Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    There isn't anything Pence can do. The votes are already known and there are duplicates of them as well. All he can do is read out the tallies.
    You are correct, but you are also not the mark that Trump is trying to con.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me honestly. He's setting up Pence to be the fall guy on Wednesday, cause ya know, Trump certainly can't be responsible.
    In exchange for Trump being allowed to run as a Republican, he had to take some, well, Republicans on his ticket. Pence is the only one left because he fired all the others.

I hope what's left of the Republican Party sees Trump attacking Pence for what we all knew for years: Trump only values loyalty to Trump. Oh, and they sold themselves out to a lying incompetent con man who has no Republican or Christian values, and all they got was this lousy T-shirt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    There isn't anything Pence can do.
    He could join his fellow Republicans and condemn actions that overthrow Democracy.

But he won't. He knows, without Trump, he's lost everything. With Trump, he's lost everything except Trump.

Man, the 6th is going to be amazing. Where's Genn and the popcorn?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Man, the 6th is going to be amazing. Where's Genn and the popcorn?
    I miss Genn and especially Skroe, Skroe always put out some high quality and informative posts especially on anything dealing with the military. I get why they were permabanned but it still sucks they can't post here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    I miss Genn and especially Skroe, Skroe always put out some high quality and informative posts especially on anything dealing with the military. I get why they were permabanned but it still sucks they can't post here anymore.
    cmon his posts sucked if you actually bothered to read them. 'American exceptionalism is good, we should be able to do whatever we want to whoever we want' 'corna virus wont affect the US much because we are spread out its a European transit problem'

it was trumpism light, Lincoln project stuff. which is why he ended up calling for violence against people, he just arrived at his fascism in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    cmon his posts sucked if you actually bothered to read them. 'American exceptionalism is good, we should be able to do whatever we want to whoever we want' 'corna virus wont affect the US much because we are spread out its a European transit problem'

it was trumpism light, Lincoln project stuff. which is why he ended up calling for violence against people, he just arrived at his fascism in a different way.
    so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In exchange for Trump being allowed to run as a Republican, he had to take some, well, Republicans on his ticket. Pence is the only one left because he fired all the others.

I hope what's left of the Republican Party sees Trump attacking Pence for what we all knew for years: Trump only values loyalty to Trump. Oh, and they sold themselves out to a lying incompetent con man who has no Republican or Christian values, and all they got was this lousy Hat.
    Fixed that for ya.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Probably the last well see of Mike Pence happens later today, and I just hope he gets lost in the fictional woods and I don't hear much about him again.
    He's almost certainly gonna run in 2024 along with Cruz and Hawley.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You didn't understand a thing he wrote. I understand that long text can be intimidating to some tho. Especially for those who are really stupid.
    The post I will always remember is when he called for the US to upgrade our missile defense systems. The article he linked discussed the idea that we were getting close to the point that the US would be able to launch a first strike on Russia, and in their counter strike they would only be able to get around 60 missiles to actually land in the US and detonate. Nuclear weapons aren't THAT destructive, he often said, and so 60 nuclear weapons detonating in the US would be a small price to pay for for completely obliterating Russia. We would recover, and Russia would not.

The point that he was alluding to is that we should do first strikes on Russia AND China simultaneously with the purpose of obliterating both of them.

I DID read his text. And read many of the links he provided. He conveniently left out in his posts about potential conventional wars between US and China that, well the US would be fine, China would survive, but Japan would bear the brunt of the damage due to our military bases in Japan that were doing things like basing aircraft to fly sorties over China. I watched the videos he linked to. Some of them were quite terrifying.

All of this was just a standard part of his We rule the world, you just live here mentality. He really did believe that the US should rule the world, and that we should not have to worry about how non-Americans are affected by our actions.

So let's talk about the lawyer who helped conspire in overthrowing our election, Cleta Mitchell. Mitchell belongs to what at least is a HUGE law firm over 1,000 lawyers and many locations.

So I decided to check out her Twitter page. She describes herself as a conservative lawyer. Below is her pinned Tweet.

Sandra Smith thinks FoxNews calling the election means Biden is President. Forget that pesky Constitution... happy to be considered a nut job because I believe in the rule of law

Off the bat she doesn't even believe Biden was elected. A lawyer who doesn't believe in our electoral procss.

Moving down on here thread she then has a screen grab that "mask don't and may be dangerous". WTF?!

Give her credit she is not only representing a client she believes the crazy shit, with multiple tweets basically discrediting the Georgia election.

