10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Seems at least in the betting odds makers, Trump is already showing a bump from the RNC......
    From your article, they are betting on Trump’s success in preventing people from voting:

Jennings said the reason for this is difficult to pinpoint but that prediction markets "can price in factors other forecasting methods can't, such as the potential impact of the pandemic on voter turnout and fears related to the logistics of actually submitting and counting voters’ ballots."
    Basically, unlike national polling, they are taking into account Trump’s corruption succeeding as it always has.

Oh and nothing to do with convention...

Edit: My avatar is there, because I agree with the betting... the only chance Trump has, is to impede or fuck with voting. Judging by his supporters still cheering him on for attacking American democracy, the odds of him succeeding are indeed increasing.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-08-29 at 01:51 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Regarding Trump's chances of winning, it does seem accurate that it all hinges on how well him and his lackeys can cheat. It's been well established for the past 30 years that a majority of voters are on the dem side in general. This election makes that even more true given how hard Trump worked to make most voters hate him.

It's not all on Trump, though. Republicans have been rigging the game for quite some time now. If voting was actually fair and representation was accurate, republicans wouldn't control much of anything. The people are not with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    I remember the following argument being raised quite a few times: "The GOP would have a field day with Bernie as the nominee, calling him a communist etc."

GOP right now: "Biden is a communist!"
    Its like people told them it was going to happen anyway. They even joined on calling Bernie a commie.

Remember when they tried to say Bernie was a Castro supporter? Now the GOP is calling Biden one.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It seems at least a ton of Trump supporters watched the RNC final night.....https://www.foxnews.com/media/rnc-ra...-audience-size

A whopping 9.2 million people tuned in to Fox News from 10 p.m. to 11:45 p.m. ET Thursday to watch President Trump accept his party's renomination for president to close the Republican National Convention.

By contrast, no other network garnered more than 2.6 million viewers. More people tuned into Fox News Thursday night than did CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS combined. The viewing figures more than double the combined viewership of the two liberal cable news networks, with CNN averaging 2.2 million viewers and MSNBC pulling in 1.9 million viewers.

Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum co-anchored Fox News' record-breaking coverage, helping the network finish with an average primetime viewership of 7.8 million during the fourth night of the RNC. That figure is the highest primetime total viewership average for any political party convention in cable news history.
    So they're down to bragging about average viewers on their station alone on the final night?

You realize that fewer people watched Trump's speech than Biden's, at least on cable - https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy.../#b7abad654257

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So they're down to bragging about average viewers on their station alone on the final night?
    It's a combination of their "silent majority" shtick, and conveniently forgetting that they've been railing against the MAINSTREAM MEDIA and its supposed anti-conservative bias for at least a decade.

washington examiner yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Kudos to the AP, this is probably my favorite pictures of the final night of the rallies. At least other than the hundreds of people sitting barely a foot apart, few of whom were wearing masks, alongside the Trump and Pence families who all stood on stage shoulder to shoulder without masks.

These people, on the outside of the fence, wore their fuckin masks.
    And then they boo if someone asks them to mask up.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...acosta-vpx.cnn

I've been fighting with these people across various social media platforms and IRL for the past 6 months to try and convince them to take COVID-19 seriously and they don't listen until it directly effects them. These are probably the same people that would touch a hot stove even after being warned that it will burn them.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I've been fighting with these people across various social media platforms and IRL for the past 6 months to try and convince them to take COVID-19 seriously and they don't listen until it directly effects them. These are probably the same people that would touch a hot stove even after being warned that it will burn them.
    And they would touch it, not because they don't know it's dangerous, but instead to "trigger the libs" and because "muh freedumz!".
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am unsure if Trumps strategy to center Cancel Culture is necessarily an electoral strategy, it fits more the model of a tactic. Which only will work for him for two main reasons:

1) The other side isn't really running a substantive campaign on real material things. Biden's pitch is "Restore Normalcy!" and "DECORUM!" along with idpol.

2) Liberals will react predictably to any mention of cancel culture by denying it even exists and at the same time suggest its a good thing which is contrary to what most normal people think. In that most normal people believe it exists and only a handful of hyper partisans think is good. Trump can count on his opposition reacting in a way that makes them look like schizo's to a normal person.

This bonkers tactic to focus on only works in a purely substance free campaign season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Even when it does affect them they don't listen:

If i were him, i would say to those people: "Ok, let me put you off of all the life support machines that are keeping you alive while your system is trying to fight the virus. As you say, it's just a hoax. And by the way, when you die while trying to breathe, i hope the last thing in your mind is me, telling you that i told you so. We have a deal?" followed by "Dumb imbecile, stop whining and start cooperating, because i cant actually do that"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am unsure if Trumps strategy to center Cancel Culture is necessarily an electoral strategy, it fits more the model of a tactic. Which only will work for him for two main reasons:

1) The other side isn't really running a substantive campaign on real material things. Biden's pitch is "Restore Normalcy!" and "DECORUM!" along with idpol.
    Dotard Tang is not running a campaign. He only has bullet points as a "platform", instead of the detailed platform of the dems. But hey, you do you.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Dotard Tang is not running a campaign. He only has bullet points as a "platform", instead of the detailed platform of the dems. But hey, you do you.
    Writing lots of words, doesn't equate to substance. Biden's pitch is entirely "Lets try and go back to the 2005-2009 era"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Writing lots of words, doesn't equate to substance. Biden's pitch is entirely "Lets try and go back to the 2005-2009 era"
    When your guy can't read, i guess it makes sense to attack "writing of words".
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and that happens to be appealing to most people who aren't right wing concern trolls or outright accelerationists when the alternative is an actual despot.

Cue the whining about how Trump "didn't do anything any other Democrat or Republican wouldn't have done" from the crowd whose closest experience with oppression is nuisances with school districting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    When your guy can't read, i guess it makes sense to attack "writing of words".
    Or when you have to plagiarize like theo is apt to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Cue the whining about how Trump "didn't do anything any other Democrat or Republican wouldn't have done" from the crowd whose closest experience with oppression is nuisances with school districting.
    You're going to pretend they don't have to endure hearing "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas", too??????? Way to minimize their struggle.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

3+ Year Old Account
    neo liberalism failing, yet again, under Biden isn't going to make the lefties any less vocal with their jeers and "I told you so's".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You're going to pretend they don't have to endure hearing "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas", too??????? Way to minimize their struggle.
    The War on Christmas has been long and bloody, with Boomers being the largest casualty from it.

It doesn't bode well when I try to google for "Biden's main policies" and I'm met with several pages of opinion pieces and news articles trying to investigate the same thing. There does not seem to be any clear messaging on what his main policies are.
    If you spent more then 1 minute finding his policies you're doing the internet wrong. All you have to do is go to his website...

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually had to do some digging and research to find his main policies
    Lol, no you didn't. He literally has his policies listed in his campaign website.

We get that you don't like Biden or a lot of his policies but that isn't an excuse for outright lying about things to create a false impression. Cut it out with the agitprop.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is really not where people should have to go look to find them.
    People should not be looking for someone's policies...on their campaign website...

Lol, are you serious right now?

Again: We get that you don't like Biden or a lot of his policies but that isn't an excuse for outright lying about things to create a false impression. Cut it out with the agitprop.