The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    It's simply that Biden is a really shitty candidate, and its the DNC's incredibly cynical take on what Americans as voters will accept given the advent of something like Trump.
    You're aware that the voters chose Biden, right?

V-O-T-E-R-S.

NOT the DNC. Please at least try to get your facts right when shilling for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You're aware that the voters chose Biden, right?

V-O-T-E-R-S.

NOT the DNC. Please at least try to get your facts right when shilling for Trump.
    No no no, remember, the DNC didn't do enough to support the candidate not actually registered as a democrat that was running in their primary!

Bernie's failure to become the nominee could only ever be the fault of some terrible conspiracy against him, and couldn't possibly be due to the fact that Biden has more exposure as an actual democratic politician, represents a platform far more familiar to the majority of democratic voters, has a track record within the white house itself, and has far greater name recognition because of those things.

Flippancy aside, I've said before that Biden wasn't my first choice. But it's either him or Trump now. And I will do everything within my electorate power to stop Trump from being president. What really shocks me is that someone claiming to be a progressive could look at the past four years Trump's presidency and say "you know... this has been alright... Four more years of this couldn't be that bad, right?"

Really makes me doubt their honesty.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    No no no, remember, the DNC didn't do enough to support the candidate not actually registered as a democrat that was running in their primary!

Bernie's failure to become the nominee could only ever be the fault of some terrible conspiracy against him, and couldn't possibly be due to the fact that Biden has more exposure as an actual democratic politician, represents a platform far more familiar to the majority of democratic voters, has a track record within the white house itself, and has far greater name recognition because of those things.

Flippancy aside, I've said before that Biden wasn't my first choice. But it's either him or Trump now. And I will do everything within my electorate power to stop Trump from being president. What really shocks me is that someone claiming to be a progressive could look at the past four years Trump's presidency and say "you know... this has been alright... Four more years of this couldn't be that bad, right?"

Agreed - and our Lil Louisa is just another cog in the Trumpster wheel - either too ignorant or too culpable in their effort to keep Trump in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    I shall explain...

It's simply that Biden is a really shitty candidate, and its the DNC's incredibly cynical take on what Americans as voters will accept given the advent of something like Trump.

I mean look at the response to the pandemic: endless handouts to corporations. $4 trillion or more to their friends and a measly one time $1200 for the average citizen. The average citizen can still catch Covid-19 for which is there is little in the way of treatment, no vaccine, and questions about who pays for it all. And while they have flubbed the quarantine in place phase there was no assistance to keep smaller companies afloat, maintain employment or even wage security, stop foreclosures, stop evictions, or stop utility shutoffs while people were financially stressed under lock-down conditions. Americans will eat shit and ask for seconds.

I would argue that Trump is terrible. But if you actually put him side by side with decades of the also terrible Biden's political record, Biden is technically worse if only for the duration of time he's been terrible, but I would argue substantively also. But Trump has other flaws: he foments violence, he makes endlessly idiotic tweets, his crimes, and probably worst of all is his unseemly behavior as president. Trump is undignified and embarrassing. I really want to say that Biden is dignified and doesn't embarrass us - but that's not really true is it? I guess Biden would simply embarrass us less, or we could just pretend that possibly senile, old creepy Joe was somehow just prone to gaffes and inappropriate touching. "That's just Joe!" we would say of President Biden. "Oh look, he's massaging the shoulders of the German PM."

Polls put Biden ahead. Trump still has a base that it seems he cannot fall below. I don't think this is going to be a clean or overwhelming win for Biden. But hey, he might do it.

I think I've heard Krystal Ball describe this election as a choice between candidates "stab me" or "shoot me" - and those aren't great choices. And incrementalism continues.

The incrementalism designed into the U.S. political system is probably going to be its downfall. Given the greed of politicians, the shift to the entire conversation to the right of middle - progress for the left is effectively impossible. My advice to younger people is get the fuck out of here. Which reminds me to call a younger relative of mine and tell him that very thing.

Joe Rogan: "We can go dumber."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YraUerctDM8
    The voters picked Biden. So, why don't you blame them?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Odd, considering how many times you got caught spamming racist nonsense, and even trying to claim others were saying things they were not saying.

Oh, and as for Trump supporting segregation, do you mean the guy who got caught refusing to rent to people, because they were black?
    And you're in favor of such exclusionism my man.

Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    So are you voting for Biden or not?

Lol... using the queen of the grifters as your source for information

That explains a lot.

But thus far, nobody has benefited more financially from the group than Ball herself. Of the $445,000 Ball raised for the group, she paid herself more than a third of that—$174,000—in salary, according to documents filed with the Federal Election Commission. The majority of her salary—$104,000—came in the first three months of this year alone. That's nearly eight times more than the nearly $22,000 the PHP has used to support its dozen endorsed candidates, some of whom have received just a single $1,000 contribution. Political groups with a glaring discrepancy between personal salaries and candidate contributions are often deemed so-called “Scam PACs,” a type of organization that enriches its founders while doing little to assist the cause or candidate they purportedly support.[20]
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2020-05-31 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    And you're in favor of such exclusionism my man.

So are you voting for Biden or not?
    You really shouldn't be so disingenuous, liar.

So, you admit there is no double standard? I accept your apology.

Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people. It would make them racist shitbags, but they should be free to be racist shitbags. And yes, they would be racist, and they should be free to be racist.
    yet another of the dudes who likes to spam burner accounts. Yeah, you got caught lying.

Cheers!!!

You really shouldn't be so disingenuous, liar.

yet another of the dudes who likes to spam burner accounts. Yeah, you got caught lying.

Cheers!!!

Oh that's even better! You're saying you know it is racist to to have such an exclusionism and yet still ok with promoting such practices! So what does that make you. A hypocrite and a knowing and proud racist? Reminds of a supporter of somebody? So are you voting for Biden or not?

Oh that's even better! You're saying you know it is racist to to have such an exclusionism and yet still ok with promoting such practices!
    There you go, lying again.

What a shame.

Yeah, posting on burner accounts like this one is pitiful:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...9#post52327879

Quote Originally Posted by AntiStooge View Post
    You are ok with black people being excluded and discriminated from services. Black and white. You did not state other races at that post. Now you are adding words that never existed in that post to make you seem not guilty. Very dishonest.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-05-31 at 09:07 PM.

There you go, lying again.

What a shame.
    Lying about what? You said you knew it was racist to have such company policies and yet you are ok with it being pushed through. You are saying it is fine to be a racist and you have no objections about it. And why are you still dodging about the Biden question? Are you voting for him?

Lying about what? You said you knew it was racist to have such company policies and yet you are ok with it being pushed through. You are saying it is fine to be a racist and you have no objections about it. Hypocrite much? And why are you still dodging about the Biden question? Are you voting for him?
    I already pointed it out... spamming burner accounts to lie, what a shame.

I've already answered whom I'm voting for in this thread, Trumspter.

I already pointed it out... spamming burner accounts to lie, what a shame.

I've already answered whom I'm voting for in this thread, Trumspter.
    Getting panicky now after being exposed the vile hypocrite that you are, aren't ya. You can't even spell your favorite word properly now lol. You have no objections about the promoting of racist practices and dodging the Biden question. Don't even have the guts to make a stand. Who's the closet Trumpster here?

Getting panicky now after being exposed the vile hypocrite that you are, aren't ya. You can't even spell your favorite word properly now lol. You have no objections about the promoting of racist practices and dodging the Biden question. Don't even have the guts to make a stand. Who's the closet Trumpster here?
    Evidence, please.

I've already stated whom I'm voting for, and you are wrong. You really shouldn't lie so much.

Cheers!!!

Evidence, please.

I've already stated whom I'm voting for, and you are wrong. You really shouldn't lie so much.

Cheers!!!

Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people. It would make them racist shitbags, but they should be free to be racist shitbags. And yes, they would be racist, and they should be free to be racist.

How many times must I quote and emphasize the point that you are someone who knows the concept of racism but yet ok with the promotion of discriminatory racist practices. You are hardly discreet about being a racist apologist my man. Too blatant. Reminds me of a someone. So are you voting for Biden or no. Yes or no question and you seem afraid to answer outright?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I believe them; I'm familiar with that part of the left's media environment. There can be a lack of patience and a lack of pragmatism, but I wouldn't say a lack of honesty.

To try and sum up the perspective with an analogy: We're stuck waist-deep in the mud. One party is actively slathering more mud over themselves and everybody else, and the other party is saying "what if we were only knee-deep instead of waist-deep." Now obviously, being only knee-deep is a better situation, and indeed a prerequisite to actually getting out of the mud, but from that perspective, the primary issue is that neither party seems to actually admit that being stuck in mud is a problem. I think that, in a nutshell, is the source of the "both-sides"-ism- the sense that neither party really "gets" it.

This is directed to @cubby too. I think there are a number of completely valid criticisms of the "Won't Vote For Biden Leftist" position, but I don't think dishonesty is one of them.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2020-05-31 at 09:37 PM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

How many times must I quote and emphasize the point that you are someone who knows the concept of racism but yet ok with the promotion of discriminatory racist practices. You are hardly discreet about being a racist apologist my man. Too blatant. Reminds me of a someone. So are you voting for Biden or no. Yes or no question and you seem afraid to answer outright?
    You can emphasize that I hate racists, while you spam multiple accounts.

You are ok with black people being excluded and discriminated from services. Black and white. You did not state other races at that post. Now you are adding words that never existed in that post to make you seem not guilty. Very dishonest.
    You liars are adorable.

You can emphasize that I hate racists, while you spam multiple accounts.

You liars are adorable.

Does that change anything? You are a racist apologist, and not even voting for Biden.

Biden is a creepy old dude, and represents almost none of the political stances I want. I will not be voting for the guy.

Does that change anything? You are a racist apologist, and not even voting for Biden.
    Nope, I hate racists, try and keep up.

You really shouldn't lie on so many burner accounts.

Nope, I hate racists, try and keep up.

You really shouldn't lie on so many burner accounts.

Which makes you a blatant hypocrite. You said you hate racists and yet have no qualms about practices that promote exclusionism in the same quote. I'm just exposing the hypocrite that you are.

Which makes you a blatant hypocrite. You said you hate racists and yet have no qualms about practices that promote exclusionism in the same quote. I'm just exposing the hypocrite that you are.
    You can hate racists, and still support racists having liberty.

Why do you hate the First Amendment? I'm a hypocrite for hating racists? Or, am I a hypocrite for supporting the First Amendment? Which is it?