I'm pretty meh on Harris. She's a safe pick but that's about it.

Was holding out for a surprise Tammy Duckworth pick, I still think she'd have been a great choice. And there's an interesting dynamic where Republican attacks on Biden recently just aren't landing, similar to Duckworth who Republicans seem largely unable to go after. I mean, remember that time the Republican Senatorial Committee went after her for "not standing up for our veterans"? You know, a veteran who lost both of her legs serving?

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...e-tweet-220441

Yeah, those were good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Kamala is fake, and is a clear that they don't give a damn about a large percent of Democratic voters as is proven time and time again.
    Arguments on her fakeness/authenticity aside - https://www.vox.com/2020/8/4/2135244...ren-susan-rice

What? They literally chose the VP candidate that had the plurality of support from Democratic voters as of polling done at the end of July, roughly 2 weeks ago.

Who was the VP candidate you think had more support from Democratic voters?

Kamala is fake
    Interesting that you would say that, so quickly. Peddling the idea that she is "fake" is exactly the strategy that the Trump campaign is going with. Assuming you are not just a troll, you might want to reevaluate the places you get your opinions from.

Not voting for Trump and I never would, and despite a lot of people not understanding basic algebra. 0 + 0 = 0.
    It does mean you don't actually care if Trump wins again though, which basically proves you don't actually care about any of the progressive issues you claim you do, meaning you are nothing but a liar.

Not voting for Trump and I never would, and despite a lot of people not understanding basic algebra. 0 + 0 = 0.
    You have Chomsky in your sig, maybe you'll listen to him:

https://the.ink/p/noam-chomsky-wants-you-to-vote-for

Quote Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky the motherfuckin Dude
    Well, there is a traditional left position, which has been pretty much forgotten, unfortunately, but it's the one I think we should adhere to. That's the position that real politics is constant activism. It's quite different from the establishment position, which says politics means focus, laser-like, on the quadrennial extravaganza, then go home and let your superiors take over.

The left position has always been: You're working all the time, and every once in a while there's an event called an election. This should take you away from real politics for 10 or 15 minutes. Then you go back to work.

At this moment, the difference between the candidates is a chasm. There has never been a greater difference. It should be obvious to anyone who's not living under a rock. So the traditional left position says, "Take the 15 minutes, push the lever, go back to work."

Now, the activist left has not been making the choice that you mentioned. It's been doing both.

Take Biden's campaign positions. Farther to the left than any Democratic candidate in memory on things like climate. It's far better than anything that preceded it. Not because Biden had a personal conversion or the DNC had some great insight, but because they're being hammered on by activists coming out of the Sanders movement and others. The climate program, a $2 trillion commitment to dealing with the extreme threat of environmental catastrophe, was largely written by the Sunrise Movement and strongly endorsed by the leading activists on climate change, the ones who managed to get the Green New Deal on the legislative agenda. That's real politics.

This is not support for Biden. It is support for the activists who have been at work constantly, creating the background within the party in which the shifts took place, and who have followed Sanders in actually entering the campaign and influencing it. Support for them. Support for real politics.

The left position is you rarely support anyone. You vote against the worst. You keep the pressure and activism going.

I've been here for months, where the hell you been? Saying she Fake goes further back then 2016 and thus is sticks.

- - - Updated - - -

Na I can think for myself. Just because you quote someone doesn't mean I want him to make all my decisions. Shocking.
    Ah, so the leading Progressive intellectual of the last half century (and someone you ostensibly support by putting him in your signature) isn't an opinion you care to consider. Only you know best!

It seems like, to me, that you have fit precisely into the mold of the "Bernie Bro" who only wants to hostage take and throw bombs at those who don't pass your purity tests. I mean, BARBARA LEE FOR VICE PRESIDENT, Jesus Christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is Tim Kaine all over again, and you all drank too much kool-aid to see it.
    You think Harris is like Tim Kaine, to insult others as drinking kool-aid?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

This is Tim Kaine all over again, and you all drank too much kool-aid to see it.
    I literally have no fucking clue what this even means.

I mean, fair point that she wasn't the first pick for a "large percentage of Democratic voters", but nobody was. She was still the most popular VP candidate choice based on polling, meaning she's the pick that the plurality of Democratic voters wanted.

So I have no clue what you're even on about here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I literally have no fucking clue what this even means.
    Same here... makes 0 sense...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The most important thing I know about you, is that you don't actually give a fuck about your country and are happy for Trump to remain President. You have literally made yourself an irrelevance in the Presidential election, somewhere you actually have some power within your country. Congrats.
    The guy has nearly 400 posts in this thread, one of the top 5 posters, and all he's done is make himself look bad and prove he doesn't care about anything he claims he does. I hope its intentional because if it's not, yikes indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah tell the Military Veteran they don't give a fuck about their country.
    Tell them that a Trump has been stealing money from them and taking credit for Obama’s assistance programs? People with shit takes, cannot be confronted because of military veterans? WTF?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Bland.... dont be surprised if karma squirts some hot curry on you.
    what the fuck kind of comeback is this...?

anyway the one candidate that was Thanos snapped by Tulsi Gabbard during the debates of all people is going to be president.... awesome...

- - - Updated - - -

liberals screaming "yass kween slay" as drones blow up a wedding party.
    Last edited by Thee ANCOM; 2020-08-11 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Hiding behind your military service is the lowest of the low.
    Poster already settled at the bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hiding behind your military service is the lowest of the low.
    Not his.......

was just wondering if you changed your mind because of his pick, stop being so defensive?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I considered it, and I rejected it. Chomsky has lived a much more privileged life then me, and thus has different life experience that shape his views and mine. Imagine having some Nuance in thought instead of..
    What you are doing has no nuance...

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly he was claiming to be a veteran. Are you saying he’s stealing valor? Because that’s on the same level. You bring honor to the military, not the other way around.
    He said “they”... he is speaking on their behalf...

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If she wins I can't wait to drink the racist tears that the first ever female president is of Black descent. Oh how delicious it would be to relive 2008.
    This is the point of her being in charge. Obama led the country out of the mess that Bush left us with. Harris can hopefully lead us out of the mess that Trump is continuing to put us in.

Thank you for your very intense and accurate reason to be 100% behind Harris as a VP candidate.

You also give me hope that Biden / Harris CAN get us out of the troubles we are in. Obama did a decent job in 2009 (he did not actually get into office until 2009), and despite republican attempts to sabotage the nation for the purpose of trying to make him a 1 term President, Obama actually accomplished quite a lot.

Biden 2021- 2023, Harris 2023 - 2032
    Last edited by Omega10; 2020-08-11 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    The US having a big crisis with its shitty justice system and its causing a ton of protests and they pick a prosecutor as Biden's VP lol.
    Are the democrats just retarded? This is gonna be one hell of a fun clown show.

Oh yeah tell the Military Veteran they don't give a fuck about their country. You're a real genius. Just because someone doesn't think exactly the way you want you then proceed to impose the worst traits on them to make my self feel better. Sorry that's not how the world works.
    I know several vets that have questionable loyalty, not to mention quite of few of them in the news that outright join militia's who want to overthrow the govt or worse.

I never understood how being a Vet always seems to be something of a qualifier for a person regardless of anything else.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    The US having a big crisis with its shitty justice system and its causing a ton of protests and they pick a prosecutor as Biden's VP lol.
    Are the democrats just retarded? This is gonna be one hell of a fun clown show.
    the protests will have no reason to stop so that's a positive.