10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    "OMG Edge mail-in voting and absentee ballots are totally different things!"

(Spoiler: They're not, really.)
    1200 fraud cases, 1100 of them leading to convictions, out of 250,000,000 mail in ballots.

Wow.

A success rate of ~100 out of 250,000,0000 over the course of 20 years.

So much fraud.
    Putin khuliyo

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's past time for Americans to recognize that legal penalties exist to send a message that a certain thing is not tolerated or acceptable. When you give high-profile criminals a pass, it sends the message that they can break the law with impunity. That's how you got here. This has been a pattern building for more than a century, and largely started with the leaders of the Confederacy being pardoned and set free without punishment. They should all have been hanged for treason (by the standards of the day; I'm not pro-hanging I'm pointing at the pass they were given). Nixon was pardoned. There's a long trend of "break all the laws you want while you're in office, we'll forgive you and nothing bad will happen to you".

Time to break that trend. "Dereliction of duty" needs to be criminal, and should see Trump spend the rest of his natural life in a cell, for contributing to the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans, directly through his own actions. And that should be applicable to a lot of his administration, in turn. If you have to put a couple hundred of these chucklefucks in prison, do it. You never had a problem doing so with black kids caught with an ounce of pot, it shouldn't give you hesitation just because they're political figures.
    I could not agree more, unfortunately, the law makes retroactive punishment unconstitutional. If we're going to see post-Resident Trump in jail, it's going to have to be for the crimes he committed before being elected. IMO, one of the reasons he wants to win reelection, is because the statue of limitations will run out on a number of the financial crimes he's facing.

And even worse, Trump faced Impeachment and walked. Which means, if he wins a second term, he will run roughshod through the United States, and we will truly be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    1200 fraud cases, 1100 of them leading to convictions, out of 250,000,000 mail in ballots.

Wow.

A success rate of ~100 out of 250,000,0000 over the course of 20 years.

So much fraud.
    The best part is the biggest mail in voting fraud in US history was done during Trump's tenure by a republican. When it happened they were all silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yeah. I saw some other polls which seems to suggest the older generation is beginning to not favor Trump.
    Do you think that has anything to do with the fact that he his main strategy for dealing with a pandemic that is wiping them out is to pray and hope it goes away like a miracle? And also the fact that he wants to permanently eliminate payroll taxes, which fund Social Security and Medicare?
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

It's surprising to see 65+ swinging to Biden, but yeah it does make sense when you consider Trump is not only getting them killed from the virus but also trying to fuck over their SS/Medicare.

The most hardcore republican seniors love their government programs even if they don't understand it's a government program.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    It's surprising to see 65+ swinging to Biden, but yeah it does make sense when you consider Trump is not only getting them killed from the virus but also trying to fuck over their SS/Medicare.

The most hardcore republican seniors love their government programs even if they don't understand it's a government program.
    It's others getting help the boomers take issue with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, Trump is a third-world caliber leader.
    It's not nice to belittle third world leaders by lumping him in with them....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I could not agree more, unfortunately, the law makes retroactive punishment unconstitutional. If we're going to see post-Resident Trump in jail, it's going to have to be for the crimes he committed before being elected. IMO, one of the reasons he wants to win reelection, is because the statue of limitations will run out on a number of the financial crimes he's facing.

And even worse, Trump faced Impeachment and walked. Which means, if he wins a second term, he will run roughshod through the United States, and we will truly be lost.
    There's no law on the books in the USA that prevents a President from being charged with crimes for actions while in office.

He can't be sued or charged while in office, for such things, but when they're out of office, they absolutely can be. This is why Nixon was pardoned, for instance.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post

His recent stance on defunding SS and Medicare is...well, crazy. Even if you're going to do it, don't say it, because you'll end up doing exactly what is happening - alienating the older crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's no law on the books in the USA that prevents a President from being charged with crimes for actions while in office.

He can't be sued or charged while in office, for such things, but when they're out of office, they absolutely can be. This is why Nixon was pardoned, for instance.
    Fuck - good point, you're absolutely right. My brain must have left the building for a moment.

How many times was the USPS mentioned in this thread as being non-essential?
    Funny how things change so quickly.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    people are wrong about things. it happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thee ANCOM View Post
    people are wrong about things. it happens all the time.
    Might be nice if they at least admitted that much.
    But I'm not seeing any of those people suddenly coming up and posting support for USPS.

But I'm not seeing any of those people suddenly coming up and posting support for USPS.
    Throwing stones I see.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Throwing stones I see.
    How am I throwing stones? I've always supported USPS.

How am I throwing stones? I've always supported USPS.
    Asking people to what you don't do yourself.

Neat attempt at a deflect though.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Asking people to what you don't do yourself.

Neat attempt at a deflect though.
    Pfft...as usual when it comes to posting something...anything to support your little trolling attempt...you don't.
    If you can't follow with something USPS related to link whatever the fuck you're trying to say then you're done here.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2020-08-17 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... what changed?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    So... what changed?
    Perhaps nothing.
    I was hoping to see better...I guess they still think grandma needs to get to the voting booth.

Pfft...as usual when it comes to posting something...anything to support your little trolling attempt...you don't.
    If you can't follow with something USPS related to link whatever the fuck you're trying to say then you're done here.
    Looks at posting history.

Looks at camera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps nothing.
    I was hoping to see better...I guess they still think grandma needs to get to the voting booth.
    You are easily amused... am jealous...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi