idiots who want it to happen have any idea how much more they’ll lose than an election.