Here is response by her law firm, Foley and Lardner: Firm Response to Reports of Partner Cleta Mitchell’s Involvement in Post-Election Challenges

Foley & Lardner LLP is not representing any parties seeking to contest the results of the presidential election. In November, the firm made a policy decision not to take on any representation of any party in connection with matters related to the presidential election results. Our policy did allow our attorneys to participate in observing election recounts and similar actions on a voluntary basis in their individual capacity as private citizens so long as they did not act as legal advisers. We are aware of, and are concerned by, Ms. Mitchell’s participation in the January 2 conference call and are working to understand her involvement more thoroughly.
    Now the funny thing is I want to tweet a reply so bad, but because of what I do, I cannot get too political in social media. Here they say they are "aware of the situation" but if you look at her social media, she is batshit crazy. Now, yes they didn't know she was representing him on a phone call which likely should be a crime. I'm willing to be she gave advise on his wording, basically telling him no threatening language.

I hope once more this is a time where people who use this law firm find another. Also maybe people should actually face full responsibility and have a disbarment process.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So let's talk about the lawyer who helped conspire in overthrowing our election, Cleta Mitchell.

"We are aware of, and are concerned by, Ms. Mitchell’s participation in the January 2 conference call and are working to understand her involvement more thoroughly."
    ...she's fucked?

We've talked about that topic before: what happens to a law firm that publicly chooses to represent sedition? This isn't like Clinton, who was assigned to defend a rapist. Criminals get lawyers, that's the Constitution, but they don't typically get to pick their case -- it's the one they're arrested for. This was something Mitchell went out of her way to be part of.

Oh, and let's add to it, that response from her law firm? Either they didn't know -- and she was taking cases outside their firm's knowledge or consent, and while I don't work at a law firm I suspect that's a giant no-no -- or they did know, but thought it wouldn't get out, and they're trying to cut their losses. Either way, Foley and Lardner are clearly concerned with this getting back to them and costing them money and respect. We've seen legal and nonlegal analysis suggesting that Trump's actions, direct threats included, were criminal, and Mitchell was an active participant. Either they'd better be ready to defend one of their own who came close to the line but didn't cross it...or she's out on the street.
    @cubby I know I ask a lot of you but...what's your far more experienced take?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Probably the last well see of Mike Pence happens later today, and I just hope he gets lost in the fictional woods and I don't hear much about him again.
    Uhm... the majority of republicans that are doing this, are projected to run in 2024, including Pence... This is campaigning for 2024... Your hope is counter to the point of them doing this... Where do you get your news?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    He's almost certainly gonna run in 2024 along with Cruz and Hawley.
    The lot of them are... this is campaigning, not a final hurrah...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post

Exactly... his party went fascist but without decorum. He just wanted fascism with decorum. Like most Lincoln project types

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I watched like 5 minutes of it, could see both the teleprompters cause they were like 2 feet away, and he was squinting trying to read them, guy probably needs glasses. Was very canned "it's important to vote for these senators" crap, turned it off.
    Hol up . . .

Trump was using teleprompters?

We had 9 years (including a year of campaigning) of Republicans screaming about Obama using TELEPROMPTURRRRS and now their God and Savior here, the Eternal Cheeto, is using them?

I think I hate these people.
    Putin khuliyo

Question, are conservatives normally pro-states' rights?

Because the 12 numbnuts are going fully centralization vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    Question, are conservatives normally pro-states' rights?

Because the 12 numbnuts are going fully centralization vote.
    Haha no.

Conservatives are pro-"whatever let's them stay in power and tell other's what to do". It used to be that being "pro-state" was enough to be elected. It's not anymore, so they're pivoting to fascism instead.

They've only been about the "right" state rights when it is convenient to the GOP.

Thank you for the answers. I was confused with the spin breaking flip flop, but then I remind myself they are spineless in the first place.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account

Legal Eagle about the famous phone call.

your guesses are as good as mine. my opinion: Pence will likely get his chance as "President for one day" as federal charges are possible and only a presidential pardon would erase that. but Georgia law might bite Trump still

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    You miss someone (Skroe) who could not survive 5 minutes without A4 wall of text about how superior USA is military wise and how within the next decade they are gonna be so far ahead of Russia that it won't be even funny?
    Pretty sure unless my memory fails me that towards the end there were thinly veiled threats about Europe too, how USA needs no one, everyone else can just die off and States can claim and take anything.

I mean I am totally in the camp of "USA has the most powerful armed forces in the world and Russia/China sucks" but that guy's posts were ridiculous and so gung-ho it was getting scary to imagine people like him ever getting some real power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post

Legal Eagle about the famous phone call.

your guesses are as good as mine. my opinion: Pence will likely get his chance as "President for one day" as federal charges are possible and only a presidential pardon would erase that. but Georgia law might bite Trump still
    Super interesting.. but that shows the mental state of Trump. And its scaring me.. because so many people voted for Trump. If he calls his rabid fanbase to resist/go into a revolt.. second US Civil War?... but....

Lets chant: ''lock him up!''